• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Lightning

Banned
Hope Hull come to the Emirates and try to score 3 goals against us. Got news for them.

And good on AVB for biting back at the media. What a pack of cunts they have been since the City game and written an absolute load of complete shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
After all that talk about Madrid pissing away the league, now they're 3 points away from top?

Why there is a mission in GTA where you have to drive slow truck from bottom of the map to the top with three worst characters (Franklin, Lamar and Trevor) in the whole game? Who thought this was a good idea?
:lol I'm glad I passed on it.

Scum

Hope Hull come to the Emirates and try to score 3 goals against us. Got news for them.

And good on AVB for biting back at the media. What a pack of cunts they have been since the City game and written an absolute load of complete shit.

Any excuse to bring up 'Arry, innit.

After all that talk about Madrid pissing away the league, now they're 3 points away from top?

:lol I'm glad I passed on it.

Let's face it, Yurt. Our teams are playing in the wrong leagues. :p
Hala, Atl. Madrid!

Lightning

Banned
Any excuse to bring up 'Arry, innit.
Don't know why they keep bringing up Harry for. That prick is so double standard it's astounding, Last season he said there were too many players at QPR who were milking the owners and the squad was too big, then he still couldn't get results so pushed for signings and got expensive players in, then he denied that any of it was him it was the chairman acting on his own bringing in the players when Samba screwed up costing QPR a victory.

Then the FA cup game against a lower division team. He plays a weakened team saying he believes in them, strong enough to win the match, they get humiliated and knocked out, he then says he knew the players weren't good enough and just wanted to show the players that. A home game and he does that and that's his response...

And the media prattle on about AVB integrity while constantly riding Harry's nuts... It's the dumbest shit ever.

I will get a real good smile on my face if QPR fail to get promoted back to the EPL and who he looks to blame because it's never him apparently.

Lightning

Banned
He's very likeable

I love him

but he's one of the most overrated players, along with Sneijder.

it's also a long running joke now
Iniesta is not overrated though. He was integral to Spain's domination for so long and played a huge part in their offensive dominance. Same with Barcelona's dominant period too and he was the 3rd best player in the world. He's not anymore, age catching up with him, but still very likeable and very good. Deserves every cent he can get out of Barca in these negotiations.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Facing a supporter ban after discriminatory chants directed at Napoli fans, Juventus responded by filling the stands with 12,000 children for the game against Udinese.

It was a largely successful experiment and several Juventus players, including Gigi Buffon and Fernando Llorente have spoken of how much they enjoyed the reception they received.

The crowd, all under 13, generated a unique atmosphere and prevented the game being played behind closed doors.

However, there was some embarrassment for Juventus officials as the legions of kids heckled Udinese goalkeeper Zeljko Brkic during his run-up for each goal-kick with a chorus of 'Ohhhh....merda'.
They're copying our ultras

ITALY IS DEAD

Iniesta is not overrated though. He was integral to Spain's domination for so long and played a huge part in their offensive dominance. Same with Barcelona's dominant period too and he was the 3rd best player in the world. He's not anymore, age catching up with him, but still very likeable and very good. Deserves every cent he can get out of Barca in these negotiations.

Read what Michael Cox (Zonalmarking) wrote about him a few months ago.

bjaelke

I'm feeling very reluctant about watching MOTD from the Hull game. Not sure if I'm up for what I expect to be a modern day classic Laurel & Hardy. Still sour about the Copenhagen derby, so the last thing I want is to add fuel to that eerie memory.

GorillaJu

I'm feeling very reluctant about watching MOTD from the Hull game. Not sure if I'm up for what I expect to be a modern day classic Laurel & Hardy. Still sour about the Copenhagen derby, so the last thing I want is to add fuel to that eerie memory.

I'll give you a recap.

Nothing happened, then we scored three goals on ourselves. The end.

--

God Tearaway is such a good game. Makes me completely uninterested in all the other drivel out there. MediaMolecule are such great devs.

If you need a recap of the derby just ask.

ipQSh7SFr5e9W.gif

Lightning

Banned
I'll give you a recap.

Nothing happened, then we scored three goals on ourselves. The end.

--

God Tearaway is such a good game. Makes me completely uninterested in all the other drivel out there. MediaMolecule are such great devs.
Gerrard scored an excellent freekick but the Hull goals were all Liverpool errors. Bloody Skrtel on that last goal was insane, that was going wide and Mignolet had it covered regardless. Hull's second should have been cleared and their 1st goal Moses sloppy.

GorillaJu

Gerrard scored an excellent freekick but the Hull goals were all Liverpool errors. Bloody Skrtel on that last goal was insane, that was going wide and Mignolet had it covered regardless. Hull's second should have been cleared and their 1st goal Moses sloppy.

