• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Plasma

Banned
Not sure why some fans are going all doom and gloom, we're still five points ahead. If we can get even a point from the next two games we'll be top at Christmas and won't face another team in and around the top four until February.

If we can get a run going and bring in somebody in January to give us a lift we'll still have a good chance.

"Did you mean: I haven't watched a lot of Bundesliga since August this year, has Mkhitaryan been a decent purchase so far for Borussia Dortmund"

No

'The reasonable man looks at the world and asks how he can adapt to fit in with it. the unreasonable man looks at the world and asks how it can adapt to fit him. Therefore, the world is changed by unreasonable men'

George Bernard Shaw

off the top of my head

@farid, what if you'd won :p

jtb

Banned
Theo needs to be starting games from this point forward. He's one of the few players on this team with pace and everyone else in the squad is getting exhausted—we're not paying him 100k for him to be an impact sub.

rvy

Banned
No

'The reasonable man looks at the world and asks how he can adapt to fit in with it. the unreasonable man looks at the world and asks how it can adapt to fit him. Therefore, the world is changed by unreasonable men'

George Bernard Shaw

off the top of my head

I actually meant stop changing your avatar. But you had to be a cunt.

Walshy

John Cross @johncrossmirror
@johncrossmirror: It's like Everton have signed Messi on loan. What a player Delofeu looks.

Continues to provide the laughs even past his summer meltdown.

Salvadora

Not sure why some fans are going all doom and gloom, we're still five points ahead. If we can get even a point from the next two games we'll be top at Christmas and won't face another team in and around the top four until February.

If we can get a run going and bring in somebody in January to give us a lift we'll still have a good chance.

I'm ready to take the fight to the Pellegrini and Mourinho boys.

faridmon

Eh, I find it hard to believe you'll find someone as good as Lukaku. You'll find someone good though I'm sure, but Lukaku fits your team very well, your balance at the moment is great with him in.

You can be older at the back than in central midfield for the most part, it requires less physical work than midfield. Lampard's a very intelligent player but he doesn't have the energy for top level football matches anymore, same with Giggs for the most part.

Fair enough.

To be fair, I am not expecting us to be us as good as we have been so far, but If we sign a quality striker this summer, that will give us hope. I still believe that We got those players on loan last minute because we run out of time and couldn't sign any player on a permanent basis.

Hope we take our sweet time this summer and sign 2 quality players.

Kassu

Banned
Next week Chelsea are going to get outplayed by the god himself.

KQtXKTz.png

pls score

faridmon

Feels like defeat only because we came so close and tasted what it was like to be seven points clear. No reasonable Arsenal fan believes they deserved to get anything out of that game.

Really hope Everton make the top four.

Fair enough. But yeah, a win was needed today to shut up the nay sayers.

But I still think you will still win the league. Man City might be a difficult place, but I think you can beat Chelsea.

Totally deserved. Snarky comments are only warranted WHEN THEY'RE FUNNY

Yep.

You can tell exactly what they were thinking when they posted

'I know what would be funny, what if I named a real company I don't like with the implication that they're evil. Nobody will care if every other fucker has the same witless idea and it ruins the thread, I'm doing it!'

Kyoufu

Does he want 2 come

m8 Cabaye joined you when you finished 13th the year before last or something. Remy joined you when you'd finished 16th

lure of Manchester United. It's coming. We'll give all our signings number 7

Cabaye will only leave for a CL club. Good luck.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal's next 6 games:

Napoli V Arsenal
Man City V Arsenal
Arsenal V Chelsea
West Ham V Arsenal
Newcastle V Arsenal
Arsenal V Cardiff

And after that it's Tottenham in the cup. That's one hell of a schedule for the next month.

Lightning

Banned
Theo needs to be starting games from this point forward. He's one of the few players on this team with pace and everyone else in the squad is getting exhausted—we're not paying him 100k for him to be an impact sub.
I hope you're not going to be like everyone else in here and overreact over a draw?

dc89

Is it true that you're still paying some of Barry's wages, and, bizarrely, Adebayor's?

If so, what a bunch of mugs your finance people are :p

There's no way we are paying Adebayor's. We will be paying towards Barry's wage. But yeah, he's off on a free. Whoever gets him in summer, consider it a gift from Txiki.

wedward

He was sick last week. He will definitely start either the Napoli or City game. Both would be nice.

There's no way we are paying Adebayor's. We will be paying towards Barry's wage. But yeah, he's off on a free. Whoever gets him in summer, consider it a gift from Txiki.

Why not just let him go on a free last summer, rather than losing him for a season before he leaves and paying for it?

edit: oops

Lightning

Banned
I would have transform into Blaburn and acted like a cunt from here on

:p
You are now in a much better position.

Liverpool have Spurs, Cardiff, City and Chelsea as their next 4 games

Everton have Fulham, Swansea, Sunderland and Southampton. Liverpool's pathetic 2 point lead is not enough, you will have passed them by years end.

wedward

Ramsey should have a rest because we'll need him in superstar form for City.

We can sub Giroud out for Bendtner when qualification (as winners ) looks assured

For Napoli i'd like to see:

-------Giroud
Rosicky Ozil Theo
---flamini Jack
Nach Kos Per Jenks

City:

------Giroud
Santi Ozil Theo
Arteta Ramsey
Gibbs Kos Per Jenks

Wilbur

Banned

Everton have Fulham, Swansea, Sunderland and Southampton. Liverpool's pathetic 2 point lead is not enough, you will have passed them by years end.

LMAO this post is absolutely fantastic.

You have City, Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle. Everton will pass you if you're not fucking careful boo

Meanwhile we'll solidify 9th place

I feel like Dortmund didn't know what to do with all the money they got out of Gotze, so they used to buy an overpriced player. I do believe they could've done much better transfers with that money, but I guess they are not used to handle that kind of money.

Sokratis is better than Hummels and Subotic.

Yeah, because Klopp and Zorc were thinking "Damn, let's spend all that shitty money on a player that is worth less hahahaha". Mkhitaryan was Klopp's dream signing from the very beginning (or when he realized we can't get Isco lol), he even said we'd have paid more if necessary.

And please enlighten me which player would have been a proper alternative for Micky. We wanted de Bruyne but Mourinho said no. And don't even think about writing Firmino, Maxim or that other guy I forgot about.

Before the season, Mickey Traitorson was a brilliant purchase. Has he been so bad as to deem him overpriced already?

He's just crazy and would rather take Firmino or some shit. Says Micky is shit half of the matches while praising guys like Firmino who are shit 80% of the matches lol

Salvadora

For Napoli i'd like to see:

-------Giroud
Rosicky Ozil Theo
---flamini Jack
Nach Kos Per Jenks

City:

------Giroud
Santi Ozil Theo
Arteta Ramsey
Gibbs Kos Per Jenks
Walcott looked like a breath of fresh air today, his return to the starting line-up will be much appreciated.
t90QZzo.gif

You make it difficult to prefer Arsenal to City.

Upside of these games means we'll have already played away to 4 of last season's top 5 come January.

Plus, we'll have played away to Newcastle and Everton who are this season's surprise packages. Gives us a chance to take points off them in the run-in as we try and climb back up post-New Year

Top Bottom