• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Man Utd should keep Moyes

a) because it would be silly to get rid of him this early and
b) because there's nobody on the market

if Klopp was to say in no uncertain terms that he'd be willing to move to Man Utd, get rid by all means :p

K1LLER7

Yeah have to pitch in with Viva here, I don't want him gone.

But something has to fucking change, and he has to instigate that as much as anyone else.

He needs to change things or at least show a positive change like Rodgers/Martinez have. Now I doubt we'll change the way we play and he doesn't have the right players to change our style.

Hopefully the club and Glazers back him in January.

Some of the players need a kick-up too. they just don't seem interested anymore.

faridmon

iZJRePBCoVIh9.gif

idflmK3zh2cNC.gif

iE4f67Tyv0mUZ.gif

i6HrH6o7VvQte.gif

Cheers

<3 Wooden

Wilbur

Banned
"I'm very disappointed. We needed a bit of good fortune and we didn't get it. Everton kept at it and showed us what a good team they are.

"We didn't defend the goal well enough so it was our own doing. We had some chances as well, as did Everton. They have been playing well and that's why they are up near the top of the league.

"It wasn't about me tonight, I was fortunate to manage Everton and I'm fortunate to be managing Manchester United. It's a big catch up for us now."

He's just praising Everton LMAO

this is a fucking wind up haha

Suen

Moyes United losing and Aston Villa winning is great. If only Southampton hadn't fucked up and the result would have been better for us Arse-GAF. Moyes United being a midtable shit club again, not surprised. Would love to see Moyes there for many years to come, he's a genius.

I think he tried to change too much too fast. Got rid of too many of our backroom staff at the same time. There's nothing wrong with bring in your own men, but it should have been done more gradually.

He needs full financial backing over the next two transfer windows if hewants to get things right.
I still back his choice to bring his own men.

We could have easily been in this position with Rene and co. They'd just turn on him.

Moyes needs to get more from the team. He needs to act with more conviction and his team need to reflect that confidence. As has been said, were playing like we don't believe in ourselves.

This is a tough job for Moyes now of course. Players will be blaming him and not themselves. He needs to rally and get people onside and get them in the team.

GHG

Gold Member
The comparison offends me.

How could you forget the days when we had Diaby on the left wing, Eboue on the right wing, denilson in the middle, Baptista up front, Van Persie on the treatment table... Oh the horror!

Times were bad man. Times were bad. Fabregas must have hated every minute in those teams.

noal

Banned
I'm playing FM 2009 to show Moyes how it's done. I lived through the Ron Atkinson years...

...But that was a long time ago.

Scum

Fuck all you cunts with Suarez as you FF captain!

Not telling Tehehe...

But honestly, anyone who isn't stuck up in his arse (Like some Man U fans here) could have seen his tactical impotence and cowardice tactics. I have said it countless times again, He is an amazing Executive manager, but terrible coach. Cannot man manage, have a negative tactics and cannot take advantage of his team selection.On the plus side, he is quite clever in the transfer market, knows how to deal with trouble at club level and he is a respectable enough for players to respect him. He can motivate players as well (although I haven't seen him doing that yet at Man U) so he isn't all bad and there is a reason why he took so far during his years, but for all the god he brought to us (and believe me, I am thankful unlike many other Everton supporters) He had his bad side which was really frustrating and downright appalling.

I love you Moyes, but thank god you are gone.
He was never happy with him at all. He soooo fucking glad he's gone. Always has a smile to talk to him about football. :lol

I think he tried to change too much too fast. Got rid of too many of our backroom staff at the same time. There's nothing wrong with bring in your own men, but it should have been done more gradually.

He needs full financial backing over the next two transfer windows if hewants to get things right.

That's the thing that still baffles me. Why the fuck did he just dispense of a title-winning backroom staff to go with Phil Neville and a staff who had less experience of keeping things running in the midst of the pressure of a title challenge?

