• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Clegg

Quite simply he's being used as a buffer manager. A stabiliser until a better manager comes around.

I guess my thought is that anyone after Fergie was going to look shit with this team, so get someone in who can be steady if unspectacular then move him on when he unsurprisingly doesn't meet the clubs standards of winning things. After which the memory of Fergie has faded somewhat and you bring in your big manager who can only seem a success after what has preceded with Moyes.

Just some thoughts I had when Moyes was announced really.
Would they have given him a 6 year contract if that were the case?

Linius can you for sure get tickets to that Ajax game? And how much is it likely to cost so I can budget.

I want to book the flights and hotel next week if you can 100% get the tickets.

dc89

BbI0eR8IAAASxfl.jpg:medium

Meier

So City need to win by at least 3 tonight to win the group? Time for a Spurs-esque battering.

(This might be remotely possible if it were at the Etihad but given the battering they gave us there, I am terrified about this one)

Lightning

Banned
So City need to win by at least 3 tonight to win the group? Time for a Spurs-esque battering.
Aren't you sending over your B team? You are going to be another statistic on Bayern's record. Just another team hammered home and away on Bayern's run to glory.

Hixx

I've lost all of my BF3 skills :(

Not a huge fan of the maps so far, not enough chokepoints

If you are playing the objective you don't need choke points

There's plenty of killing to be had on pretty much all the maps

or just play operation lockdown or whatever the fuck its called. worst map

I really, really hate the maps.

Maybe BF3's maps actually benefited from DICE going for the awkward player count middle-ground between PC and consoles

Paracel Storm looks awesome when the storm begins tho

Soldier progression is more obtuse than I could have imagined

Level unlocks
Challenge unlocks
Kit progression unlocks
Weapon-specific unlocks
Vehicle unlocks
Battlepack unlocks

They could learn a lot from CoD tbh, they've always made it incredibly intuitive to see what you have to do to unlock what, how close you are to unlocking things etc

Meier

Aren't you sending over your B team? You are going to be another statistic on Bayern's record. Just another team hammered home and away on Bayern's run to glory.

Yeah, Pellegrini admitted the Arsenal game was probably more important. I don't know for sure who isn't playing but I did see that Toure is definitely not.

Meier

City EDS are through to the Round of 16 in the UEFA Youth (Champions) League. Drew 0-0 with Bayern today.. we beat them 6-0 last time, so maybe the lack of goals today will help the Senior team. :p

Kikarian

Maybe BF3's maps actually benefited from DICE going for the awkward player count middle-ground between PC and consoles

Paracel Storm looks awesome when the storm begins tho

Soldier progression is more obtuse than I could have imagined

Level unlocks
Challenge unlocks
Kit progression unlocks
Weapon-specific unlocks
Vehicle unlocks
Battlepack unlocks

They could learn a lot from CoD tbh, they've always made it incredibly intuitive to see what you have to do to unlock what, how close you are to unlocking things etc
Yeah, they make it pretty complicated to see what you're unlocking/unlocked and how to unlock it or how you unlocked it.

The maps themselves are good from a visual aspect, but when comes to intuitiveness it just isn't there.

jtb

Banned
if City finish 2nd in their CL group and Arsenal finish 1st in theirs, Arsenal-City can't be a possible draw for the first knockout round, right?

if City finish 2nd in their CL group and Arsenal finish 1st in theirs, Arsenal-City can't be a possible draw for the first knockout round, right?

Not until the quarters, no.

Really enjoying AC 4 now that the map's opened up and I'm able to sail around the world doing piratey things.

Lightning

Banned
Not possible.

If City finish second they can only draw Barcelona, Atletico, Madrid or PSG next round. No one else.

Kassu

Banned
Weird how everyone has so different opinions about BF4. I think it is the best Battlefield yet and almost all the maps are really good and fun to play. Operation Locker is bad though, reminds me too much about Metro which is another horrible map.

Also will watch Gala-Juve today, forza Juve

Baki

Podolski back in training? Will we see him tomorrow night against Napoli?

Not possible.

If City finish second they can only draw Barcelona, Atletico, Madrid or PSG next round. No one else.

It'll be so sweet if we finish on-top of the group of death. Everyone wrote us off as soon as we drew that group. People even wrote us off when we drew Fenerbace! HAHAHAHAHAHAH WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH NOW BITCCHESSSSSSSSSSS

Weird how everyone has so different opinions about BF4. I think it is the best Battlefield yet and almost all the maps are really good and fun to play. Operation Locker is bad though, reminds me too much about Metro which is another horrible map.

Also will watch Gala-Juve today, forza Juve
Operation Locker is just 64 people standing in that big middle circle whilst all hell breaks loose. Shotgun city in there.

Any examples? Because pretty much all the infantry focused maps in the release version of BF3 were broken in some way. Bazaar was probably the only one that really worked most of the time.

Kassu

Banned
Operation Locker is just 64 people standing in that big middle circle whilst all hell breaks loose. Shotgun city in there.
Haven't played it with PC/PS4 versions yet but it was already bad enough on PS3 as well. My PS4 arrives tomorrow, maybe I'll try it once for laughs. :D

Any examples? Because pretty much all the infantry focused maps in the release version of BF3 were broken in some way. Bazaar was probably the only one that really worked most of the time.

I liked the battles in the big tunnel (forget what the map was called) and really liked the map with the oil refinery because of the tank battles on the roads and various paths to sneak through. My favourite map was the most bland one oddly enough, I can't even desribe it properly.

Didn't like Metro or Docks at all.

I never played them with 64 players so perhaps they were shite like that, but the bigger scale has not really grabbed me yet in BF4. Hopefully it will as I carry on playing

Top Bottom