• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Yen

24892-6821.gif

Kassu

Banned
<3 don't worry man, if I'm being honest it probably was meant for you and she's saying that to play little games, see how you react. What are the odds she sends that message to you out of all people? It's what people do. Don't take it to heart baby
I know.. And I wouldn't even want to be with her again if I got a chance, I actually think I'm happier without her. That message still hurt though and makes me feel like she only did it because she knows I'm lonely as fuck right now and meanwhile she actually has someone.

And being alone is also horrible, I really need better friends or something.

Wilbur

Banned
I know.. And I wouldn't even want to be with her again if I got a chance, I actually think I'm happier without her. That message still hurt though and makes me feel like she only did it because she knows I'm lonely as fuck right now and meanwhile she actually has someone.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I went out friday and my ex was there and we all slept over a house and she was on the sofa and I was on the floor and I really wanted to just slide in next to her and fall asleep with her innit, and I've felt like I really miss her since. In the long run though, I'm probably better off without her. And it seems like you might be better off without your ex if you think you're happier without her already.

Just try to spend time with whoever you can as much as possible right now.

GorillaJu

It's gonna be a toughie getting shit out of Chelsea and City. Personally if you can get three draws, a win and a draw and a loss, that'd be fantastic provided you win the Cardiff match as well.

I reckon that with all the teams that have given Spurs and Chelsea trouble, we can expect 2 or 3 points out of those two. Spurs will probably be the trickier of the two because of players like Dembele, who has historically always played well v us. City will be a loss, and I'm not quite sure we can expect a win v Cardiff but it's definitely the simplest on paper of those fixtures.

Wilbur

Banned
I reckon that with all the teams that have given Spurs and Chelsea trouble, we can expect 2 or 3 points out of those two. Spurs will probably be the trickier of the two because of players like Dembele, who has historically always played well v us. City will be a loss, and I'm not quite sure we can expect a win v Cardiff but it's definitely the simplest on paper of those fixtures.

I think the fact Spurs are under a teensy little mini renaissance, and due to the fact that a lot of their troubles have been because teams are comfortably sitting back and defending against them (which Liverpool just won't do) could make it a nervy fixture. And Chelsea are Chelsea. They'll either win 2-0 and not give you a fucking sniff, or it'll be ridiculously tight.

Cardiff you just have to win in the midst of these games because there is a very real possibility you end up with 0 points out of 9 for them, so whether or not you win at Spurs, beat Chelsea, it should be disappointing not to win against Cardiff anyway. It's like one of the Newcastle fans in here was saying, he'd probably rather trade a win at Spurs for a win at home against Hull instead of the loss they did get, because it gives a better indication of what your team is and not what your team can do when they come up against the big boys. Swansea and the United results again proved that point a tad.

GorillaJu

My ex used to send me messages like "I miss u" and "my scarf still smells like u :)" after she dumped me and she would always set up dates to hang out, say shit like "u always make me so happy when we talk, I wanna see u" then cancel at the last minute every time. Girls can be wretched beings. Still, on occasion, 5 years later, she sends me emails with the same type of message.

I never, ever want to go back to how I felt when she broke up with me, my entire summer was a disaster and my guy friends were getting sick of me being such a bummer all the time. I understand how you feel.

The upside to it all is that it really is just a matter of time and all that heaviness lightens up and you start enjoying being yourself again.

It's not a matter of being lonely or not I think. It's more to do with the massive drop in self esteem that comes from brooding over harmful thoughts like "someone I love doesn't want to be with me."

I'm pretty nervous about the upcoming Chelsea fixtures so I know dat feel, mayne.

Mou needs to mix it up a little and try something else because IMO Ramires and fat Frank as the two Defensive Mids isn't exactly working. Also need to tighten up how we defend against set pieces and the counter attack.

GorillaJu

I think the fact Spurs are under a teensy little mini renaissance

I don't think a team is in a healthy position when their strikers aren't scoring. Until you see some form of regularity come up for Spurs, with Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen and Defoe scoring more goals, it's hard to say that things are going well for them.

