• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

noal

Banned
Nah it's kind of... Well it's better than fast food but it's very popular with students for a reason. Unfussy chicken on a bone or burgers/pittas/wraps, some pretty nice sides, unlimited drinks all for relatively cheap. Worth going at least once, so many people seem to love it.

The nearest half decent chain to me is the Hungry Horse. Not too bad and family friendly but the service seems to have become worse in the last couple of years.

Zabojnik

I've never been to Nando's. There isn't one near me. Is it like KFC?

nandosasshole.png

The only Nando that matters.

K1LLER7

The worst thing for United is we're gonna get screwed in January moving for anyone as clubs will know we're desperate.

You're missing nothing.
Its a problem we shouldn't have gotten ourselves into tbh. We should be able to get Cabaye for ~20m if he was to move.

Hopefully Moyes doesn't think getting Carrick back will diminsh our need for a midfielder.

Really want us to try a 4-3-3 but don't think Moyes will have the balls to make the move.

Wilbur

Banned
We won't play 433. Viva hates it as well. Viva PLEASE

Although I'd like to see Carrick-someone-Kagawa as the 433/4231 but that cunt Rooney refuses to play out wide

Juve. Ten million and some Nandos half chicken cards for Vidal

Scum

Its a problem we shouldn't have gotten ourselves into tbh. We should be able to get Cabaye for ~20m if he was to move.

Hopefully Moyes doesn't think getting Carrick back will diminsh our need for a midfielder.

Really want us to try a 4-3-3 but don't think Moyes will have the balls to make the move.

Although I'd like to see Carrick-someone-Kagawa as the 433/4231 but that cunt Rooney refuses to play out wide

I can help you boys out, but you'll have to let go of your wingers first.

K1LLER7

I'm sure Viva would prefer 433 over 442. Vivs pls.

433 would help us solidify the midfield. Plus today, we played so many long balls from defence because the midfield wasn't good enough when under pressure from the opposition. Another player in there would have helped us move the ball forwards without having to launch it forwards from the defence.

Something needs to change but Moyes won't do it. He'll stick to what he and fergie have done before. Move it to the wings > hope for a good cross.

Wilbur

Banned
Shame that Wilf's debut was so agonisingly shit, but he was agonisingly shit too.

He was the only one in the last five minutes showing any effort and fight. Can't fault him for that.

If he ploughs Moyes Jr with the same endeavour I'm sure her vagina endlessly throbs.

noal

Banned
The Chelsea manager started giving me shit before the match so I said that we would thrash them...

JRTaEVd.png

...The manager?

Darren Ferguson. Cunt.

Mm, lots that I want is either in the champions league or will be playing for a champions league side and won't want to come to a club that might not make it.

But it's silly we feel like we have to target huge players. We should have gone for McCarthy. No idea why we won't go for Schneiderlin.

I'd be really happy with 40-45m on him and Cabaye. They're not world class but then I don't think many are right now, and certainly not many available.

Its strange how much of an influencejust 1 or 2 players can have. We only have 2 players this season who are playing particularly well, but those 2 combined with Rodgers making the right decisions 9 times out of 10 at the moment has us getting good results.

Wilbur

Banned
Its strange how much of an influencejust 1 or 2 players can have. We only have 2 players this season who are playing particularly well, but those 2 combined with Rodgers making the right decisions 9 times out of 10 at the moment has us getting good results.

It's about team cohesion as well. Is Jose Fonte a particularly fantastic centre back? No, but settled in alongside Lovren he's looking class. Are Phil Jagielka and Sylvain Distin champions league quality individually? No but together they work emphatically well.

You could argue that's why Chelsea have suffered this season, why Arsenal are thriving. We are playing different midfield pairings and centre back pairings every week. Carrick being out has forced our hand a tad, but there's no cohesion. At least with you guys if you make changes it's not wholesale. Skrtel will get his chance and stay in there a fair few games, Allen too.

Seems there's no way to use the Chat in PS4's Twitch streaming. Annoying since I don't like talking over it feels weird when you're not sure if anyone is even listening

Also I seem to be missing the Edit option for my videos :s

Wilbur

Banned
I am hyped for that movie, trailer looks bananas. Plus Leo is usually amazing.

Shame he isn't going to win the Oscar :( he's put in some real great performances over the last 10 years but it's Ejiofor's this year. Crowded best actor race as well; these two, McConaughey, Bale, Redford, Hanks, Joaquin Phoenix, Oscar Isaac, Bruce Dern, Michael B Jordan, Idris Elba. Shame only five can make it.

Arnie

What the hell, we've actually scored more at Anfield this week than United have scored at home all season.

Definitely DC'ing but I don't give a fuck.

Messi

Shame he isn't going to win the Oscar :( he's put in some real great performances over the last 10 years but it's Ejiofor's this year. Crowded best actor race as well; these two, McConaughey, Bale, Redford, Hanks, Joaquin Phoenix, Oscar Isaac, Bruce Dern, Michael B Jordan, Idris Elba. Shame only five can make it.

Idris looks like he has done a great job in Mandela based off the trailer. I heard Michael B Jordan was great in Fruityvale but im waiting for the blu ray, but he was amazing in FNL so I am not suprised. The trailer for Her is amazing and I really like Phoenix. I have really been enjoying McConaughey's movies in recent years. Lincoln lawyer really shocked me.

The VGX have been incredible. Geoff is super depressed and Joel McHale is almost making him cry by giving so little shits.

The look in Geoffs eyes, he is dead inside.

Meanwhile Joel McHale will get a good paycheck, for getting drunk and being a cunt on air.

Top Bottom