• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

You're already dead JuveGAF. Dead.

iA8mWDzr1GPcX.png

Apparently PSG used a bunch of 18 y/o players. The GK was an U18 kid.

My NBA is done and I know a lot of you have it so we should play some of the online modes. I know there is a mode with more than just 2 players online!

Is Flower out on PS4 yet?

Get that if its out.

Can't do shit with the ps4 while my internets down :(

Played a few minutes of MotN and an hour or so of Tomb Raider, both seem pretty good. Struggling to adapt to button prompts with the 360 controller though. Whoever decided that x should be blue deserves a good battering

Bumhead

Banned
Jones sacked. Wednesday beat the league leaders.

Not been back long.

We were absolutely quality. First half we played some great stuff and I've not seen a Wednesday side work as hard as that since Megson's side. Second half we had to dig in a bit when Leicester inevitably came at us and it was like the Alamo at the end, classic 'keeper coming up for corners stuff, but we deserved the points.

Wickham was a cut above anyone else on the pitch. Can tell he's not our player, hah.

Good platform for Warnock to build on *cough*

Clegg

Anyone see Ian Herbert's piece on United and the Glazer's?

Numbers Show United's Landscape is Changing Under the Glazer's Ownership. Time for a Truce?

club's owners have bled the club of £600m, give or take a few million, in interest repayments, lawyers' fees and refinancing costs – the sum total of which has seen United disappear into the rear-view mirrors of Bayern Munich and Barcelona since they were crowned Champions League winners in Moscow five years ago.

But the numbers coming out of United are telling us that the landscape is changing. The club's recent first quarter results confirmed the sense that the debt repayments are now manageable, with financial analyst Andy Green's typically shrewd reading of the figures charting the reduction in the annual cost of paying for the debt from £72m three years ago, to around £20m now.

United will seek to buy one of the world's top players next summer – a move which is based on the fact that winning the Premier League means far more than finishing third, when it comes to commercial deals, as well as broader merchandise and marketing spin-offs.

The evidence grows that United have moved from a position of survival to one of expansion. United will seek to buy one of the world's top players next summer – a move which is based on the fact that winning the Premier League means far more than finishing third, when it comes to commercial deals, as well as broader merchandise and marketing spin-offs.

The club is also awakening to the value of engaging with supporters. This is not an altruistic exercise, it should be said. United's new chief executive, Ed Woodward, looks longingly at the Bundesliga match-day model, in which fans who love the club as well as the team flock to the stadium, buy far much more than their match ticket and generate an atmosphere he would die for.

TeegsD

Adidias just revealed the Brazil WC match ball:

xKtA3O0.jpg

Looks dope as fuck, too bad I still can't get myself to ever spend $150 on these things.

What the hell happened to the bonus points in FPL? Shit is crazy this season, they gave fucking 7 of 11 Palace players 2 (one of them 3) bonus points. That's ridiculous.

TeegsD

Totally missed the thread from October -.-

The way they worded it on FB, it was as if it was the first reveal. Alas, I wonder if the ball boys will complain that it's too slippery for them to pick up.

Totally missed the thread from October -.-

The way they worded it on FB, it was as if it was the first reveal. Alas, I wonder if the ball boys will complain that it's too slippery for them to pick up.

No, it was the first reveal of the official ball. The thread from October's ball is slightly different. The one you showed is the official one and is definitely brighter.

BalRdWECQAA7UxT.jpg

for some reason i'm rather surprised by wilbury's low pitched voice.

That was Wilbury? I figured it was Free Wheelin. At first I thought none of them would have a low pitched voice, but then once I realized one of them had it, I for sure thought Free Wheelin would have the lower pitched voice. It just seemed to fit him.

My sense of reality is ruined.

Top Bottom