• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Remember when some of you fools tried to tell me he was the better striker than Negredo? Huehuehuehue.

This is a lull, in a team that couldn't do any less to get the best out of him, and struggles badly to provide decent service. Still think Soldado would be a very good striker in this league if he played for Man Utd or Chelsea. Negredo is obviously more complete, and a better fit for the league, but its not like it was foolish to predict that Soldado would have a better impact based on their La Liga records.

Hull had lost 4 of their last 5 games before yesterday. Rodgers you knob, sort it out.

Timurid

This is a lull, in a team that couldn't do any less to get the best out of him, and struggles badly to provide decent service. Still think Soldado would be a very good striker in this league if he played for Man Utd or Chelsea. Negredo is obviously more complete, and a better fit for the league, but its not like it was foolish to predict that Soldado would have a better impact based on their La Liga records.

Hull had lost 4 of their last 5 games before yesterday. Rodgers you knob, sort it out.
why no sakho?

Linius

Hai guys

i66xXeNCe0wsc.JPG

It's snowing!

Blablurn

Relax, Milch. It's all going according to keikaku. You're throught in CL, which is your real objective this season. Most of these injured players will be back for the second half of the season, rested and fit for the final rush.

It's happening.

Nothing is happening in Dortmund. Nothing.

Salvadora

Apparently one of the more reliable sources from Brazil has us making a €8m bid for Pato, which was rejected.

Would fit in nicely alongside Diaby in the perma-crocked section of the squad.

daxgame

FIFA rankings never make sense. Ever.

Happy birthday L1NETT!

yeah but "bad rules" such as not counting if a match is played at home or away are one thing, blatant false points are another... wtf. They're making the world cup pots with those, you know!

this is what happens when you troll Juve

Hitcher's team ✓
NegativeFootballfan ✓

Praise the lord Januzaj. I can feel his presence. #YNWA

tumblr_mx6cj1l7P41r30r4xo8_250.gif

Hey, I've got nothing against Juve in the CL :p

Don't quite understand why the neutrals in this thread seem to want you lot to waltz to the title again though, I must admit. Excitement of the league > slight preferences.

Meier

I agree that a lot of the issues are on his teammates, but one thing that I am constantly impressed by with Negredo is how utterly tenacious he is. He tracks back and is constantly fighting off defenders to get the ball back. I haven't watched many Spurs games to comment directly, but sometimes a striker has to do his part to create his own chances too.

Soldado is quality and I'm sure he'll end up being successful for Spurs, but I can't help but laugh a little bit given the comments in this thread over the summer. So many underestimated Negredo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hey, I've got nothing against Juve in the CL :p

Don't quite understand why the neutrals in this thread seem to want you lot to waltz to the title again though, I must admit. Excitement of the league > slight preferences.

Don't count Roma out yet, they're still (!) undefeated.

Rafa's Napoli is quite strong too. Their freak home loss to Parma aside, there's no shame in losing away to Roma and Juve.

rvy

Banned

Rafa's Napoli is quite strong too. Their freak home loss to Parma aside, there's no shame in losing away to Roma and Juve.

TOTTI!

Show us your pinky.

Glorious.

Superior cunts.

Not like those Nazios.

Not sure about Bravely Default after playing the demo. Gonna need a much better combat turtorial, never played a turn-based RPG with a risk/reward system like that, and don't know what I'm doing with the combat menu and queuing. Being put off by the Streetpass stuff as well. Being punished for not being surrounded by 3DS players, and not often taking the 3DS out of the house is silly.

Also, no English voice acting in VLR? Same true of 999?

Relax, Milch. It's all going according to keikaku. You're throught in CL, which is your real objective this season. Most of these injured players will be back for the second half of the season, rested and fit for the final rush.

It's happening.

The problem is that we still have two very important matches, in the next few days lol

A win against Leverkusen would be important to take the 2nd place again and then we have the match against Marseille (I just know Arsenal will fuck it up and we need to win)

Another reason why the Premier League is best.

Players aren't pussies. No winter break needed.
I really hate this long fucking winter break. But then I see that half our team is injured and I'm like winter break is pretty cool, bro.

Napoli will lose tonight and it will be all over, don't become such a Man Utd fan that you inherit their psuedo-pessimism :p

Lightning

Banned
I really hate this long fucking winter break. But then I see that half our team is injured and I'm like winter break is pretty cool, bro.
Too bad your season will be over by then and the only thing your squad will have to play for is world cup bench spots behind the superior Bayern players.

Not sure about Bravely Default after playing the demo. Gonna need a much better combat turtorial, never played a turn-based RPG with a risk/reward system like that, and don't know what I'm doing with the combat menu and queuing. Being put off by the Streetpass stuff as well. Being punished for not being surrounded by 3DS players, and not often taking the 3DS out of the house is silly.

Also, no English voice acting in VLR? Same true of 999?

Pretty sure there is no voice acting in 999. All text baby. Never really got streetpassing, how are you punished for not doing it?

Pretty sure there is no voice acting in 999. All text baby. Never really got streetpassing, how are you punished for not doing it?

Building the town which allows you to get items and things more easily takes ages since its populated by Streetpasses, and that population goes towards building shops and that

They recorded an English dub for VLR, but the European version only has the Japanese voices. Fuck that.

Seems Bravely Default does have voice acting, will probably still get it and watch some tutorial Let's Plays to get a handle on the gameplay systems

Clegg

Building the town which allows you to get items and things more easily takes ages since its populated by Streetpasses, and that population goes towards building shops and that

They recorded an English dub for VLR, but the European version only has the Japanese voices. Fuck that.

Seems Bravely Default does have voice acting, will probably still get it and watch some tutorial Let's Plays to get a handle on the gameplay systems
I think I read about internet events for gaining new villagers.

I want the game too, but you never see anyone in Dublin with a 3ds. Handheld gaming is still very much done whilst in transit or at home.

Sounds like the towns thing with street passes is a very optional mini game? Meh, I could deal with that. Gameplay seems pretty standard jrpg from the little I have watched of it.

I think I read about internet events for gaining new villagers.

I want the game too, but you never see anyone in Dublin with a 3ds. Handheld gaming is still very much done whilst in transit or at home.

I've literally never seen one in the wild, and the same goes for Vita. Maybe that's because I avoid going to town when its rife with annoying little school-age cunts, but still. At the point where I'm gonna deviate in the morning to walk past McDonalds to see how this Spotpass/Streetpass stuff works

Fuck Bayern, fuck Arsenal, fuck Hull, fuck Madrid, fuck Barca, fuck Inter, and fuck Lightning

Top Bottom