• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

sohois

That was edited in time. How could a mod know what was posted?

Is this perma shit confirmed or are you guys guessing wildly as normal?

mods can see edits. Not to mention pretty much everyone was losing it at the posts, it was fairly easy to infer what was posted.

Afer Dark begins
Implicit Wilbur gifs
Sleepless posts explicit Wilbur gif
Edits immediately
Everyone reacts
Argument about the virtues of Afer Dark
Mumei, tipped off by the gif reactions, looks at edit history and tells Sleepless he's on a warning in no uncertain terms
Another mod takes a different stance and bans Sleepless (perma), Wooden, Wilbur and Arnie

Is that about the size of it?

No idea why the latter 3 were banned, wonder if there's been any PM exchange or something

Final question for Sleepless: what the fuck were you thinking? Not so much an account suicide as an account Darwin Award nominee.

:(

edit: 6 months :O

Got my first 6 streetpasses by simply walking past McDonalds on the way home earlier :D

Think I need to streetpass with people who have played Bravely Default for the town-building, unfortunately, but it was pretty cool to get my first Miis in the plaza

Carbonox

*comes back in to see the fallout of last night*

49157-george-takei-oh-my-gif-e64l.gif

Impressive stuff.

I'd love to see Joao Carlos get some minutes. High hopes for him.

Apparently Brentford sent himback from a loan literally days into it. Hopefully it was just a case of both parties accepting that they're not in a position to play an untested youngster, rather than any poorness on his part

It would be nice to have our CM worries alleviated by an inexpensive youth prospect though, rather than blowing £10m on a waster like M'Vila

sohois

Apparently Brentford sent himback from a loan literally days into it. Hopefully it was just a case of both parties accepting that they're not in a position to play an untested youngster, rather than any poorness on his part

It would be nice to have our CM worries alleviated by an inexpensive youth prospect though, rather than blowing £10m on a waster like M'Vila

No, Liverpool took him back, he wasn't sent back.

Tegris

Rodgers presumably wants two central midfielders on the bench, so Teixeira seems like the right choice given that he'd ideally be playing first team football anyway. I'd love to see Alberto start as I think he'd be able to press Sandro/Dembele well, but seeing as it's Spurs I think BR will want a more experienced first team:

Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan; Lucas, Allen; Sterling, Coutinho, Moses; Suarez. Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Alberto, Teixeira, Aspas.

Walshy

We took him back didn't we?

It would be good for him to get involved, just a wasted talent otherwise. He's miles better than everyone on the pitch whenever he plays in the u21s. Way too good for that level.

sohois

Strange. Either Brentford made a complete balls-up of inserting a clause to prevent that happening, or they were unoppposed to it

It was a short term loan, not a season long one I believe, so there are different rules regarding cancellations and recalls I think.

In any case, I do believe Bradford may have simply ballsed up, apparently Tex was brought in by some DoF but the manager didn't really want him and this happened with several other loans, leading to Bradford fans worried that they have ended any chance of getting good loans in the future. At least that's what I recall reading

GorillaJu

Rodgers presumably wants two central midfielders on the bench, so Teixeira seems like the right choice given that he'd ideally be playing first team football anyway. I'd love to see Alberto start as I think he'd be able to press Sandro/Dembele well, but seeing as it's Spurs I think BR will want a more experienced first team:

Mignolet; Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho, Flanagan; Lucas, Allen; Sterling, Coutinho, Moses; Suarez. Subs: Jones, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Alberto, Teixeira, Aspas.

I'd rather play Alberto on the right with Cou in the playmaker role and Sterling on the left or vice versa

FootballFan

Hitcher and Sviat keep me company in these tough times.

Don't think I can handle this thread with no Barca fans, full of Benfica Porto Sporting Madrid fans and now the entertainment banned.

To make it worse, plug returns soon.

It was a short term loan, not a season long one I believe, so there are different rules regarding cancellations and recalls I think.

In any case, I do believe Bradford may have simply ballsed up, apparently Tex was brought in by some DoF but the manager didn't really want him and this happened with several other loans, leading to Bradford fans worried that they have ended any chance of getting good loans in the future. At least that's what I recall reading

We could do with a team to send our inbetweeners to, ala Udinese and Watford. Accrington Stanley mayhaps? :p

@FF, I'm too boring and middle of the road to get banned, here to stay bruv

Hitcher and Sviat keep me company in these tough times.

Don't think I can handle this thread with no Barca fans, full of Benfica Porto Sporting Madrid fans and now the entertainment banned.

To make it worse, plug returns soon.
I knew we had to pay a price to get Andres back. You must take life to give life.

Cheer up though, Loko are in first for at least 3 more months!

dc89

3DS Bros - go update your systems and you can access MiiVerse.
WiiU & 3DS Bros - you can unify your e-shop balances.

@fans of leagues with winter breaks that don't function as the main off-season period

How do you have your fixtures organised to prevent massive fixture congestion during the season? Obviously in Spain you have one less cup competition than us, so do you have a few midweek matches throughout the season?

@dc, my 3DS failed to connect to my access point when I tried updating, even though it was already connected to the internet :s

sohois

We could do with a team to send our inbetweeners to, ala Udinese and Watford. Accrington Stanley mayhaps? :p

@FF, I'm too boring and middle of the road to get banned, here to stay bruv

Well, we've had pretty good luck with Blackpool so far. However most other English loans have been crap, whilst Suso,, Adorjan and Hodzic are all having very good loans. Wouldn't be surprised to see far more loans overseas in future. In fact, seems like Almeria could be a pretty good choice for such a role, assuming they are relegated for next season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Romanian press are saying Chiriches will be OK to play Liverpool, just had a bruised knee.

I'm curious to see who we play in midfield, both Holtby and Paulinho played very well against Sunderland. Presumably Dembele and Sandro will start.

5fdbe32c610511e39e5e1287d49667f6_8.jpg

Walker prepares for starring role in Miami Vice reboot.

Jack cw

Good god what happened last night?
6 months for Wooden and Sleepless is permabanned? wtf?.... I really started to like those cunts :(
Wow, so this is now Bayern and Juve gaf taking over...

Top Bottom