• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Fergie

Banned
OmuFyqL.jpg

Is football
GAF
dead?

haha, I have been trying to look through the thread to find out. What happened exactly?

Someone posted pictures of someones balls or something?

At least Yurt and Zabo are still here. i am gonna get a few hours in and come back for the game Forza Juve!!!!!!!

Jack cw

dat tom starke

Guardiola still suffers from the broken nose. I'm pretty confident that Starke will play against Dortmund in the league. We should have a 35 points lead until then.

Woooohoooo match time soon. I love CL with Bayern and I was able to extend my fucking SKY subscription with all HD feeds for another 2 years....

Right caught up. Quite a healthy dollop of drama. Who is streaming what, fancy sitting back doing sweet F A now I've done my work.

---

Hitch, just talk to your friend. Honestly it's the easiest thing to do. I was gutted when I began to realised when one of my best mates was adamantly homophobic, and trust me it's 1000 times harder for me lol. I just had a "deep" chat with him and we kind of came to an agreement, although I do talk to him less than I did.

Obviously I am not the biggest fan of homophobes, but speaking frankly with them I find tend to helps.

Ah, so you are gay :p

I was wondering when you said BF a couple of days ago but didn't want to ask in case you thought I was victimising you :D

Are people generally pretty accepting of it?

L1NETT

I'm with you. This is going to be amazing. The trailer was just so good.

Witcher 3 is 2014. Cyberpunk is too far away to get excited.

Ah, so you are gay :p

I was wondering when you said BF a couple of days ago but didn't want to ask in case you thought I was victimising you :D

Are people generally pretty accepting of it?

Er yeah people are generally cool. Had a bit of flak but you learn to deal with it, and you sift through the idiots pretty early in life.

Blablurn

Guardiola still suffers from the broken nose. I'm pretty confident that Starke will play against Dortmund in the league. We should have a 35 points lead until then.

Woooohoooo match time soon. I love CL with Bayern and I was able to extend my fucking SKY subscription with all HD feeds for another 2 years....

2 more titles in hd !

Clegg

If it's the theory about the Glazer's giving Moyes a smaller budget to work with because hes proven capable of building good teams that way then I don't wanna hear it.

L1NETT

Anyone here from the London area? Could do with advice for any cheap hotels or hostels?

Cheap in London is an oxymoron.

Best bet is to stay slightly outside the manically priced city centre and surrounding bits and just take the train in. Depends what you are there for/and where abouts in London.

I look forward to playing The Witcher 3 on PS4 and it not looking as good as that gif.

If I save up for the next 40 years I can afford a computer which can run the menu screen.

Still gonna shape up well on PS4 hopefully, they made Witcher 2 look decent on the ancient 360.

Hindle

Banned

Best bet is to stay slightly outside the manically priced city centre and surrounding bits and just take the train in. Depends what you are there for/and where abouts in London.

You ever been dude? If so, recommend me the place where you stayed as I'm preferably looking for first hand experience.

If I save up for the next 40 years I can afford a computer which can run the menu screen.

Still gonna shape up well on PS4 hopefully, they made Witcher 2 look decent on the ancient 360.
40 years for 700 odd quid? You should look for a new job.

bjaelke

What did they say?

They entertain the thought that Moyes was deliberately hired to be a failure because no one could successfully succeed SAF - it was a poisonous chalice - thus the next manager would have an easier time at club.

Moyes is just a patsy in the overall scheme set up by Woodward and co.

Into

I am glad the Juve Army is still here! Still strong!

Tonight gentlemen, we dine together, thanksgiving is coming this year to Yurop as we devour Turkey...

Tc91

Whoa! Just for those gifs of Arnie?

Hey Meier,

I watched The Class of 92 the other day and there's a bit in it from Gary Neville talking about the boom of Manchester in the late 90's coming up to the CL final vs Bayern.

He starts talking about Oasis and The Stone Roses, he says he had a union jack guitar which he sent off to Noel Gallagher to get signed, when he got it back it said:

"To Gary, how many England caps do you deserve? I'll tell you, 0. Lots of love, Noel." with MCFC all over the guitar haha.

Cunt.

Come on you have to elaborate now.

If it's the theory about the Glazer's giving Moyes a smaller budget to work with because hes proven capable of building good teams that way then I don't wanna hear it.

Quite simply he's being used as a buffer manager. A stabiliser until a better manager comes around.

I guess my thought is that anyone after Fergie was going to look shit with this team, so get someone in who can be steady if unspectacular then move him on when he unsurprisingly doesn't meet the clubs standards of winning things. After which the memory of Fergie has faded somewhat and you bring in your big manager who can only seem a success after what has preceded with Moyes.

Just some thoughts I had when Moyes was announced really.

bjaelke

Copenhagen's youth team currently up 3-2 against Real Madrid. Surely not a sign of things to come?

Zidane's son Enzo has been mighty impressive but he's surrounded by Mediocrity (on both sides).

Meier

Hey Meier,

I watched The Class of 92 the other day and there's a bit in it from Gary Neville talking about the boom of Manchester in the late 90's coming up to the CL final vs Bayern.

He starts talking about Oasis and The Stone Roses, he says he had a union jack guitar which he sent off to Noel Gallagher to get signed, when he got it back it said:

"To Gary, how many England caps do you deserve? I'll tell you, 0. Lots of love, Noel." with MCFC all over the guitar haha.

Cunt.
Hahaha, I knew about the MCFC stuff but didn't hear the other bit. Brilliant. He's the fucking best.

Just read back a few pages and looks like people were trying to organise some 5-a-side in Sheffield.

Is this still a thing? I'm game if so.

This is still a thing. I'm going to pick a date when the Premier League games have been announced for March. The Tv games still haven't been moved so I want to pick a date where everyone is happy to see a game at a pub!

Top Bottom