• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

AndresON777

shooting blanks
What's all the hatred for Villa

Jealousy of his skill and looks:

villa.jpg

Yeha Alexis out for 4 weeks

Damn. They always get hurt before you can sell them.

Wes

venison crêpe
Aston Villa have been scouting Felix Wieldwald from MSV Duisburg according to local reports. Would give more creedence to the rumours of Given being on his way out.

FootballFan

G.Rossi might go to Inter. He'll be back on March.

A huge gamble, considering his past injuries.

Well he has the talent and is a damn great player, it's a gamble but if he stays away from injuries then it's an awesome gamble.

Napoli should soooo get him, put him in place of Pandev.

Some rumours about that United won't be continuing on with Nike. Club wants a huge sponsorship deal and Nike can't afford it.

If we were to switch, I'd like us to switch to Under Armour or Warrior. Just something new basically. We won't go with Warrior though, so Under Armour it is.

Elsk hates everyone except for Ribery and Robben

--could someone please avatarize this useless piece of shit's head:

Aquivaldo%20Mosquera_0.jpg
Oh shit. You just reminded me he might be back for saturday's match against Morelia. How shitty a defender he is that even with a 2-0 lead I'm nervous about the second match outcome.

PLEASE Colombia, I implore you. Keep him!

Salvadora

Wenger revealed some team news ahead of the Spurs game:

-Rosicky (tendon), Diaby (thigh) and Gibbs (thigh) are all still out.
-Szczesny (ankle), Walcott (muscle), Chamberlain (hip) - All have a chance to be in the squad depending on a fitness test tomorrow. Oh and Sagna may be out. He'll have a test tomorrow but apparently is fatigued.

Wes

venison crêpe
Given has regressed very fast hasn't he?

He used to be one of the better keepers in the PL a few years ago.

I liked the signing considering we lost Friedel but he had a dreadful Euro campaign and he kept that form at the beginning of the year. Considering he's on 50k a week or something outlandish and Guzan is playing better for probably a third of the price, I can't see him not being shown the door.

Maybe QPR will take him. They are collecting them.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Oh shit. You just reminded me he might be back for saturday's match against Morelia. How shitty a defender he is that even with a 2-0 lead I'm nervous about the second match outcome.

PLEASE Colombia, I implore you. Keep him!

MUAHAHAHAHA!!

No. The point is for you to play him AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE so he gets hurt by March when we have matches that count!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well he has the talent and is a damn great player, it's a gamble but if he stays away from injuries then it's an awesome gamble.

Napoli should soooo get him, put him in place of Pandev.
Yeah he would fit right in with Napoli. I hear his deal is already agreed with Inter, but who knows.

Pandev was actually quite decent last season. (Loves scoring on us)

Vargas completely flopped! Aside from his Europa League hat trick, he's wasting his (and their) time.

Clegg

I liked the signing considering we lost Friedel but he had a dreadful Euro campaign and he kept that form at the beginning of the year. Considering he's on 50k a week or something outlandish and Guzan is playing better for probably a third of the price, I can't see him not being shown the door.

Maybe QPR will take him. They are collecting them.

He's picked up a few injuries over the last few years.

I think this may have accelerated his decline.

Arnie

I thought it was a non story last night, I thought even less of it after Rodgers' press conference, and now, after today's interview with Suarez, it seems almost laughable.

Feorax

I thought it was a non story last night, I thought even less of it after Rodgers' press conference, and now, after today's interview with Suarez, it seems almost laughable.

Was never going to happen. Very intrested to know the origins though, doesn't seem your typical 2 + 2 = 5 tabloid rumour given who was tweeting about it last night.

So all the former Barça strikers hate Messi?
Well I thought Dinho and Messi were good friends, but I'm not surprised to hear Dinho sticking up for his countryman.

Was never going to happen. Very intrested to know the origins though, doesn't seem your typical 2 + 2 = 5 tabloid rumour given who was tweeting about it last night.
Some Mirror journo was saying it came from inside LFC.

I think it's just a case of someone on Suarez's side talking to somebody on City's side, probably just in passing...and then you get this story.

GorillaJu

Yeah I didn't believe for a second that Suarez was on his way to City. We've got a good, loyal crop of players as the foundation of our team. As Rodgers said, this is the point where we'll benefit from the addition of new players. We'd be stupid to let one of our bright spots go.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright lads

Messi doesn't like you, your out of the team.

Messi going for his 4th Balon D'or too? I'd give it to Pirlo. \MessiHate

tbh, I think he should get the Player of the year

To be fair, in almost every other year pre 2008/09, you'd have a bunch of people possibly deserving of Player of the Year.

