• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
As ridiculous as this sounds, I think we're genuinely in trouble. Either Moyes can't motivate the players or they just aren't good enough. It's probably a bit of both actually.

You can say that it's still early in the season and there's time to turn it around, but current form most be taken into account. In don't think it can be expected for this group of players to turn it around. Massive investment is needed if we keep up like this. But what players will want to join a team that very well might miss out on Champions League football.

Tbh this all comes down to underinvestment over the last 4 seasons.

Top 4 is the aim now, thats a mountain in itself, doable, but a stiff run of form is needed, the quicker the better. We all balked at Wenger but he always got Champions league football, at team at the top CANNOT afford the lure power and the money it brings, its suicide, its a slope that makes the next season that much harder.

Ha, United out of the top 4, what a joke this season has become.

Fintan

Great night of football, but feeling pretty gutted at the moment. Had a 2 euro bet on the matches tonight. Was a Southampton goal away from winning 2,000 euro.

Wilbur

Banned
United sacking Moyes within the first 12 months would harm the club's reputation and could destabilise it. Manager may not be great, but lets be honest, the squad needs severe changes throughout.

It does, and I'm not advocating sacking Moyes right now but something needs to fucking change. How have we gone from first to this? 22 points after 14 games is just not fucking good enough. It's just diabolically bad. Two home defeats already.

You know what's great?

We just lost 3-0 to a really shit team who didn't even have any strikers yet....

I FEEL LIKE I'M ON TOP OF THE WORLD seeing Man Utd lose to Everton.

Fucking beautiful. I love football.

You're a fucking idiot

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
To cheer some of you guys up, remember Inter's supporter Filippo?

XzvO4vJ.jpg

this boy is fortunate his name isn't Filippo

At this point I think Wooden might be the only one that still rates Pastore.

I *never* rated him. A 6 months wonder.

sohois

Moyes poor performance thus far is seeing Martinez being heavily overrated. Yes he plays nice football but there is one reason, one key variable which is seeing Everton doing better this season than last.

Romelu Lukaku, a gift of a £30million striker for no fucking reason. Take away his goals and Everton are mid table with United.

Arnie

Been making the Hodgson comparison since before David Moyes was jokes.

You're sinking, United. We all said it would happen. Welcome to life without a messiah on the touchline.

Got it wrong tonight but it's cool after such a good run, next game is easier than Swansea away anyway.

The United meltdowns, I can feel the fear. Mr Cola contemplating a Kyoufu-esque sabbatical from football.

Glorious. The beautiful game.

GorillaJu

United needs to pick up some of the lower table teams' players. They're genuine talents and they'll play well for United.

Then snag a new target man.

Then you'll need some classic English wingers to whip in the ball for him, maybe grab Jarvis or Downing.

You can have all this for about 100m. Deal of the century.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Moyes poor performance thus far is seeing Martinez being heavily overrated. Yes he plays nice football but there is one reason, one key variable which is seeing Everton doing better this season than last.

Romelu Lukaku, a gift of a £30million striker for no fucking reason. Take away his goals and Everton are mid table with United.

Take away RVP and we are mid table behind Newcastle

K1LLER7

Spending money, acquiring players in a World Cup year is dicey as fuck. We paid 30m for Fellaini for fucks sake, we will be nickel and dimed all summer. Any team worth their salt will stall till after the world cup to trade, players worth £15m? Plays a few decent games in the WC now hes 30.

Alex said once you never want to do deals around a tournament, there are too many variables.
Well we have to spend or risk another season falling further behind the other clubs.

This team isn't good enough. We play boring ass football too. Hit it to the wing, hope Valencia and Co. can get a good cross in.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lewis

from the bottom of my heart

thank you

Glorious results elsewhere.

Scum

Farid-chan, you're not the Everton loving Partner at my work place, are you? He was ranting about the same things you ever said about Moyes. He never said a good thing about him at all. Always complained that Everton will be destined for better the moment he goes.

I cannot stomach another Fellani start. A volleyball with a wig stuck on it would be a more creative midfielder than him. Nothing but shit backward passes and pussy defending. He has literally contributed one thing to this team this season and that was standing up for Januzaj getting stepped on.

Please, Everton, the dump, recylcing center, crisis hotline, anyone, please take Moyes and this silly haired twat back. I don't want them.

Clegg

Having said all that, I think Moyes was let down in the summer. He should have gotten the players he wanted but some negotiation saw the end to that.

He said that we may not send big this January, but we may well need to now.

Top Bottom