Strikers scoring goals is, to me, one indication that the 'system' is working. If you have a glut of goals, like Man City do, you can understand more diversity on the score sheet but if you're in Spurs' position, you can clearly see just by looking at where the goals are coming from that all is not right.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm pretty nervous about the upcoming Chelsea fixtures so I know dat feel, mayne.

Mou needs to mix it up a little and try something else because IMO Ramires and fat Frank as the two Defensive Mids isn't exactly working. Also need to tighten up how we defend against set pieces and the counter attack.

Ramires and Mikel definitely works better defensively, but when you pick Mikel unfortunately you're sacrificing a little something going forward and its really just like having someone who offers nothing in an entire department of the pitch, and an important one at that; scoring goals. Van Ginkel would be getting far more games if he wasn't injured so that's a shame.

Also time to drop Cahill and bring back Luiz. Or move Ivanovic centrally, Dave RB and Cole LB.

I don't think a team is in a healthy position when their strikers aren't scoring. Until you see some form of regularity come up for Spurs, with Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen and Defoe scoring more goals, it's hard to say that things are going well for them.

Strikers scoring goals is, to me, one indication that the 'system' is working. If you have a glut of goals, like Man City do, you can understand more diversity on the score sheet but if you're in Spurs' position, you can clearly see just by looking at where the goals are coming from that all is not right.

You're definitely right, but the most important thing after that City result was getting some points on the board. They've scored 6 in their last 3 games, two of them away wins and one a draw against the champions (altho we r shit), and it'll just be a bit of a morale booster. Mind you, you've just twatted 9 past two different teams in a week. Should be a fun game.

It's absolutely obvious what Spurs need to do when they settle into a rhythm, which is permanently give Soldado someone like Eriksen or Sigurdsson behind him instead of playing three midfielders more inclined to stay deeper, and to get their wingers putting fucking crosses into the box. It's all well and good playing Townsend when he's in the mood for running at full backs, but it literally gives Soldado nothing to do because he will get no service from that player all afternoon.

With Henderson injured alongside Gerrard, gives Brendan an 'excuse' to demand money for the good CM that we need.

M'Vila #believe #nothanks #canwebuyafuckingmidfielder

GorillaJu

With Henderson injured alongside Gerrard, gives Brendan an 'excuse' to demand money for the good CM that we need.

I think the owners watch our games quite a lot and want to get involved and help. They're very attentive to the goings on at the Red Sox and, after having won the World Series they're probably going to be hungry for more success and it wouldn't surprise me if they okay'd a big January purchase so long as it is a sound long-term investment, not just a stop-gap measure to get us through the season.

We've spent our January funds very shrewdly in recent years, minus Andy Carroll.

edit: forgot about M'Vila being at the Hull game. I wonder.

K1LLER7

Listening to the football podcast on Sky Sports and they are saying United offered 80+ million for Bale and wanted to match Bale's wages offered by Madrid.

lol. No Chance.

Ramires and Mikel definitely works better defensively, but when you pick Mikel unfortunately you're sacrificing a little something going forward and its really just like having someone who offers nothing in an entire department of the pitch, and an important one at that; scoring goals. Van Ginkel would be getting far more games if he wasn't injured so that's a shame.

Also time to drop Cahill and bring back Luiz. Or move Ivanovic centrally, Dave RB and Cole LB.
Such a shame that Essien's career was damn near ruined because of injuries. I still like the guy despite his fuck up against Southampton but because of that I don't think Mou will play him any time soon. I'd play him instead of Lampard.

You prefer Terry over Cahill?

GorillaJu

Listening to the football podcast on Sky Sports and they are saying United offered 80+ million for Bale and offered to match Bale's wages.

lol. No Chance.

