• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

operon

Who owned United before the Glazers? I blame them mostly, there's no way they didn't know the debt the club would be laboured with after the sale, it'd be as easy as just asking where they got the money from.

no blame fergie his friends sold their share to the glazers due to the falling out over the stud fees from Rock of Gibralter. As soon as united became a plc the chance s of this happening was high

Salazar

no blame fergie his friends sold their share to the glazers due to the falling out over the stud fees from Rock of Gibralter

Not going to blame Ferguson for a pissant overreaction by some idiot pals.

Porto want Anderson ? Well that's bollocks.

Waiting for the Galatasaray bollocks. It'll be along very shortly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'll join the avatars party after our game tomorrow

YcBpPTw.png
YcBpPTw.png
YcBpPTw.png

Carbonox

I went and saw Gravity in 3D yesterday. Mindblowing.

Despite having so much fun in Switzerland I still feel utter dread, disappointment and disgust at getting so legless I missed my original flight and had to fork out money for a fresh ticket home. Completely puts a damper on the positivity to come out of the trip. I just can't be fucked to do anything cos I'm so annoyed still. My trip to San Francisco in 2 months will go smoothly though, I know that much as I wouldn't dare prick about on the other side of the world like I did a few countries over.

no blame fergie his friends sold their share to the glazers due to the falling out over the stud fees from Rock of Gibralter. As soon as united became a plc the chance s of this happening was high

Doesn't really sound like you can blame fergie there, but I agree that football clubs shouldn't become plcs. On top of chancers like the glazers there's asset strippers who'd sell the stadium and training ground, lease them back and half the players, pocket the profits and leave.

Course it doesn't have to be a plc for that though, in our case our old owner just wanted rid of us because he could see the tax problems catching up and was just happy anyone wanted to take us off his hands.

operon

Not going to blame Ferguson for a pissant overreaction by some idiot pals.

Porto want Anderson ? Well that's bollocks.

Waiting for the Galatasaray bollocks. It'll be along very shortly.

Stud fees were reputed to be worth £100 million pound, which is tax free if I recall correctly in the republic and fergie wanted half that, and that's what you call an over reaction

Blablurn

no surprise here:

FIFA announces that @Cristiano, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery make up the three-man shortlist for the 2013 Ballon d'Or.

Grats CR7 :/

Fifa 14 > PEs 14. This year Pes is for suckers, that's right I said it and the last Fifa I bought was 2001.

no surprise here:

FIFA announces that @Cristiano, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery make up the three-man shortlist for the 2013 Ballon d'Or.

Grats CR7 :/

What, you think CR7 shouldn't be among the top 3? Lol

Timurid

The group going to Bentfica.

Gardiens : Douchez, Sirigu, Diaw

Défenseurs : Traoré, Camara, Marquinhos, Maxwell, Digne, Jallet

Milieux : Matuidi, Coman, Rabiot, Lucas, Pastore, Motta

Attaquants : Ménez, Ongenda, Cavani, Lavezzi

I'll still think we'll win against those silly cunts.

Jack cw

They gotta give CR7 something so he doesn't stay without title this season. ;-)

He wouldn't be a bad choice if you only look at (offensive) statistics though.

There is only one player in the world right now that deserves this title. But FIFA will give it to Ronaldo.

Of course. It was more like "Congrats on winning it".

Ronaldo ain't winning shit. Damn thing is a popularity contest, and Ronaldo simply isn't popular among many circles.

Many will vote on Ribery or Messi out of spite. Shit Thiago Silva wanted to vote for Neymar... think about that shit.

There is only one player in the world right now that deserves this title. But FIFA will give it to Ronaldo.

Lol what, Ribery? Why because his team won a lot of shit? This ain't a fucking team award.

Scum

Didn't someone say they had a friend in the know who said Messi won it? I think the result was 1. Messi 2. Cristina 3. Ribery

Jack cw

Lol what, Ribery? Why because his team won a lot of shit? This ain't a fucking team award.
His contribution and individual skill led them to the team they are now and he is in incredible shape but its FIFA, so it will be Ronaldo. If he didnt get the balon d'or i wear a Klopp avatar for a year.

Blablurn

Jupp Heynckes nominated alongside Sir Alex Ferguson and Jürgen Klopp for the Coach of the year award.

His contribution and individual skill led them to the team they are now and he is in incredible shape but its FIFA, so it will be Ronaldo. If he didnt get the balon d'or i wear a Klopp avatar for a year.

ibw9ufWuGoCuMW.png

rvy

Banned
Easy win for SAF. Sure, he only won EPL, but like Ronaldo he did it with a "shit" team. ;-)

Edit:
Wait, no. He actually won a title. Klopp is probably the Ronaldo in this case.

Don't take this serious, FootyGAF.

Can't wait for Messi to win and Bayern-GAF exploding.

Top Bottom