• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

WJD

Young, Ando, Clev, Valencia, Welbeck, Evra are in my firing line. I would have sold Nani rather than retained him.

Rio, Vidic, and Giggs: step away from the top level career, pls.

Agree with the bolded. Still think Vidic has another year or so in him, he just needs to be phased out sensibly. Cleverley has shown enough in his first couple of seasons to be considered a decent enough squad player for me and the same goes for Welbeck. I love you Patrice, but you've got to go.

In terms of reinforcements? 2 CM's, 1 fucking top winger, 1 decent CB. We'll be lucky to get half of that in the next year though.

dc89

BbCCMFcIcAAMoo5.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/409970710422237184/photo/1/large

Behind the door is a picture of the league table right? RIGHT?

pappe

Agree with the bolded. Still think Vidic has another year or so in him, he just needs to be phased out sensibly. Cleverley has shown enough in his first couple of seasons to be considered a decent enough squad player for me and the same goes for Welbeck. I love you Patrice, but you've got to go.

In terms of reinforcements? 2 CM's, 1 fucking top winger, 1 decent CB. We'll be lucky to get half of that in the next year though.

That would mean spending almost a 100mil.

Labadal

I have over 42K posts on a Dutch forum. 15K here. And then another 5K spread out over forums I don't post much at. It's worrying :p
I am but a peasant compared to you, my lord.

Also, banging my head against the wall felt good. Feel a little smarter, too.

sohois

Young, Ando, Clev, Valencia, Welbeck, Evra are in my firing line. I would have sold Nani rather than retained him.

Rio, Vidic, and Giggs: step away from the top level career, pls.

Absurd to imagine that there's any major shifting or cutting in store in January, but hey. The Manchester Evening News is not a markedly worse scrap of inane jabber than the rest of them.

One can see the advantages for Moyes in such major moves in January though; by doing so he would be able to cite 'squad rebuilding' and 'major overhaul' as reasons for difficulties the club face in the league, strengthening his position. Not to mention that most clubs would be foolish to allow someone to make many transfers and then simply fire them *cough* Sunderland *cough*.

Hard to imagine that the higher ups would allow it though, or that Woodward would even be competent enough to handle more than 2 transfers in one window.

Salazar

That would mean spending almost a 100mil.

Over a couple of windows, we clearly need to push the boat out.

For morale, to boost the overall technical level of the squad, to belatedly compensate for age and departures, to acknowledge that academy prospects haven't developed as brilliantly as the might have done, to put bodies in the way of dross like Young and Ando, to get wide players in who pose a sufficient threat and provide sufficient service.

And to inject some fucking unapologetic masculine fortitude. Rumbustiousness. Force.

Because Fellaini has been damp. Apart from raking his studs down some thighs and being stumblingly late into some tackles, he's had no substantial intimidatory presence at all.

Cleverley is likewise wet. Nani is 100% bitch. Young is distilled cowardice. Evans rolls over when touched and hopes for the sound of the whistle. If those players are on the pitch at kick-off, it's the formational equivalent of wearing a shepherdess's outfit.

Salazar

if possible with some talented youngsters from your own youth.

In terms of reserves, at least, Powell, Henriquez, and Lingard have all had successful loans. I have no qualms and some measured excitement (although I am truly hype on Gohan) about them coming back to us.

And yeah, there's no chance of #clearout #massacre

But I think cutting the cord on some utter, unimproving fuckwits is possible.

Jack cw

Then again, Ribery and Robben were absolute steals in hindsight.
It was great scouting. Ribery was pure luck because Real wanted him too, but Bayerns money made the difference. And Robben was only possible because Real bought CR7 and he was the greatest bargain ever for 24 million. Dont forget that we got van Gaal who saw the talent in Badstuber, Alaba, Müller and Schweini on the 6. That was the turning point.

Elchele

It was great scouting. Ribery was pure luck because Real wanted him too, but Bayerns money made the difference. And Robben was only possible because Real bought CR7 and he was the greatest bargain ever for 24 million. Dont forget that we got van Gaal who saw the talent in Badstuber, Alaba, Müller and Schweini on the 6. That was the turning point.

our scouting sucks, to be honest. Is basically Uli watching TV.

Blablurn

Van Gaal did a lot of good stuff

Jack cw

Still better than United's.

