• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

He looks pretty good.

I don't want to finish the season desultorily watching Phil Jones |2013-14| Gols & Dribles

Running time 0.15, a third of which is intro.

Just read about him, he sounds good.

I wonder if we don't play with a playmaker primarily because Kagawa hasn't done well or if it doesn't work for us at the time being.

If Moyes wants to stick with 442 then we need a decent holding midfielder, with Carrick and Fellaini in the void we need Jones and Cleverley to cover a 1 man job. So having to resort to 451 means either Rooney or RVP have to sit a match out, which is not a great alternative either.

Wilbur

Banned
Watching the Hobbit extras where the movement coach teaches them how to run like a dwarf, leading with the belly.

It's fuckin Vurnon Anita. All over.

salazar please im choking on carbonated drinks

Need to rewatch the first one in anticipation of Hobby 2's release. Let me hear that Cumberbatch.

we paid £16m for this...

Ashley-Young-Manchester-U-007.jpg

£14m of it is English player tax

Hyped up as the up and coming Messi/Ronaldo he certainly filled one aspect of their game, the diving!

I think we all agree we shouldn't go for these cunts:

-Sneijder because he's shit and a has been.
-Herrera because he's too expensive for what he offers.
-Mvila because fuck him.

Let's go for Everton, Kebab, or ummm yeah. I don't know who else. Not sure about Carvalho yet. He's good at breaking up attacks, and can distribute, but is as slow as Fellaini. Need more time to assess him after finally having a break through season with Sporting.

There isn't much to choose from in this transfer window. In the summer, United can get Koke, Gundogan, Modric (if Real get Ilkay), etc... for a lot of money. Right now it would be foolish to go in for them as their teams will not want to part with them.

Wilbur

Banned
It's only a matter of time for Barkley -> United IMO. 30m and it'll happen and he'll be absolutely class for you. I just don't think it'll happen till Summer '15. Don't think Moyes is interested in youth for youth's sake, like Wenger, Rodgers, Klopp. Would Pochettino qualify or is he just playing young players because they're his best XI? His transfers have mostly been young players and he wanted to buy Coutinho as well.

I wish Liverpool would just sneak in in the middle of the night and steal Southampton's whole youth set-up. That Ox, Bale, Clyne, Shaw, Lallana, Ward-Prowse, and Rodriguez have all come through in such a short amount of time is astonishing. Lallana is maybe the only one of those who won't end up at a top club.

Rodriguez came from Burnley homie, but Walcott came through the Saints set up. Phenomenally well run football club, let's hope they can keep it up.

I'd love Barkley now but I'd hate to see him come and sit on the bench after such a great start to the season, and there'd naturally be a settling in period. Would be great to get him at the close of the season, let him come tour Carrington and get a Mafiosa kiss on the cheek from Fergie just prior to the World Cup and give him an entire month and a half's worth of training instead of being dunked on us at the very cockend of August like Fellaini.

Just read about him, he sounds good.

I wonder if we don't play with a playmaker primarily because Kagawa hasn't done well or if it doesn't work for us at the time being.

If Moyes wants to stick with 442 then we need a decent holding midfielder, with Carrick and Fellaini in the void we need Jones and Cleverley to cover a 1 man job. So having to resort to 451 means either Rooney or RVP have to sit a match out, which is not a great alternative either.

We don't play with a playmaker because Rooney wants to play in a playmaker's favourite position. Simple as that really, the spud fudder is averse to playing anywhere but there or up top when Robin is dead.

L1NETT

Sigh it's time to do that 2000 word essay due in for tomorrow. Enough Nakhi Wells montages for now. Might shed a tear when he leaves.

Had about 3 Red Bull's, pumped and ready to go. I am farting pure energy, feel like an X Men.

---

Can't forget Cumberbatch's best role.

GorillaJu

salazar please im choking on carbonated drinks

Need to rewatch the first one in anticipation of Hobby 2's release. Let me hear that Cumberbatch.

Who the fuck is Cumberbatch?