Casillas, Alonso, Ozil, Pirlo, Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Vidal, Marchisio, Zlatan (that fourth goal fuck me), van Persie, Kompany, Toure, Reus, Falcao... awful lot of good players this past year.

But Ronaldo's been a few steps above them all for the last few years consistently.

Messi's another few steps up. Unfair on a lot of players, including Ronaldo really... but it should go to the best individual player and that's Messi. Just because Barca didn't win anything doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it.

Arnie

Spoke to Kermit about this this morning. It's definitely leaked from one side, because of the sheer number of journalists who had it ready to print. I don't know whether Viva's right about it being from someone in Suarez's camp, but I do think he's right about it being a fleeting comment, Tony Evans said last night that it's a story, but he didn't feel like slapping it on the back page, which indicated to me it was all a bit of smoke (considering the player and the mooted fee).

Don't think it was LFC, given the lengths they've gone to clean it up today, unless the idea was to put it in the public domain that Suarez wouldn't be going anywhere. But that was expected anyway after his contract extension, so it'd seem unnecessary. City wouldn't get much out of it, other than the idea that they're willing to spend big in January (perhaps to appease itchy supporters), and besides, they've got more pertinent issues that demand attention before they need to spend huge amounts on a striker.

It's really strange.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Messi doesn't like you, your out of the team.

Messi going for his 4th Balon D'or too? I'd give it to Pirlo. MessiHate

tbh, I think he should get the Player of the year
Messi is the best player in the world imo. But the award shouldn't go to him by default every year until someone else better than him pops up.

It should be handed to the best performer/MVP of the year. Was it Messi again? Maybe, but I hope just hope their criteria is deeper than "xx goals".

Am I making sense here? I usually don't when I'm on sleeping pills.

Wilbur

Banned
Messi is the best player in the world imo. But the award shouldn't go to him by default every year until someone else better than him pops up.

It should be handed to the best performer/MVP of the year. Was it Messi again? Maybe, but I hope just hope their criteria is deeper than "xx goals".

I hope that made sense.

I do honestly think he was the best player of last year. It isn't just the goals, its the assists, the fact that he's been dragging Barcelona through Pep's experiments and a shaky Tito defensive set up so far.

I'd love it if Pirlo won it, for instance. But I do think Messi really deserves it. It's predictable but he's always a level above everybody.

K1LLER7

Pirlo did well last year too. But Messi should get it for breaking the goals record(?) It'll be very very difficult to get as many goals again. That achievement itself was amazing and don't really think it'll be done again unless Messi does it in the next couple of years or another Messi turns up.

Spoke to Kermit about this this morning. It's definitely leaked from one side, because of the sheer number of journalists who had it ready to print. I don't know whether Viva's right about it being from someone in Suarez's camp, but I do think he's right about it being a fleeting comment, Tony Evans said last night that it's a story, but he didn't feel like slapping it on the back page, which indicated to me it was all a bit of smoke (considering the player and the mooted fee).

Don't think it was LFC, given the lengths they've gone to clean it up today, unless the idea was to put it in the public domain that Suarez wouldn't be going anywhere. But that was expected anyway after his contract extension, so it'd seem unnecessary. City wouldn't get much out of it, other than the idea that they're willing to spend big in January (perhaps to appease itchy supporters), and besides, they've got more pertinent issues that demand attention before they need to spend huge amounts on a striker.

It's really strange.
There is a third option which is that it comes from Suarez's side which is actually the most plausible I think.

Not that it means he is agitating for a move or anything, but that's what agents do. Maybe it was done to try and warn Liverpool that unless they sign better players Suarez might look to move - that kind of thing.

Wilbur

Banned
If Liverpool were only willing to accept £50m for a spent Torres, I can't even imagine how much they'd want for Suarez.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think anyone is going to vote for Pirlo. I'd be surprised if he comes out anything above third.

Arnie

There is a third option which is that it comes from Suarez's side which is actually the most plausible I think.

Not that it means he is agitating for a move or anything, but that's what agents do. Maybe it was done to try and warn Liverpool that unless they sign better players Suarez might look to move - that kind of thing.

Not to sound too ridiculous but Suarez is loving life at Liverpool at the moment, and his 'people' wouldn't be able to make such a move without his permission. I can't really see it, to be honest, I'd believe it came from within LFC or City over that.

If Liverpool were only willing to accept £50m for a spent Torres, I can't even imagine how much they'd want for Suarez.

It crossed my mind before that this season's Suarez is probably as good as most potent Torres, so far. He's scoring a goal per game, and threatening the fuck out of opposition teams. If only we had goal scorers either side of him.

Top Bottom