• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
In depth analysis:

De Gea - gud 1 dave
Rafael - gud 1 dave
Evans - gud 1 dave
Vidic - gud 1 dave
Evra - i understand
Nani - gud 1 dave
Jones - i understand
Cleverley - help me understand
Januzaj - gr8 1 dave
Hernandez - gud 1 dave
van Persie - save our bacon

rvy

Banned
In depth analysis:

De Gea - gud 1 dave
Rafael - gud 1 dave
Evans - gud 1 dave
Vidic - gud 1 dave
Evra - i understand
Nani - gud 1 dave
Jones - i understand
Januzaj - gr8 1 dave
Hernandez - gud 1 dave

Please.Yes.

Arnie

Can't see Downing being up for anything other than a game of Kerplunk post-game with Henderson
That'll be the antithesis of emotional.
m srry they all look the same 2 me lul

twas teh joke
Baconesque

My bet for today:

Chelsea
West Brom
Athletico
Real & Barca (they go on the same line because they are the same thing, essentially)
Bayern
Rafa

Fergie

Banned
Great lineup, bar Clev but he tried last match so only for him to keep going.

Based Moyes.

I'll be missing the match due to a prior arrangement. :(

Blablurn

fady posted that on twitter. terry signing his first contract at the bridge

Ba4JT23CYAAkVkO.jpg:large

oh fuck, his mum looks like him today

In depth analysis:

De Gea - gud 1 dave
Rafael - gud 1 dave
Evans - gud 1 dave
Vidic - gud 1 dave
Evra - i understand
Nani - gud 1 dave
Jones - i understand
Januzaj - gr8 1 dave
Hernandez - gud 1 dave

He saw his goal last year. This is the match Cleverly shines in, finally.

We're fucked

bud

hope rvp isn't being rushed back because rooney is suspended and welbeck is terrible

yeah, i'm pretty sure he said rvp needed more time. he didn't make it sound like he only needed another week. moyes will effectively ruin the netherlands' world cup campaign at this rate.

LTWheels

Finished Link Between Worlds this morning. Good game, but not this amazing 10/10 game that everyone has been dancing and waving about. Think a lot of people have been blinded by nostalgia.

I don't think a lot of the new ideas worked that well.

The renting of items is a pointless mechanic.
  • The game feels like it was not designed with this in mind and that it was thrown in at the last minute. The dungeons are still designed with one (or two) items to complete the dungeon. It's still the case of 'this is the hookshot dungeon, this is the bomb dungeon, this is the bow&arrow dungeon etc. The design of the puzzle don't take advantage of you having all the items available, and there is nothing like multiple solutions to the same problem. You have to use the designated item for that dungeon. Because of this they might as well just have the item in a chest in the dungeon as nothing has changed.
  • The game is not hard enough to make the renting mechanic work. I only died 4 times. My deaths occurred at bosses during the beginning of the game when I only had a handful of hearts. As you can complete the dungeons in any order, it means that the difficulty in all the dungeons is the same. There is no ramp up of difficulty as you progress through the game. In fact it gets easier. This is because you can upgrade you sword to do more damage and your tunic so you take less damage. However these upgrades are not hidden away in side-quests or areas of the map for you to explore. Instead they are found in chests within the dungeons. This means that there is this power creep as you get much more powerful in the natural course of the game, and as you can complete the dungeons in any order, the later parts of your game are not more difficult to compensate for your increased power. You just power through one-shotting everything.
The merging with walls mechanic is not that well utilised.
  • At first the ability to merge with walls and walk on them seems really interesting and cool. I like it for exploration of the world map to find secret areas, but it is poorly implemented as a puzzle mechanic inside dungeons. The idea is very rarely used for something creative. 9/10 times it just used to reach a platform on a wall, which you can not walk to.

Salvadora

You're confirming many of the fears I had about the game, LTWheels.

It would be interesting to see how the scores correlated with the nostalgia of the reviewer.

faridmon

I really believe that Man United will dispatch of Newcastle rather easily. From what I gather, Man United are always best when they are back up towards the wall. I expect 3 - 1 win with Van Persie scoring 2 goals and the media and the fans backing Moyes to be the next best thing since sliced bread.

I am never wrong.

Sorry Kyofu, Willkiller and Carbonix...

LTWheels

You're confirming many of the fears I had about the game, LTWheels.

It would be interesting to see how the scores correlated with the nostalgia of the reviewer.

I have no nostalgia to the original as I never owned a SNES.

Sega child.

Despite what I said, it's still a good game and worth playing if you already own a 3ds. Just not amazing.

Tc91

That lineup looks good, I'm like everyone else and don't like the look of Cleverley but we have enough fire power to see off the toon.

If Nani doesn't arse around, Adnan doesn't slip every 2 seconds, Hernandez isn't offside we will win.

3-1, RVP Evra Hernandez, Remy.

Arnie

Cleverley isn't bad.

He's just not good enough to match the standards expected at United.

Or any club in the top four.

There was a copious helping of sarcasm lining all of those posts

i hope

Recently certainly. But there was lots of posts through the last few years on here that claimed Cleverley to be the next big thing, hell you were glad there wasn't bought a new midfielder because of how promising he was. Yes I just searched for old Cleverley posts.

Salvadora

Recently certainly. But there was lots of posts through the last few years on here that claimed Cleverley to be the next big thing, hell you were glad there wasn't bought a new midfielder because of how promising he was. Yes I just searched for old Cleverley posts.
I knew I wasn't imagining things.

Wilbur

Banned

please understand:

I think people took us seriously because of serious posts like this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45718841&postcount=2554

But yeah, he did look promising to be honest. I was there #2k12 for the Community Shield; came on at 2-0 down v City and completely changed the game, it was a fantastic performance. He had his moments in that season, and he's clearly got ability but... he's become such a safe, boring player.

Top Bottom