The only possible reason is a safety first, stick-to-what-you-know approach even if it is potentially damaging. Especially when you consider that Man Utd's staff were more important than any others' since Ferguson's had started giving them a lot of what would normally be considered managerial duties.

faridmon

That's the thing that still baffles me. Why the fuck did he just dispense of a title-winning backroom staff to go with Phil Neville and a staff who had less experience of keeping things running in the midst of the pressure of a title challenge?

The only possible reason is a safety first, stick-to-what-you-know approach even if it is potentially damaging. Especially when you consider that Man Utd's staff were more important than any others' since Ferguson's had started giving them a lot of what would normally be considered managerial duties.

There is a reason why we didn't want him at Everton. A defending minded player is already bad for us as it is.

If only we kicked out Alan Stubbs and Dennis Lawrence from the management team.

K1LLER7

I still back his choice to bring his own men.

We could have easily been in this position with Rene and co. They'd just turn on him.

Moyes needs to get more from the team. He needs to act with more conviction and his team need to reflect that confidence. As has been said, were playing like we don't believe in ourselves.

This is a tough job for Moyes now of course. Players will be blaming him and not themselves. He needs to rally and get people onside and get them in the team.
Similar to the situation AVB found himself in at Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
32 goals in 9 games tonight. If I wasn't so apoplectic watching Fellaini stumble around a football pitch like a fucking intoxicated plumber, I'd be talking about the majesty of the Premier League.

United needs to pick up some of the lower table teams' players. They're genuine talents and they'll play well for United.

Then snag a new target man.

Then you'll need some classic English wingers to whip in the ball for him, maybe grab Jarvis or Downing.

You can have all this for about 100m. Deal of the century.

You know what. I half-expect Woodward and co. to do this after failing to secure Reus or Vidal with 30m bids.

Clegg

Moyes shouldn't be sacked. United aren't a shit show like Chelsea or Madrid when it comes to managers. Not having a go at either club, but they do have ridiculous policies when it comes to managers.

United's success has been built on stability. Yes, we had a brilliant manager, but even he got things wrong at the beginning. I'm not saying we should accept 4 years without a trophy like it was at the start of the Fergie era. We've a much bigger club with much higher aspirations. Moyes needs the time and backing to build his own team. That means at minimum two seasons and a lot of money spent in between.

It's gonna be tough to build that quality side if we don't qualify for the CL though. I just hope he doesn't retreat into his shell and stop playing our younger players because he feels the need to pick experienced lads.

L1NETT

Why is everyone slurping Martinez? He was admittedly decent at Wigan, but did get them relegated with some very iffy transfer business.

He's had 5 good minutes at Everton, doesn't make him Bill Shankly. Power of hindsight eh.

Arnie

Similar to the situation AVB found himself in at Chelsea.

AVB was stubborn as fuck regarding the style of football he wanted to play; dogmatic almost.

Moyes has no style whatsoever. He's a corpse with a teamsheet and Phillip Neville.

Wilbur

Banned
This shit pisses me off as well. Danny Mills - "If you take Wayne Rooney out of the team, where is the inspiration?"

The amount of fucking pundits and media members - and fans actually - that have ignored every bad Rooney performance this season is astonishing me.

I've always wondered if SAF actually wanted Roberto Martinez to take over the club.

If he had wanted it, it would have happened :lol

Don't ask silly questions Suen.

Zabojnik

32 goals in 9 games tonight. If I wasn't so apoplectic watching Fellaini stumble around a football pitch like a fucking intoxicated plumber, I'd be talking about the majesty of the Premier League.

Lazio-level defending, innit.

Greatest league in the world, no doubt.

Salvadora

How could you forget the days when we had Diaby on the left wing, Eboue on the right wing, denilson in the middle, Baptista up front, Van Persie on the treatment table... Oh the horror!

Times were bad man. Times were bad. Fabregas must have hated every minute in those teams.
I think United will drop out of the top four (unlike us), but yeah, dark days indeed.