Yep pretty much, apart from the abysmal passing through the final third, where nearly every attack ended in a misplaced flick.

It was a miserable, abject performance and goes to show that we're still our own worst enemies. I wish Rodgers would be a bit more practical and instruct the team to just bypass the midfield when we're up against these teams that man mark every single attacking player. At least throw something different at them.

If A doesn't work, try B until they get used to B then switch back to A and catch them by surprise. We had one good looking attack where we flew through the pitch but it took some one-in-a-hundred flicks and passes that worked on that single occasion and still ended when Suarez have away possession.

Next game should be Skrtel-Sakho.

bjaelke

That sounds depressingly reminiscent of the Brondby - Copenhagen match. We had a defender who suddenly decided he wanted to play for the other team, so he bagged himself a few assists for them. And we scored a marvelous freekick.

ibfOoVELcBRP1d.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
i9DgLjadg3YeG.gif

Vidic is a beast.

I know he cost us the first goal yesterday but I really thought Walker played well. He delivered some stunning crosses and couldn't have put more effort in, if the players work that hard every game then we can start climbing the table.

That sounds depressingly reminiscent of the Brondby - Copenhagen match. We had a defender who suddenly decided he wanted to play for the other team, so he bagged himself a few assists for them. And we scored a marvelous freekick.

ibfOoVELcBRP1d.gif

Hey he only got himself one! Mikkel Thygesen på capo stilladset med krykker så godt nok farligt ud, man sad jo og håbede på det faldte sammen.

iPJ4he18qzdun.gif

ib2v1HzooB52Uj.gif

ibpiNvvc0P9Mmq.gif

7xSFxcm.jpg

Lightning

Banned
I know he cost us the first goal yesterday but I really thought Walker played well. He delivered some stunning crosses and couldn't have put more effort in, if the players work that hard every game then we can start climbing the table.
Who do you like more, AVB or Harry?

bjaelke

Second goal. Welp. The central pairing at the back really fucked up / did fuck all.

Pyro show before kickoff was amazing. Some of the best I have ever seen. Felt like one of the old derbies.

Ushojax

Who do you like more, AVB or Harry?

AVB. Harry was a chancer, when things were going well he was fine. When results were shit, he'd say anything to avoid taking the blame. Not once have I ever heard AVB say 'we missed x player' after a defeat, whereas any time we lost a game with an important player injured it was always the first thing Harry said. I don't miss him at all.

sohois

Second goal. Welp. The central pairing at the back really fucked up / did fuck all.

Pyro show before kickoff was amazing. Some of the best I have ever seen. Felt like one of the old derbies.

The game really reinforced for me that Toure is not really a great defender anymore. Whilst he has done quite well coming in and largely defied expectations, from a lot of Liverpool fan reactions you'd think he was the strongest defender or something, with people constantly calling for him to start and suggesting Toure/Sakho is the strongest pairing Liverpool have. But really his performances have not really gone above 'good'. there is nothing to suggest for me that he is anything more than 4th choice CB, essentially just the new Carra.

I don't think he should be given the kind of appearances he has received so far.

Blablurn

88.8% - Bayern Munich have the best passing accuracy of all teams of the top 5 leagues of Europe, beating FC Barcelona (88.5%). Precision.

FC-Bayern-Muenchen-Presents-New-Head-Coach-Josep-Guardiola.jpg

Ushojax

What do you make of AVB's comments after the match, specifically about the media Usho?

What he was saying was true but whether he was right to say it, I don't know. The Mail ran with this 'he doesn't take the blame' angle but when he said we should be ashamed after the 6-0 he included himself in that. He didn't just blame the players or single anybody out.

Personally I think the reaction from the press to the 6-0 was bizarre, it was a horrendous performance but United, Everton and Newcastle have all been shat on at the Etihad, but the reaction to those maulings was far less extreme.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought it was endearing, but I'm sure FIGC will come up with a sanction. Fecal racism.
Naah, FIGC won't do shit.

and are you kidding, I LOVED It!

(repost from twitter sorry)
All kids were given tshirt, hats, warm clothing and snacks for free and attended workshops and other activities

BadebUPCEAAAq2V.jpg

BaQ82IxIMAAnN6k.jpg

I love how this 6 y/o kid went out of his way to make the crowd as diverse as possible. There's hope in humanity.

Lightning

Banned
What he was saying was true but whether he was right to say it, I don't know. The Mail ran with this 'he doesn't take the blame' angle but when he said we should be ashamed after the 6-0 he included himself in that. He didn't just blame the players or single anybody out.