I have no doubt that United threw a bid in because it'd be silly to let a player that fits your system so well go abroad, but 80m, no way in hell. If he's worth 80m, why wouldn't they just make it 90m to outbid Real? Levy and Spurs are one of the few cases where I feel like whoever bids highest wins, and the desires of the player aren't really taken into account.

Speaking of Levy, damn he fucked up this summer. Broke the transfer fee record for Spurs twice and all he's gotten out of them are a few penalties and a sprinkling of UEFA Cup goals.

Wilbur

Banned
Listening to the football podcast on Sky Sports and they are saying United offered 80+ million for Bale and wanted to match Bale's wages offered by Madrid.

lol. No Chance.

No fucking way did we offer 80m for one player :lol although compared to 30m for Fellaini its a bargain

Such a shame that Essien's career was damn near ruined because of injuries. I still like the guy despite his fuck up against Southampton but because of that I don't think Mou will play him any time soon. I'd play him instead of Lampard.

You prefer Terry over Cahill?

Yeah, Terry's far better. Getting on, but he's much better at playing the ball out from the back, he's far more intelligent and he's better at organising a defence. I think he's underrated now personally.

Salazar

lol. No Chance.

Nonstop bullshit time is upon us again.

The Guardian should know better.

Moyes reiterated again at the weekend that he would not rush into moving for players. Yet the landing of Sneijder, who has a proven pedigree as a Champions League winner and World Cup finalist with Holland, would lift the club while sending a statement of intent to United's rivals.

Jamie Jackson, you're probably not a completely brainless twat, so why do you write this utter twattery ?

It wouldn't be "landing" him. It would be picking his carcass off the riverbank because Gala don't want it.

Wilbur

Banned
Sneijder has had one good season in his life. Overrated prissy clit dribble. Head is too bony for me to support any mooted signing.

Yeah, Terry's far better. Getting on, but he's much better at playing the ball out from the back, he's far more intelligent and he's better at organising a defence. I think he's underrated now personally.
That's interesting man, I feel the same way. I like Terry for that leadership quality he brings, same with Cole. Would you call him up to the National team?

Wilbur

Banned
DC would chortle if we signed Reus because there's a foetus that just left for Barca with a buy back clause that'll blow him out of the water.

Entirely too drunk on Ushoptimism, is sweet Crehan.

K1LLER7

I have no doubt that United threw a bid in because it'd be silly to let a player that fits your system so well go abroad, but 80m, no way in hell. If he's worth 80m, why wouldn't they just make it 90m to outbid Real? Levy and Spurs are one of the few cases where I feel like whoever bids highest wins, and the desires of the player aren't really taken into account.

Speaking of Levy, damn he fucked up this summer. Broke the transfer fee record for Spurs twice and all he's gotten out of them are a few penalties and a sprinkling of UEFA Cup goals.
Graham Hunter said on Revista that we told Bale we'd match his wages but he told United he's set for Madrid.

I'm guessing we may have agreed a price with Spurs, maybe send Nani over with cash. Can't believe it though.

No fucking way did we offer 80m for one player :lol although compared to 30m for Fellaini its a bargain.
What's with this Ribiero guy? His agent says we've been in contact but nothing is agreed. Yet the player is going on about how he'd fit in at united and can play anywhere. says he "knows" about United because he's used the team in Video games.

15m lets have him.

GorillaJu

I am stupidly excited for the World Cup. I can't wait to be watching 4 games a day at the start
AU7Amsc.gif

You fuckers who never have to take time zone into account are so lucky. World Cup/Euro games are always at like 3 or 4am for me.

Though it could be nice being in Brazil. The Copa America games are usually at watchable times.

Wilbur

Banned
That's interesting man, I feel the same way. I like Terry for that leadership quality he brings, same with Cole. Would you call him up to the National team?

