• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Throwing guitar at drummers is small band stuff.

Real bands breath fire on them

MDpkPxF.jpg

The closest thing to fire in a Muse concert is coming out of the stage

stagefire/10

Suen

From Pulga to Suen
We should have left Isco on because he was creating chances. We should have tried to bury the game with the time we had left with him there. Why? Because:

1. We don't need to care about CL.
2. We're playing Osasuna next which should be a guaranteed win.

In other words our next two games are easy, we could have afforded to have a stronger line up. Because we didn't do it and because Ancelotti took out the only player threatening Xativa this means that we have to make sure we win against them on 18th December and guess what? We're playing away against Valencia four days later and they aren't Osasuna! If we had buried this game now we could have rested most of them in the second leg.

Fucking plug.

Linius

WiXTT1U.png

1-0 Davy Klaassen (assist: Lasse Schöne)

ibwz6Hr1Vw8Jg9.gif

2-0 Davy Klaasen (assist: Viktor Fischer)

iqptUfdAXp1K0.gif

3-0 Davy Klaassen (assist: Niklas Moisander)

ibbCBT3yJdN4XZ.gif

4-0 Bojan Krkic (assist: Ricardo van Rhijn)

ihugeLUnlSHGc.gif

Bonus: some excellent skill by Bojan

i5n1UeDqf3kfy.gif

Too bad I don't have footage that shows it from a better angle, it was in the live game but not in the recap sadly. They also skipped a piece of skill by Serero :(

Anyways, great victory. Let's go to Italy with our heads up high.

Lightning

Banned
The only Dutch league result that matters is FC Twente won! Yes!

Good luck to Ajax, Linius . I really hope Ajax can do it, would be huge.

Wilbur

Banned
And yeah Bla, Kagawa was unwell! Think he would have started today to be honest, RVP wasn't really suited to playing deeper and having to help out the midfield.

Elchele

dat Anderson influence

Thought Hannover would be doing better. Such a fun side to watch but can't defend lol

Gladbach doing well again though, nice stuff!

I really like Hannover 96, but they lost too many players lately and didn't sign new players. :-( hope they can get better for next season

Gladbach are great. Finally managed to figure out how to play good football again, without Reus.

kharma45

K1LLER7

Sky showing Moyes's record breaking stats.

Jamie Redknapp thinks we need new blood. But can't get them in Jan because big players won't move then.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Sky showing Moyes's record breaking stats.

Jamie Redknapp thinks we need new blood. But can't get them in Jan because big players won't move then.

Feasibly is there anyone other than Herrara? The bonus with him is he isnt tied in the champs league.

Wilbur

Banned
Feasibly is there anyone other than Herrara? The bonus with him is he is tied in the champs league.

Mm, lots that I want is either in the champions league or will be playing for a champions league side and won't want to come to a club that might not make it.

But it's silly we feel like we have to target huge players. We should have gone for McCarthy. No idea why we won't go for Schneiderlin.

I'd be really happy with 40-45m on him and Cabaye. They're not world class but then I don't think many are right now, and certainly not many available.

K1LLER7

Feasibly is there anyone other than Herrara? The bonus with him is he is tied in the champs league.
We aren't getting him. No chance we pay 36m.

Cabaye is an option.
We could try for a schneiderlin (Southampton)
Carvalho (?) From sporting.

There's a few out there. Maybe not world class but definitely better than Cleverley and co.

Wilbur

Banned
What's a bargain bin then m8? Culturally educate me

Bargain bin is something you'll find in a shop or supermarket with all the cheap shit in

A bargain bucket is usually 8 or 12 pieces of chicken, 4 fries, 4 sides and 4 drinks for 12.99 or 15.99

Nandos do a full platter which is a whole chicken and four sides for 19.85

Please make me stop

faridmon

German TV creaming themselves over Leverkusen and how good they were today, best Leverkusen match of the season, etc.

Football is dead, Leverkusen was wank

Leverkusen is always wank. Don't know why the media love them so much. Bottle it whenever they have to and lose to Man U in that fashion ehen they aren't all that.

I

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mm, lots that I want is either in the champions league or will be playing for a champions league side and won't want to come to a club that might not make it.

But it's silly we feel like we have to target huge players. We should have gone for McCarthy. No idea why we won't go for Schneiderlin.

I'd be really happy with 40-45m on him and Cabaye. They're not world class but then I don't think many are right now, and certainly not many available.

Well my bbig worry is we buy medium in jan as a bandaid and fuck ourselves long term by capable but not fantastic players. If people accuse us of bandaiding with RVP what would they say if we spend 50m on midseason dignity cures.

But then if they get us in the champions league, well thats the priority.

Genuinely feel sorry for Moyes atm

noal

Banned
Bargain bin is something you'll find in a shop or supermarket with all the cheap shit in

A bargain bucket is usually 8 or 12 pieces of chicken, 4 fries, 4 sides and 4 drinks for 12.99 or 15.99

Please make me stop

I've never been to Nando's. There isn't one near me. Is it like KFC?

Please make me stop

Who sells bargain bucket? Do I want to eat a bargain bucket? Do you get anything if buy from Nandos in Dubai?

Wilbur

Banned
Well my bbig worry is we buy medium in jan as a bandaid and fuck ourselves long term by capable but not fantastic players. If people accuse us of bandaiding with RVP what would they say if we spend 50m on midseason dignity cures.

But then if they get us in the champions league, well thats the priority.

Genuinely feel sorry for Moyes atm

I think they're better than decent bandaid players to be honest. Cabaye especially, he plays in France's first team and I'm pretty sure he's played in the CL. Unfortunately all the better alternatives have probably played CL football this season :/ got ourselves into a real pickle this summer.

I've never been to Nando's. There isn't one near me. Is it like KFC?

Nah it's kind of... Well it's better than fast food but it's very popular with students for a reason. Unfussy chicken on a bone or burgers/pittas/wraps, some pretty nice sides, unlimited drinks all for relatively cheap. Worth going at least once, so many people seem to love it.

Top Bottom