Robben was only possible because he got injured all the time and we were the only one willing to get him (at that price). It's truly impressive though how he has exploded at Bayern.
Well, he was really good in Madrid and Chelsea but they obviously didnt have Müller-Wohlfahrt. Its still amazing what Bayerns medical staff did in order to keep him fit. Robben is by far the best transfer Bayern ever made.

I remember the 09/10 season when we had that away in manchester and had really no hope we could get to the next stage after being back 0:3 against United but this game was probably the first one, where Robben and Ribery worked they way they do now and Robbens goal is legendary.

Blablurn

Well, he was really good in Madrid and Chelsea but they obviously didnt have Müller-Wohlfahrt. Its still amazing what Bayerns medical staff did in order to keep him fit. Robben is by far the best transfer Bayern ever made.

I remember the 09/10 season when we had that away in manchester and had really no hope we could get to the next stage after being back 0:3 against United but this game was probably the first one, where Robben and Ribery worked they way they do now and Robbens goal is legendary.

Best goal ever. I exploded back then

Do share.

I don't remember it in detail, so sorry if it's not completely true. Although Mandzukic has been a decent/good Bundesliga striker for two years at Wolfsburg, looks like Hoeneß never really noticed. Then Mandzukic had two great matches for Crotia at the Euro 2012 and Hoeneß saw them. Then he was like, that guy is pretty good, let's buy him.

Blablurn

I don't remember it in detail, so sorry if it's not completely true. Although Mandzukic has been a decent/good Bundesliga striker for two years at Wolfsburg, looks like Hoeneß never really noticed. Then Mandzukic had two great matches for Crotia at the Euro 2012 and Hoeneß saw them. Then he was like, that guy is pretty good, let's buy him.

Did Sport1 tell you that story?

Scored the winning goal last night during the weekly five a side match. A lovely one too, keeper had his legs wide open and I basically shot right there while falling down. I'm actually better than Matri.

--

Probable formation for the Ajax match:

Zapata going on the bench after that dreadful game on Saturday, hopefully Bonera can keep up like he did with Celtic. Oh and Muntari is back from his injury after a few weeks, and of course Poli will be on the bench, because everybody knows that Muntari is way better than Poli, right? Fucking Allegri.
Birsa is also in doubt, El Shaa will probably play near Kakà from the start.

I'm hyped but I'm also starting to feel less confident after the Livorno performance. Not that I was certain to see us winning before, of course.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Scored the winning goal last night during the weekly five a side match. A lovely one too, keeper had his legs wide open and I basically shot right there while falling down. I'm actually better than Matri.

--

Probable formation for the Ajax match:

Zapata going on the bench after that dreadful game on Saturday, hopefully Bonera can keep up like he did with Celtic. Oh and Muntari is back from his injury after a few weeks, and of course Poli will be on the bench, because everybody knows that Muntari is way better than Poli, right? Fucking Allegri.
Birsa is also in doubt, El Shaa will probably play near Kakà from the start.

I'm hyped but I'm also starting to feel less confident after the Livorno performance. Not that I was certain to see us winning before, of course.
I like how Allegri completely abandoned the idea of Matri :lol :lol

Hixx

I fucking hate John O'Shea.

I wish he'd shut the fuck up. Honestly if he was playing well I wouldn't mind him coming out with the rallying calls but he's a fucking liability. Please just fuck off. Go away. You are the actual worst.

I like how Allegri completely abandoned the idea of Matri :lol :lol

Not really: Saturday El Shaa seemed to be broken again, and apparently he wanted to sub him for Matri. This way, we would've ended up playing with Kakà, Niang, Balotelli and Matri upfront.

Then probably El Shaa saw this and decided that it was for the best if he just stayed on the pitch even with a broken leg.

Salazar

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 1m
No sign of Michael Carrick at #mufc training. No Vidic or Fellaini either.

Carrick - still dead. Obviously. Weeks left.
Vidic - knackered
Fellaini - I actually do not give a toss

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 54s
Evra also missing

THE CULL HAS BEGUN.

Clegg

This is the Glazer's fault.

United have spent £680m in servicing their debt and there's still £300m outstanding.

Imagine what we could've done if even half of that £680m went to signing new players.

Feorax

United have spent £680m in servicing their debt and there's still £300m outstanding.

Imagine what we could've done if even half of that £680m went to signing new players.

Imagine what you could have done if you'd spent the Fellaini money on a competent midfielder.

I can sympathise. Up until recently, we were the kings of wasting money on debt and shite players.

dc89

You could have bought every player we went for.

Top Bottom