• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Suen

No way we're winning against City. We'll probably struggle to get a draw against City if that's our level. Everton is a good side this season, props for keeping up and scoring a beautiful goal.

He's off on a free in summer. If Everton keep him, they've pulled off a worldie. He can still do a job, I've said it for a long time and I just get laughed at. Ahh well, keep laughing fuck faces.

Is it true that you're still paying some of Barry's wages, and, bizarrely, Adebayor's?

If so, what a bunch of mugs your finance people are :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wow I had no idea the FA Cup draw was today, I see we got Arsenal away. Looking forward to it, hopefully we play better this time.

What a week for us.

If you asked we would have taken 4 points away from home against 2 quality teams I would have called you crazy. Moyes would have lost those two games. Martinez/ take a bow.

Lol at bitter people who are saying we are gonna be awful when the loanee leaves. Well, maybe you haven't thought of us doing business in the summer have you? Morons.
Two quality sides?

Empty

martinez is doing so well also because moyes built a really strong back five, which is his main weakness before at wigan. it's like wenger inheriting adams, dixon, bould etc

he's a good manager and his loans have been superb and he's adjusted very fast , but i think credit should also go to kenwright for finding a great fit to their current strengths and weaknesses as much as martinez. the real test is how he deals with distin retiring, baines maybe leaving, jagielka getting on.

Wilbur

Banned
Bud's going to fucking kill himself when he sees the possession stats.

negative-man-6684_preview.png

Elchele

I'm just tired of that whole shit and I don't really understand it. The guys writing that stuff must either be Bayern fans who are desperate for a rival or just out of touch with reality.

We are not competing with Bayern, the teams we are competing with are Schlacke and Leverkusen, this season also Gladbach and Wolfsburg. We can't spend as much money as Bayern does, just look at the big fucking squad that Bayern has. And then people are like "You just spent 50m on new players, stop acting like you have no money" while completely ignoring the fact that 37m of those 50m are coming from Bayern and we actually spent very little money (when you consider the money we got for Perisic, Santana, Bittencourt, etc).

I feel like Dortmund didn't know what to do with all the money they got out of Gotze, so they used to buy an overpriced player. I do believe they could've done much better transfers with that money, but I guess they are not used to handle that kind of money.

Sokratis is better than Hummels and Subotic.

Plasma

Banned
Szczesny? seriously

He dropped down thinking he was going to hit it into the bottom corner, if he'd have stood his ground he probably would have saved it.

Still think it might be a bit harsh to blame him, Gibbs should have been out earlier trying to block it, he just sort of turns away from the shot. A shame really because apart from that I thought Gibbs was brilliant at times he was the only player getting forward and attacking the left flank.

Exactly.

Muppets on here think that first half display was acceptable.

You're right we were poor for the majority of the first half we couldn't keep possestion but at the same time that didn't happen by accident. Everton were closing us down, anytime we got the ball we were surrounded by two or three players.

I feel like Dortmund didn't know what to do with all the money they got out of Gotze, so they used to buy an overpriced player. I do believe they could've done much better transfers with that money, but I guess they are not used to handle that kind of money.

Before the season, Mickey Traitorson was a brilliant purchase. Has he been so bad as to deem him overpriced already?

Salvadora

Ramsey was back to his pre-Cruyff levels today, barely being able to pass the ball. Cazorla was just... ugh.

Flamini should've started.

faridmon

Gonna be hard to find someone of Lukaku's quality up front. You'll buy Barry but he'll be a year older then.

Ye, Lukaku is quality, but we will find another quality striker. Also, keep in mind that our midfield have worked hard as well to get him into position and provide him the ball.

Barry will be a year older? Guess how old is Distin?

I doesn't fucking matter, losing a bit of quality and a pace will not him a less of a player?

Feorax

hope those lost 3 points dont bite us back in the ass later on...

Can't think like that though. Unless you win every game, you could always suffer from a dropped point here or there.

The fact that we are 2nd at this point in the season is nothing short of a fantastic job given the limitations of our squad.

Ramsey was back to his pre-Cruyff levels today, barely being able to pass the ball. Cazorla was just... ugh.

Flamini should've started.

I don't think it would've made a difference. Barkley was always gonna be too strong for either of them. It was a game where we needed Ramsey to be abit more disciplined as he's got the physique to match him.

This was a must win game for Arsenal and we fucked up big time.

The truly great teams capitalise when everyone else around them is dropping points. We had a chance to go 7 points clear and it looked like we were feeling the pressure.

Wenger really fucked up by not starting Flamini. He is intense and presses hard which is what we were lacking in the first half.

In seasons past this type of result, conceding late in a muat win game, would have seen us completely collapse in the next few games.

This will really be a sign of how far this team has come if we can get two results from our next two league games. I just hope it is not gonna be another mental collapse.

Goodnight Gaf

Blablurn

They should improve the scouting squad.

Wilbur

Banned
Ye, Lukaku is quality, but we will find another quality striker. Also, keep in mind that our midfield have worked hard as well to get him into position and provide him the ball.

Barry will be a year older? Guess how old is Distin?

I doesn't fucking matter, losing a bit of quality and a pace will not him a less of a player?

Eh, I find it hard to believe you'll find someone as good as Lukaku. You'll find someone good though I'm sure, but Lukaku fits your team very well, your balance at the moment is great with him in.

You can be older at the back than in central midfield for the most part, it requires less physical work than midfield. Lampard's a very intelligent player but he doesn't have the energy for top level football matches anymore, same with Giggs for the most part.

rvy

Banned
lol fuck off

I can hardly google 'I haven't watched a lot of Bundesliga since August this year, has Mikhtaryan been a decent purchase so far for Borussia Dortmund'

Do one

"Did you mean: I haven't watched a lot of Bundesliga since August this year, has Mkhitaryan been a decent purchase so far for Borussia Dortmund"

Danchi

Come on Arsenal fans. Feels like defeat?

Feels like defeat only because we came so close and tasted what it was like to be seven points clear. No reasonable Arsenal fan believes they deserved to get anything out of that game.

Really hope Everton make the top four.

Top Bottom