The injuries, the struggle. Just absolutely soul destroying watching some of those players in Arsenal shirts.

faridmon

Why is everyone slurping Martinez? He was admittedly decent at Wigan, but did get them relegated with some very iffy transfer business.

He's had 5 good minutes at Everton, doesn't make him Bill Shankly. Power of hindsight eh.

This is true. I am keeping my expectation at check, but You are crazy if I am not going mad over a win at Old Trafford. We haven't won there for 21 years, and Martinez have done it in his first attempt.

Clegg

Was Rafael tired when he came off or something? That's the sub which really baffles me. He's so much better than anyone else we have at RB.

Title race is blatantly between Arsenal, City and Chelsea. I'd be absolutely delighted to finish fourth, if we can come of the next 5 games with 8 points I wouldn't be devestated

@farid, is this how it works? I congratulate you and you blank me, like I'm a piece of shit on your shoe? Do one :p

Suen

Moyes shouldn't be sacked. United aren't a shit show like Chelsea or Madrid when it comes to managers. Not having a go at either club, but they do have ridiculous policies when it comes to managers.

United's success has been built on stability. Yes, we had a brilliant manager, but even he got things wrong at the beginning. I'm not saying we should accept 4 years without a trophy like it was at the start of the Fergie era. We've a much bigger club with much higher aspirations. Moyes needs the time and backing to build his own team. That means at minimum two seasons and a lot of money spent in between.

It's gonna be tough to build that quality side if we don't qualify for the CL though. I just hope he doesn't retreat into his shell and stop playing our younger players because he feels the need to pick experienced lads.
Sacking Moyes now would be the most stupid thing to do regardless of results unless he gets you relegated. Sacking him now would simply mean that you're going straight down the Madrid/Chelsea path and then stability is the last thing you get. Who knows you might even reach Palermo levels then, either way sacking him now will just increase the chance that you'll keep sacking managers as soon as they lose x amount of games. It's one of the most disgusting things about Madrid and Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned

Sohois is giving him far too little credit though. Everton have been playing some fantastic stuff all season, and it isn't just down to signing Lukaku - who had to be convinced to come to Everton despite having an offer from a WBA side he'd just spent a very profitable year at.

L1NETT

This shit pisses me off as well. Danny Mills - "If you take Wayne Rooney out of the team, where is the inspiration?"

The amount of fucking pundits and media members - and fans actually - that have ignored every bad Rooney performance this season is astonishing me.

It's Danny Mills. Hardly the beacon of intellectual thought. Don't waste your anger wilbz <3

And tbf in a season of haggis smelling shite Wayne's little baldy head has been one occasionally one of the few bits of sweetcorn in the United poo.

Sohois is giving him far too little credit though. Everton have been playing some fantastic stuff all season, and it isn't just down to signing Lukaku - who had to be convinced to come to Everton despite having an offer from a WBA side he'd just spent a very profitable year at.

Oh he's a decent enough manager don't get me wrong and Everton have been good so far but the chaps saying he should have been Man U manager are off their trolley.

Prob because of the work he did at Swansea.

operon

92 points so far nice night.
Has moyes been found out. Media were going on about Martínez and wigan being relegated what was he doing in charge of Everton, well we got the answer doing what Moyes couldn't. Moyes is too defensive for a club like united. I am fast getting pissed of with Mourinho, bad enough to keep saying that penalty was a penalty but to say tonight was their best away performance when you let in 3 goals from Sunderland wtf??

Scum

How long is Carrick out for?

K1LLER7

AVB was stubborn as fuck regarding the style of football he wanted to play; dogmatic almost.

Moyes has no style whatsoever. He's a corpse with a teamsheet and Phillip Neville.

He's tried to keep it as close as possible to how he set his team up at Everton. Not much different to how Fergie did tbh.

He's tried 4-3-3 a couple of times. Would like to see us try it again.

If it means Rooney left wing, so be it.

Top Bottom