• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

wedward

_71615903_bdda9085-efa8-4588-9521-ac5974ba2d7f.jpg

This is unforgivable.

Wenger OUT

I hope you are being serious.

That way I can just go ahead and put you on the ignore list now.

Lightning

Banned
LMAO this post is absolutely fantastic.

You have City, Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle. Everton will pass you if you're not fucking careful boo

Meanwhile we'll solidify 9th place
Everton are not our local rivals but we'll smash West Ham and Newcastle. You'll see.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There's no way we are paying Adebayor's. We will be paying towards Barry's wage. But yeah, he's off on a free. Whoever gets him in summer, consider it a gift from Txiki.

No, you are paying part of Adebayor's wage still. He had two years remaining on his contract when we bought him and you agreed to make up the drop in wages for those two years.

Wilbur

Banned
Everton are not our local rivals but we'll smash West Ham and Newcastle. You'll see.

Bro they can still pass you even if you're not local rivals

I hope you are being serious.

That way I can just go ahead and put you on the ignore list now.

No, you are paying part of Adebayor's wage still. He had two years remaining on his contract when we bought him and you agreed to make up the drop in wages for those two years.

hahahah footygaf is jokes tonight

faridmon

You are now in a much better position.

Liverpool have Spurs, Cardiff, City and Chelsea as their next 4 games

Everton have Fulham, Swansea, Sunderland and Southampton. Liverpool's pathetic 2 point lead is not enough, you will have passed them by years end.

Hope we do. Oh, man, that would be bloody amazing!

3 (or 4 years?) in a row....

why dont you fucking watch football for ONCE

Because football to me is #MoyesBoys and banter

I need info for banter

so I use everything posted here as knowledge and banter with it

I need to know if Coentrao 4 reals though, can we actually get him instead of Baines? He's much younger.

Salvadora

I need info for banter

I need to know if Coentrao 4 reals though, can we actually get him instead of Baines? He's much younger.

Yeah he's one of the best left backs going, Manchester United Football Club should purchase Coentrao.

Clegg

Moyes left a good player base at Everton and Martinez has come in and improved them.

Meanwhile we've gotten worse under Moyes. Pretty sure we average less possession per game then we did last season. But we play more long balls and crosses and into the box. I suppose he has no choice though. Our options through the middle are hardly world class.
It's of work to do.

Wilbur

Banned
Allegri is DEAD

I saw that and assumed it was fake. bwahueueueueueueueueueueueueueemmemueebungabunga

I need info for banter

Coentrao is dogshit for Madrid but surprisingly good for Portugal. I'd rather play Fabio.

Baki

We need to draw/beat Manchester City. But based on this performance, not looking likely. Fuck. We need to bring our CL form.

You're going to get molested at the Etihad. Then the spectre of Mou will haunt you once more.

One point. If you're lucky.

It is a distinct possibility. Ya know, despite our league position, I don't think this is the best Arsenal team we've had during our barren 8-year spell. City and Chelsea are still a much stronger team on paper. Losing both those games isn't what I'm worried about - it's how we might respond.

Will we implode, and have calls for Wenger to resign over blowing this lead, or will we start another impressive run of victories that takes us back into the run?

Clegg

Don't want Coentrao. He's basically a slightly better Evra.

Besides, Madrid gave him a new contract a few weeks ago. They're stuck with him.

Wilbur

Banned
It is a distinct possibility. Ya know, despite our league position, I don't think this is the best Arsenal team we've had during our barren 8-year spell. City and Chelsea are still a much stronger team on paper. Losing both those games isn't what I'm worried about - it's how we might respond.

Will we implode, and have calls for Wenger to resign over blowing this lead, or will we start another impressive run of victories that takes us back into the run?

If there is calls for Wenger to resign from any of your fan base then it'll justify myself and numerous others calling you all fucking fickle mangoes at the start of the season.

We botched an eight point lead with six games to go two years ago. No one called for Frogson's head.

Oh, and its certainly the best back four you've had since 2003/04. Probably the best midfield as well. Only upgrades are RVP/Henry and Fabregas.

Baki

If there is calls for Wenger to resign from any of your fan base then it'll justify myself and numerous others calling you all fucking fickle mangoes at the start of the season.

We botched an eight point lead with six games to go two years ago. No one called for Frogson's head.

Oh, and its certainly the best back four you've had since 2003/04. Probably the best midfield as well. Only upgrades are RVP/Henry and Fabregas.

Just goes to show how badly we need a Striker.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
for next season

-----------Lewandowski----------
Neygod----Goat----Deulofeu-
--------Busquets----Cesc------
--Alba---Pique---Bartra---Alves
-------------Ter Stegen------------

a man can dream.

Coentrao is dogshit for Madrid but surprisingly good for Portugal. I'd rather play Fabio.

But is Fabio a viable solution for the rest of the season? He's good but afaik he wasn't spectacular with QPR. Granted you can only do so much there but still.

Don't want Coentrao. He's basically a slightly better Evra.

Besides, Madrid gave him a new contract a few weeks ago. They're stuck with him.

Huh, I was not aware

jtb

Banned
I hope you're not going to be like everyone else in here and overreact over a draw?

Nah. But he hasn't started a single game since returning to injury and I've long thought Theo makes the team play better (even when he doesn't play particularly well) just because of his pace and ability to stretch the play. I forgot he's been sick the past week or so but still. Would really like to see him starting games as soon as he's ready, if only to ease the burden off of players like Cazorla.

Wilbur

Banned
"this feels like a defeat"

"there is no way we are paying adebayor"

"let me put you on ignore now"

"david moyes"

I'm off for a nap. Speak soon xo

Elchele

Yeah, because Klopp and Zorc were thinking "Damn, let's spend all that shitty money on a player that is worth less hahahaha". Mkhitaryan was Klopp's dream signing from the very beginning (or when he realized we can't get Isco lol), he even said we'd have paid more if necessary.

And please enlighten me which player would have been a proper alternative for Micky. We wanted de Bruyne but Mourinho said no. And don't even think about writing Firmino, Maxim or that other guy I forgot about.

He's just crazy and would rather take Firmino or some shit. Says Micky is shit half of the matches while praising guys like Firmino who are shit 80% of the matches lol

ib15G6H2AwM9n8.png

ib2DvedrvgNCvi.png

idLf4QnnqwpTT.png

Also Kiyotake, could have signed him for 10M or less. He may not be a world class player, but he's a playmaker and has a lot of the qualities Gotze and Kagawa have. Unlike Mhiky who basically plays as another striker, zero creativity.

Top Bottom