I had a student from the US studying abroad in one of my classes, and I was talking to my class about what "celebrity" means, then she raises her hand and says "celebrity, like Benedict Cumberbatch." I said "who is he?" and her face lit up with anger that I didn't know, she said he's famous for a role in Star Trek, I said "Oh yeah, I don't really watch Star Wars," and she looked frozen with rage.

I thought maybe Benedict Cumberbatch was one of the names in that Key and Peele sketch where they name off college football teams where the players all have absurd names. :lol I was off by a mile.

Messi

£14m of it is English player tax

Hyped up as the up and coming Messi/Ronaldo he certainly filled one aspect of their game, the diving!

Messi is a diver now? Once in a blue moon maybe. Ronaldo has all buy cut it out too. They are in diving teams sure but they are among the least offenders

K1LLER7

-Mvila because fuck him.

Let's go for Everton, Kebab, or ummm yeah. I don't know who else. Not sure about Carvalho yet. He's good at breaking up attacks, and can distribute, but is as slow as Fellaini. Need more time to assess him after finally having a break through season with Sporting.

There isn't much to choose from in this transfer window. In the summer, United can get Koke, Gundogan, Modric (if Real get Ilkay), etc... for a lot of money. Right now it would be foolish to go in for them as their teams will not want to part with them.
Koke set to sign a new contract.

Gundagon will go somewhere else. Unles Shinji convinces.

Modric won't leave.

Fucking Pogba :'(

Wilbur

Banned

-Mvila because fuck him.

Let's go for Everton, Kebab, or ummm yeah. I don't know who else. Not sure about Carvalho yet. He's good at breaking up attacks, and can distribute, but is as slow as Fellaini.

Don't know enough about Everton. Cabaye, Cabaye, Cabaye. 20m would be absolutely worth it at this point and it would probably be very close to what Newcastle would accept.

Gundogan is dying so I'm scared about him. Koke would be a fantastic buy, and you'd have to imagine Modric will only get more important to Madrid should Alonso find himself relegated further lest he go the way of Xavi and end up impotent like Arnie on a night out searching for Aspas.

Even so with Cabaye, it's slim pickings. They're currently doing better than us so would cost a fortune, but I have no doubt he would come for the CL and the pedigree of the club. It's just a guessing game as to whether we're actually interested considering Moyes wants to set the scouting network up like a fucking FBI web of contacts.

Sigh it's time to do that 2000 word essay due in for tomorrow. Enough Nakhi Wells montages for now. Might shed a tear when he leaves.

Had about 3 Red Bull's, pumped and ready to go. I am farting pure energy, feel like an X Men.

Snap, I'm doing a 2000 word one due in for Wednesday, but work tomorrow means its gotta be done now. Ordered a pizza and a big bottle of Coke. Let's do this together Linny. Let's conclude with a Nakhi masturbation session TOGETHER

Who the fuck is Cumberbatch?

I had a student from the US studying abroad in one of my classes, and I was talking to my class about what "celebrity" means, then she raises her hand and says "celebrity, like Benedict Cumberbatch." I said "who is he?" and her face lit up with anger that I didn't know, she said he's famous for a role in Star Trek, I said "Oh yeah, I don't really watch Star Wars," and she looked frozen with rage.

I thought maybe Benedict Cumberbatch was one of the names in that Key and Peele sketch where they name off college football teams where the players all have absurd names. :lol I was off by a mile.

He plays Sherlock and is absolutely amazeballs and he has a gorgeous voice. Seriously, Sherlock's well worth a watch. He's playing Smaug and the Necromameobi in Hobbit 2: Electric Bilboloo

-Mvila because fuck him.

I might be wrong but I feel we could look for someone who can help a little with our back-line, Rio has been fairly unimpressive and some of his mistakes lead to a few critical goals so far.

Vidic and Evans as main defenders, a new defender and either Jones/Smalling/Rio as second.

We don't play with a playmaker because Rooney wants to play in a playmaker's favourite position. Simple as that really, the spud fudder is averse to playing anywhere but there or up top when Robin is dead.

Rooney likes to run in the middle of the park innit, always irritates me when him and Shinji are millimetres apart and Rooney is clearly eating up Shinji's personal space.

Shinji is far too polite to even point it out.

