• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Zabojnik

So Pirlo got Sturridge'd. 6-8 weeks out. Conte will have to come up with something and I'm really curious to see what. Might be a good time to switch to 4-3-3.

Season over, congrats Roma.

The Walking Dead latest episode
Surely I can't be the only one who thought this episode was really fucking dumb

It was. All the characters on this show have serious mental problems. And the zombie apocalypse has got nothing to do with it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It still blows my mind that Ashley Young gets minutes ahead of Zaha. Surely he's going to go on loan in January?

Wilbur

Banned
It still blows my mind that Ashley Young gets minutes ahead of Zaha. Surely he's going to go on loan in January?

Lots of talk about Zaha being unable to settle, not dealing with the pressure of such a big club. It's not him I'm pissed isn't getting minutes, it's Young coming on over Januzaj and Nani that bugs me.

But yeah, he should get a PL loan this January. Palace could do with him back.

I'd fucking kill for a fully fit Fletcher back

I want Fabio back too. :(

Strange as I thought he was great in the Crystal Palace match and he hasn't featured since apart from the last 4 minutes of the Norwich game. He scored in that game too!

Lots of talk about Zaha being unable to settle, not dealing with the pressure of such a big club. It's not him I'm pissed isn't getting minutes, it's Young coming on over Januzaj and Nani that bugs me.

But yeah, he should get a PL loan this January. Palace could do with him back.

Yep.

What Wilbury means by "being unable to settle" is that there's talk of Zaha being unprofessional and that Palace let him get away with it because he was the star. That's where the rumor of there being no chance at a loan back to Palace stems from.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So Pirlo got Sturridge'd. 6-8 weeks out. Conte will have to come up with something and I'm really curious to see what. Might be a good time to switch to 4-3-3.

Season over, congrats Roma.

I'm not too fussed about it. Marchisio-Vidal-Pogba is more than adequate, and a bit more balanced.

A glimpse at life post-Pirlo should be interesting.

AND WE CAN ACTUALLY MAKE USE OF CORNERS NOW LOLOLOL
It was. All the characters on this show have serious mental problems. And the zombie apocalypse has got nothing to do with it.

/dead
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
(no pun intended)

'I got 99 problems and zombies ain't one'.

Wilbur

Banned
What specifically has Zaha been up to?

Looked a tad too flashy, but seems like what you'd need right now.

Wouldn't say he's what we need right now. If we want a tricky inconsistent winger we've got Nani.

CM is always where we get fucked. Always. And it reflects poorly on the defence who have far more to do, reflects poorly on Valencia and Rooney who have to come back and help, reflects poorly on Shinji who isn't that good at it and would be far better if he was backed up by a strong midfield, and reflects poorly on RVP who becomes isolated when everyone else has to help out our shit midfield.

Cleverley and Jones, Cleverley and Fellaini, Fellaini and Jones, Jones and Giggs... none of those combinations are good enough to last the distance and win the Premier League.

We should play some Battlefield tomorrow. Fucking stupid that there's no party system :/ :(

Definitely. Gonna try and have it set up by 9am and should be good to go at 3pm. Then 14 hours of gaming bliss, and back to bed at 5am :p

Did Amazon take away the capability to just post a game back to them through Royal Mail if you want to return it? Having to use the Collect+ service which costs a couple of quid, but I have to return the Amazon one since the Sainsbury's one came with China Rising for some reason (maybe both did, but the Sainsbury's one has it advertised on the box)

Salvadora

Honestly, I'd fucking love to have him. Our wingers are too safe and predictable, or aren't nearly ready yet. Sterling is gonna have to be a slow burner I think
It's why Gnabry was such a breathe of fresh air.

The Ox had it too, but it faded. That style of play can just gives the team another dimension in attack.
Wouldn't say he's what we need right now. If we want a tricky inconsistent winger we've got Nani.

CM is always where we get fucked. Always. And it reflects poorly on the defence who have far more to do, reflects poorly on Valencia and Rooney who have to come back and help, reflects poorly on Shinji who isn't that good at it and would be far better if he was backed up by a strong midfield, and reflects poorly on RVP who becomes isolated when everyone else has to help out our shit midfield.

Cleverley and Jones, Cleverley and Fellaini, Fellaini and Jones, Jones and Giggs... none of those combinations are good enough to last the distance and win the Premier League.
True, forget the CM position for a second there. Moyes seems to at least acknowledge that it's a problem unlike Ferguson. Fellaini might come good as the season progresses, the Everton match is as good a time as any to demonstrate it. And even if he doesn't, Rooney and van Persie are proper match winners.

Although to be fair, Zaha might have that 'desperate to impress' element that some of the older players lack.

Wilbur

Banned
He has 6 goals for Ivory Coast (3 in the ACON and 3 in WCQ) and 11 goals for City in 2013. Who else would you give it to?

Been good since August but was terrible last season. Aubameyang? Or Pitroipa's generally good when I've seen Rennes (five times max lol, but I'm not the only one saying he's been good), and was great at the ACON

L1NETT

Hitch why the donkey bollocks would you want that overrated flash muppet. You've got enough average wingers.

Zaha, championship. Scram. 'Arry will have you. Or Sir Steve Mcclaren with his england connections.

Hitch why the donkey bollocks would you want that overrated flash muppet. You've got enough average wingers.

Zaha, championship. Scram. 'Arry will have you. Or Sir Steve Mcclaren with his england connections.

I want somebody aside from the strikers who can show a bit of flair tbh. The Hull performance was us back to our incredibly predictable best, looked like defensing agasint us was an absolute piece of piss. Would like somebody capable of coming off the bench and making something out of nothing, overly flashy and inconsistent or not.

@FF, not jumping on this merry-go-round yet again :p

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Whats up with Zaha, havent seen him on a teamsheet since the Charity Shield

Yaya is incredible. If he was a liverpooldian you would love him.

I can't stand laziness and lethargicity in footballers, even more so for centre midfielders. He'd infuriate me. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him, but I wouldn't be willing to overlook the deficiencies he showed last season because of his ability to go into beast mode at the drop of a hat. He should be in beast mode almost all of the time.

Back on the merry-go-round, couldn't help myself

L1NETT

I want somebody aside from the strikers who can show a bit of flair tbh. The Hull performance was us back to our incredibly predictable best, looked like defensing agasint us was an absolute piece of piss. Would like somebody capable of coming off the bench and making something out of nothing, overly flashy and inconsistent or not.

Don't stick for last season's 5th best winger in the championship then.

Ince it up baby.

FootballFan

I can't stand laziness and lethargicity in footballers, even more so for centre midfielders. He'd infuriate me. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him, but I wouldn't be willing to overlook the deficiencies he showed last season because of his ability to go into beast mode at the drop of a hat. He should be in beast mode almost all of the time.

Back on the merry-go-round, couldn't help myself

I blame Mancini.

Rad-

United u21 vs Blackburn

Johnstone, Varela, James, Rothwell, Ekangamene, Thorpe, Janko, Fletcher, Wilson, Fabio, Zaha.

Man Utd subs: Pearson, Gollini (GK), Pereira, Love, Rudge, Barmby.

We have some weird name players.

Edit: Damn, Janko is a beast.

Top Bottom