• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

PowderedToast

fulham playing very well today. if they can sustain this level past the initial honeymoon of a new manager, then they'll easily avoid relegation

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I feel that the honour really goes to Amauri.
He didn't know better back then. You could say Prandelli was still a bit ... acerbo. *yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

bud

yeah, i'm quite fond of jenkinson as well.

obviously, he makes some stupid mistakes, but i do reckon he'll improve quite a bit.

Wilbur

Banned
First half of that Newcastle game I was on manual and he was on assisted, 2-0 at half time. Switched and second half was more even.

He just beat me 3-1 with Dortmund v Roma, was so harsh. I hit the bar and scored a fucking stupid own goal. I played far better in that one :(

ShogunX

Riise and Karagounis rolling back the years in this match. JAR rampaging down the left is great to see and I hope he can finally get his first Fulham goal.

Villa are shit and Benteke seems to be doing his best Heskey impression.

Kassu

Banned
Jenkinson is our best player just because he is half Finnish.

Okay seriously though I think he's decent and I really hope he improves in future. Wenger should give him some of those Messi/Ramsey drugs.

Oh yeah. It's over.

Time to build bridges with the girl in the 10th floor and start a family, there's no hope for video games anymore.

Its in a bizarre bubble, and no matter what they do, its embarassing

If they try and make them look classy, it just comes across as self-important with a complete lack of self-awareness. Games just don't have the respect that films do, they haven't earned it, and they never will.

Then they play to the true nerd audience, and lock out the people like me who don't give a shit about programmers and the work that goes into making them, and tbh the people who they pluck out to discuss these things play to the uncomfortable twitching hermit angle 9 times out of 10

Then there;s the worst of the worst, the shite we see at the VGAs. The self-deprecting nerd-show. Where they laugh at the stereotype seemingly unaware that the more they do it, the worse they make us look.

All they have to do is write a fucking script that acknowledges the futility of the industry, and plays to the audience. As it is, its cringeworthy, embarassing, dismal, shite, whatever synonym you want for negative feelings towards something, its that. Plus its shrouded in hypocrisy (CoD lol, dudebros. FUCKING TITANFALL!) and will forever have the whiff of corporate back-rubbing. Give awards to the games that deserve them, stop the shitty sketches, stop trying to be funny, cut the show down to a half-hour pre-show and 90-minute award ceremony interspersed with reveals.

Job done.

And sort that fucking trophy out, its like an S&M Club Nintendo reward.

3Sixty

English players who featured Yesterday.

Saints:

Callum Chambers Academy
Luke Shaw Academy
Jack Cork £750k
James Ward Prowse Academy
Harrison Reed Academy
Adam Lallana Academy
Jay Rodriguez £7m
Rickie Lambert £1m

Man City:

James Milner £28m

Dat Academy.

Linius

Lol, Robbie Williams just showed up in a commercial for a Dutch radiostation together with some Dutch singers pretending they're celebrating Christmas and have been long time friends.

why.jpg

TrueBlue

English players who featured Yesterday.

Saints:

Callum Chambers Academy
Luke Shaw Academy
Jack Cork £750k
James Ward Prowse Academy
Harrison Reed Academy
Adam Lallana Academy
Jay Rodriguez £7m
Rickie Lambert £1m