Absolutely. I just don't trust Gary Cahill to keep out the best of the best at a World Cup. Obviously he's played in and won CL semis and finals, but Di Matteo sold his fucking soul to whichever heathen was looking for the non-corporeal form of a balloon headed bastard that week. He looks shaky against the likes of Montenegro and Poland, and even more so against Chile and Germany. He will not be good enough if we want any chance of qualifying out of the group. I'd take Terry back in a heartbeat.

Wilbur

Banned
Love the World Cup. Every day I'm not at work (which'll hopefully only be two/three times a week while I'm looking for PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT) shall be spent feasting on Brazilian soccer, samba and snatch.

What's with this Ribiero guy? His agent says we've been in contact but nothing is agreed. Yet the player is going on about how he'd fit in at united and can play anywhere. says he "knows" about United because he's used the team in Video games.

15m lets have him.

Of course he'd sign a fucking player called Everton. Seems like he's a playmaker which is nice, but hopefully he could play a little deeper.

Seriously, Barkley. Kid's gonna be a world beater if he keeps it up. Let's buy him and then give him the same amount of time as he gets at Everton. And Cabaye. Fucking sanction it Woodward or I'll slice the biggest vein on your inevitably rank average penis.

GorillaJu

Graham Hunter said on Revista that we told Bale we'd match his wages but he told United he's set for Madrid.

I'm guessing we may have agreed a price with Spurs, maybe send Nani over with cash. Can't believe it though.

15m lets have him.

Ribeiro sounds like a perfect contestant for the bi-annual event where players link themselves to United or Liverpool to make money betting on themselves to not move there. Gaitan was first, Garay next, sounds like Ribeiro is Mk III. Willy Carvalho seems more likely just based on how good he actually seems to be.

It's not just whoever bids highest wins, and the player ultimately does have some say. Luka Modric doesn't play in the Premier League any more and Berbatov went to United and not City.

Kassu

Banned
Kassu pls, I also gave an advice.

It was shitty, wasn't it?
Oh sorry, somehow I didn't notice your post at all. Thanks to you as well.

And yes, I'm willing to block her if she continues to do more this kind of bullshit but so far there hasn't been any reason to do so. I still respect her and wouldn't want things go that far but that's her choice.

K1LLER7

Love the World Cup. Every day I'm not at work (which'll hopefully only be two/three times a week while I'm looking for PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT) shall be spent feasting on Brazilian soccer, samba and snatch.

Of course he'd sign a fucking player called Everton. Seems like he's a playmaker which is nice, but hopefully he could play a little deeper.

Seriously, Barkley. Kid's gonna be a world beater if he keeps it up. Let's buy him and then give him the same amount of time as he gets at Everton. And Cabaye. Fucking sanction it Woodward or I'll slice the biggest vein on your inevitably rank average penis.
Winger who can play CAM

Ribeiro sounds like a perfect contestant for the bi-annual event where players link themselves to United or Liverpool to make money betting on themselves to not move there. Gaitan was first, Garay next, sounds like Ribeiro is Mk III. Willy Carvalho seems more likely just based on how good he actually seems to be.
I'd prefer Carvalho but I suspect he'll go for stupid money to PSG or Monaco.

Cabaye and *Insert Good Player* would be a good january window.

Salazar

Watching the Hobbit extras where the movement coach teaches them how to run like a dwarf, leading with the belly.

It's fuckin Vurnon Anita. All over.

GorillaJu

It's only a matter of time for Barkley -> United IMO. 30m and it'll happen and he'll be absolutely class for you. I just don't think it'll happen till Summer '15. Don't think Moyes is interested in youth for youth's sake, like Wenger, Rodgers, Klopp. Would Pochettino qualify or is he just playing young players because they're his best XI? His transfers have mostly been young players and he wanted to buy Coutinho as well.

I wish Liverpool would just sneak in in the middle of the night and steal Southampton's whole youth set-up. That Ox, Bale, Clyne, Shaw, Lallana, Ward-Prowse, and Rodriguez have all come through in such a short amount of time is astonishing. Lallana is maybe the only one of those who won't end up at a top club.

Top Bottom