Personally I think the reaction from the press to the 6-0 was bizarre, it was a horrendous performance but United, Everton and Newcastle have all been shat on at the Etihad, but the reaction to those maulings was far less extreme.
AVB was right in what he said. Just questionable whether he was right to say it. Fergie and Wenger have also launched massive attacks on the press, but they have/had the complete backing of their clubs, it made their position much stronger as neither would ever be sacked. AVB does not have the full backing of Spurs board if seems therefore creating more attention probably not a great idea. A couple more bad results and they'll have another go at him, they have no influence over United or Arsenal boards, but not so sure I trust the Spurs board.

What the media have said though is bullshit.

Kassu

Banned
Happy birthday L1NETT

I love how this 6 y/o kid went out of his way to make the crowd as diverse as possible. There's hope in humanity.
I have been really tired the whole morning since I had to do one annoying exam which has been stressing me out for the last week but this just made my day a whole lot better. Kids are awesome.

Forza Juve!

GorillaJu

Every single manager gets stick and the only reason AVB is being singled out so much is because he makes himself such an easy target with his paranoid and nonsensical rants. Moyes has been getting railed since the start of his United campaign for his claims of conspiracy with the fixture arrangements, his lavish praise for the team even after a poor result and his questionable transfer dealings, such as paying several million over the release clause for Fellaini when it was obvious from the start that he was a target. Rodgers got plenty of stick for his inane vocabulary and arrogance, and even had a "Brendan Rodgers or David Brent?" quote quiz on the Guardian. The difference is that the other managers here don't whine to the media and demand respect.

You earn respect: Moyes has picked United's fortunes up and have sent them through to the knockout round of the CL comfortably. Rodgers has Liverpool winning games that we would have crumpled under pressure in two years ago.

What has AVB done to earn respect and admiration? He's asked for it. Impolitely.

The game really reinforced for me that Toure is not really a great defender anymore. Whilst he has done quite well coming in and largely defied expectations, from a lot of Liverpool fan reactions you'd think he was the strongest defender or something, with people constantly calling for him to start and suggesting Toure/Sakho is the strongest pairing Liverpool have. But really his performances have not really gone above 'good'. there is nothing to suggest for me that he is anything more than 4th choice CB, essentially just the new Carra.

I don't think he should be given the kind of appearances he has received so far.

Agreed completely, although he was pretty much impeccable in those first three games. His indecisiveness on the ball is slowing our buildup from the back too much, which is already too slow with Lucas and Gerrard acting as the pivots. Skrtel is no better at it, but his general performances have been better. Would like to see Skretl-Sakho against Norwich. In fact, anything to get Sakho implemented properly. We have a potentially world class defender who at the moment is not being given enough of a run in the team to adapt, let alone reach his potential

Salazar

The difference is that the other managers here don't whine to the media and demand respect.

Aye.

And daft chatter about "integrity and human values", when what it boils down to is "stop saying I'm shit". Damn right they're going to take shots at your professionalism if you ask them to tip-toe around it.

lol. Aguero made him look like Benayoun. Sandro's colossus credentials are tattered.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool, maybe you should go back to 3-5-2? :p
DON'T DO IT BRENDAN

I have been really tired the whole morning since I had to do one annoying exam which has been stressing me out for the last week but this just made my day a whole lot better. Kids are awesome.

Forza Juve!

YESSS <3

Our next game will be all kids too.

Happy birthday L1NETT

Right! Happy birthday L1NETT! I honestly thought you were in your late 30s or something.

sohois

Liverpool, maybe you should go back to 3-5-2? :p
DON'T DO IT BRENDAN

YESSS <3

Our next game will be all kids too.

Right! Happy birthday L1NETT! I honestly thought you were in your late 30s or something.

3-5-2 was designed for Sturridge and Suarez, without one of the pair Liverpool won't play 3-5-2 again. I suppose it could work with Aspas but I doubt Rodgers reverting to it without Sturridge.

Ushojax

lol. Aguero made him look like Benayoun. Sandro's colossus credentials are tattered.

Sandro is still only at 70% after that horrendous knee injury in January, still not quite ready to throw himself about like he used to. In a couple of months he will be back to his best.

Dembele made 6 tackles yesterday, more than Jones, Kagawa and Cleverley combined, he's starting to return to form as well. Those two have to play all our games in the PL.

Suen

Madrid players get annoying sometimes outside the pitch. Almost every week you read headlines from 2-3 Madrid players that say Ronaldo is the best in the world. We fucking get it already, you don't need to repeat it every week and if the press asks you just ignore them. Fucking finish sucking his dick already.

Top Bottom