• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

It's time for the powerhouse

9bcQqnS.jpg

jtb

Banned
on one hand, I'm glad Wenger's resting players

but really, there's no excuse for Bendtner to start over Theo. and Ozil's playing yet again, so it's not like we're really resting all that many players. Just Giroud.

Baki

It's time for the powerhouse

Bentdner before Vermelean. lol.

Atleast Monreal is getting game time.

but really, there's no excuse for Bendtner to start over Theo. and Ozil's playing yet again, so it's not like we're really resting all that many players. Just Giroud.

Should've moved Carzola on the middle and put Rosicky on the wing. Theo as striker.

Salvadora

Gibbs too.

But I feel that confidence in Monreal enables him to do that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra, Valencia, Fellaini, Giggs, Welbeck,Kagawa, Rooney via MUTV

Ya know the tragedy about Wellbeck is if he could shoot hed be fucking class, he has power, pace, but he has a shit first touch and no goal sense.

Tragedy it is

Clegg

Ya know the tragedy about Wellbeck is if he could shoot hed be fucking class, he has power, pace, but he has a shit first touch and no goal sense.

Tragedy it is
I like Welbeck, I really do.

He has all the physical attributes to be a good footballer. His first touch isnt bad either. But I just can't see where he'll fit into the team. He doesn't make enough impact out wide or in the hole, and as a striker he's wasteful. He was very poor against Spurs last Sunday.

Feorax

Has Sakho got a knock?

Or does Brendan just doesn't think he's ready yet?

I can only assume he feels he needs to play Agger at the moment, and by default therefore can't play Sakho.

Fucking baffling though. They might both be left sided, but they're probably our best two centre halves, and they compliment each other perfectly.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I like Welbeck, I really do.

He has all the physical attributes to be a good footballer. His first touch isnt bad either. But I just can't see where he'll fit into the team. He doesn't make enough impact out wide or in the hole, and as a striker he's wasteful. He was very poor against Spurs last Sunday.

This is a huge year for him, Hernandez wont stay, even when he plays now it feels like he is giving 50%, he is an impact player who doesnt like being an impact player, which I can fully respect. Cant rely on a 32 year old RVP to carry us alone up there and we cant sacrifice Rooney as a sole striker and remove his creative elements dropping deep. If Wellbeck cant cut it we need a striker.

kharma45

This is a huge year for him, Hernandez wont stay, even when he plays now it feels like he is giving 50%, he is an impact player who doesnt like being an impact player, which I can fully respect. Cant rely on a 32 year old RVP to carry us alone up there and we cant sacrifice Rooney as a sole striker and remove his creative elements dropping deep. If Wellbeck cant cut it we need a striker.

If Hernandez leaves we can bring in Henriquez.

LTWheels

I'm struggling to see why we spent our transfer budget on Sakho, Aberto and Aspas for them to just sit on the bench.

I can only assume he feels he needs to play Agger at the moment, and by default therefore can't play Sakho.

Fucking baffling though. They might both be left sided, but they're probably our best two centre halves, and they compliment each other perfectly.

The problem is that both of them only really have experience playing on the left side. Part the of the reason why Sakho found himself 3rd/4th choice CB at PSG is that they brought Alex who is a left-sided centre back. They tried to play Sakho as the right sided centreback along side Alex but it didn't work out very well. So Sakho went from first choice to not starting. It's not something for centrebacks to easily adjust to if they have not played that position their entire career.

I don't trust Agger to play right sided. Skrtel is our only centreback that has shown that he can play both sides, as he has played left along side Carragher.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
WTF Dembele isn't even in our squad tonight.

Please don't be a bad injury.

Salvadora

Walcott, Akpom, Afobe, Park all of these players should be ahead of Bendtner in the pecking order.
Well the good news is Podolski is a week away from being in contention for a place, so the horrors of having Bendtner in the squad will drift into memory.

Yeah, I think we have priorities elsewhere. I mean, we're actually starting Giggs and Fellaini in midfield today.

Walshy

I'm struggling to see why we spent our transfer budget on Sakho, Aberto and Aspas for them to just sit on the bench.
Aspas was never gonna be first choice.

Alberto is more a prospect, will likely feature as a sub this season.

Sahko. Well i think the idea was he was Skrtels replacement but Sahko has found it hard to get in the side with Skrtels form.

Mr Cola

Yeah, I think we have priorities elsewhere. I mean, we're actually starting Giggs and Fellaini in midfield today.

Ironic that class of 92 film comes when our youth prospects look so dire, got all my faith in Adnan though, if he develops right then my god :|

My

GOD

Labadal

Sakho on the left, Flanno on the right.

Top Bottom