K1LLER7

---

Can't forget Cumberbatch's best role.
Aiming to get mine finished tomorrow, before the United game starts.

Then I got 7 days to finish another 2500 word assignment.

Wilbur

Banned
I might be wrong but I feel we could look for someone who can help a little with our back-line, Rio has been fairly unimpressive and some of his mistakes lead to a few critical goals so far.

Vidic and Evans as main defenders, a new defender and either Jones/Smalling/Rio as second.

Rooney likes to run in the middle of the park innit, always irritates me when him and Shinji are millimetres apart and Rooney is clearly eating up Shinji's personal space.

Shinji is far too polite to even point it out.

Jones is going to be a far better defender than Evans and is approaching that level now, so I'd go Vidic/Jones personally.

And yeah, as KidA has said so many times, Rooney's pretty incapable of playing the number ten role effectively. He's at his best as lone striker if you ask me so I hope he plays there in the World Cup at least.

Koke set to sign a new contract.

Gundagon will go somewhere else. Unles Shinji convinces.

Modric won't leave.

Fucking Pogba :'(

A new contract doesn't mean shit in regards to his availability. It just means Atletico get more money from his transfer. I think he'll leave if United are willing to pay big wages. I also think that Oliver would be easier to get as Koke is a little more loyal to Atletico according to la liga journalists and fans. All of this could change because Atletico are now challenging on all fronts.

Pogtrayer would have come in handy at this point in time.

GorillaJu

Seems to me like your full backs are the problem, at least from the last two games I watched. Both the Everton and the Newcastle goals came from low balls across the face of goal, from the right to the far post.

Jones is going to be a far better defender than Evans and is approaching that level now, so I'd go Vidic/Jones personally.

And yeah, as KidA has said so many times, Rooney's pretty incapable of playing the number ten role effectively. He's at his best as lone striker if you ask me so I hope he plays there in the World Cup at least.

Jones may have to cover in the defence midfield role for a while since you can't depend on Cleverley to throw away a babies diaper.

Carrick and Fellaini have been depressingly mistake prone, I remember the one or two matches we played with one DM and thinking what a horrible mistake that is.

K1LLER7

OddMorsel, what are the hotels like in Japan? Would I be more likely to find cheap/budget hotels or are they generally expensive?

Wilbur

Banned
Seems to me like your full backs are the problem, at least from the last two games I watched. Both the Everton and the Newcastle goals came from low balls across the face of goal, from the right to the far post.

Valencia's not a full back and was playing there when Everton scored, Evra hasn't even come close to me acknowledging him as a defender for a very long time now. Makes me fucking magoo watching him.

And no pressure was even put on Cabaye when he had the ball at the edge of the box. Just sat off him. Poor form all round, you just don't expect that from a) a Moyes side and b) our defenders.

ibfBhP4fcf0oux.gif

One of the few times our attack had great movement. Actually, that usually only happens on counters. It's woeful whenever we have the majority of the possession in the opponent's half. The attackers need to start making runs towards the right edge of the box. The reserve players did that and Januzaj always found them. There were a couple of times in the Everton and Newcastle game that Adnan was looking for that pass, but nobody made that run.

The 4 positions in our back line could do with a lot more work.

Vidic has been up and down.

When Smalling plays as a right back he does very little to help with creating chances and when Valencia plays as an RB he does create chances but very little defending.

Jones has to play out of position, Evans has been decent and was able to rectify some of his mistakes but he still has some work to do. Rio is far too old and lazy now, it might be the Everton goal but all he did was just move his leg a little to the back and give up immediately, something you'd expect from schoolyard play.

Evra is Evra.

K1LLER7

Valencia's not a full back and was playing there when Everton scored, Evra hasn't even come close to me acknowledging him as a defender for a very long time now. Makes me fucking magoo watching him.

And no pressure was even put on Cabaye when he had the ball at the edge of the box. Just sat off him. Poor form all round, you just don't expect that from a) a Moyes side and b) our defenders.
Team was caught out and they reacted quicker. They were like that all game tbf. Newcastle won all the second balls.

Thought Ando did alright when he came on. Maybe it was because he's the only midfielder we have that actually dribbles forwards with the ball.

Wilbur

Banned
Guess ya'll knew about this, but Sam Sodje was paid 70k to get sent off in a match. He tried everything to get sent off, but had to resort to this :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15CXZn_7_T4

Would have been jokes if the linesman missed it and he didn't get sent off hahaha

Team was caught out and they reacted quicker. They were like that all game tbf. Newcastle won all the second balls.

Thought Ando did alright when he came on. Maybe it was because he's the only midfielder we have that actually dribbles forwards with the ball.

He was terrible but yeah, looked decent because he played with his head up and ran forwards as opposed to channelling Cleverley's fucking "what's the time Mr Wolf" act, neck craned down and back facing opposition goal. Zaha too. Did fuck all when he came on but looked relatively positive enough for me not to add him to the shit list.

K1LLER7

ibfBhP4fcf0oux.gif

One of the few times our attack had great movement. Actually, that usually only happens on counters. It's woeful whenever we have the majority of the possession in the opponent's half. The attackers need to start making runs towards the right edge of the box. The reserve players did that and Januzaj always found them. There were a couple of times in the Everton and Newcastle game that Adnan was looking for that pass, but nobody made that run.
I think Adnan on the wing and Shinji behind the striker would work well. Shinji usually finds himself in small pockets of space around the box but none of the players look to pass it to him and instead go out wide. As you say Adnan looks to play the ball around there so it could work well.

GorillaJu

OddMorsel, what are the hotels like in Japan? Would I be more likely to find cheap/budget hotels or are they generally expensive?

Both are available and it depends on where you want to stay. Rooms are invariably small but the price can be anywhere from £50-80 per night to of course 10, 20 times that amount.

I have stayed in tiny rooms that were cheap and nice enough but I've also stayed in a huge Ryokan room that was only 130-ish a night and included dinner, a ski lift pass and hot springs.

spa01.png

That's the view from one of the hot springs (there are 5 or so) ... Holy hell it was magnificent.

Good deals can be had.

wedward

The Barkley hype is getting out of hand about as quickly as the Wilshere hype did. I imagine it will all come back to earth after the World Cup.

Lightning

Banned
The Barkley hype is getting out of hand about as quickly as the Wilshere hype did. I imagine it will all come back to earth after the World Cup.
Always happens. At least the Townsend hype died quickly.

Barkley does look good though. Has now performed against Liverpool, United and Arsenal so big game player in the making but still long way to go.

K1LLER7

Both are available and it depends on where you want to stay. Rooms are invariably small but the price can be anywhere from £50-80 per night to of course 10, 20 times that amount.

I have stayed in tiny rooms that were cheap and nice enough but I've also stayed in a huge Ryokan room that was only 130-ish a night and included dinner, a ski lift pass and hot springs.

spa01.png

That's the view from one of the hot springs (there are 5 or so) ... Holy hell it was magnificent.

Good deals can be had.
Wow that looks amazing O_O

Was asking because it relates to one of my assignments. Thanks for the info :)

K1LLER7

Things will get better

bND9jRj.gif

We might even crunch Shakhtar and Villa
Sal,

He's going to play Ashley Young over Januzaj tomorrow....
He'll play Welbeck as a striker....
Smalling will play at LB....
Cleverley will be outrun by a 40yr old Giggs....
Rio going to have a brain fart and we'll finish second....

Then we'll beat Bayern in the knockouts.

Salazar

Sal,

He's going to play Ashley Young over Januzaj tomorrow....
He'll play Welbeck as a striker....
Smalling will play at LB....
Cleverley will be outrun by a 40yr old Giggs....
Rio going to have a brain fart and we'll finish second....

Then we'll beat Bayern in the knockouts.

s1a3IVB.gif

wedward

Always happens. At least the Townsend hype died quickly.

Barkley does look good though. Has now performed against Liverpool, United and Arsenal so big game player in the making but still long way to go.

What lineup do you think we will see on Wednesday? I'd like:

-------Giroud
Rosicky Ozil Theo
--Flamini Arteta
Nacho Kos Per Jenks
-----Shz

Top Bottom