• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If we crash out, you can forget about buying decent players in the summer. Marry would you use this as an excuse FOR SURE

The first one. They have a season-defining game this weekend

@KidA, I think we need to show him that we're in a position to fight for the title next season with a good transfer window or two. Finishing 4th, 15 points off the top won't be enough I fear

He should be winning things, not hoping to finish 4th. Merely playing in the CL is below his level imo, he's good enough to play for a team that can win it.

I think if you guys get 4th and a midfielder he'll stay. Coutinho, Suso, Sterling, etc... will all be more experienced and most likely better next season.

Zabojnik

If we crash out, you can forget about buying decent players in the summer. Marry would you use this as an excuse FOR SURE

Which is why we're buying Nainggolan. He'll replace Pogba and/or Vidal. Just according to Marry's keikaku.

DOOM. GLOOM. DEATH.

bobito

Banned

@KidA, I think we need to show him that we're in a position to fight for the title next season with a good transfer window or two. Finishing 4th, 15 points off the top won't be enough I fear

He should be winning things, not hoping to finish 4th. Merely playing in the CL is below his level imo, he's good enough to play for a team that can win it.

I think it's down to what Real Madrid do to a large degree.

Baki

Like Arsenal.

But seriously, you guys have enough firepower. You don't need Suarez. You need to invest in your midfield instead.

LTWheels

It's ok Wheels, next season Liverpool will return to the big stage.

And be unseeded and get destroyed in a group of Shakhtar, Barca and Monaco :'(

I'll take it.
Moral Victors

If we can get Suarez to signa new contract, I will be very, very confident going into the future. As good as Sturridge is, I just can't see him sustaining his form in the top pantheon of PL strikers

The biggest problem with Sturridge is that he is so injury prone.

I think it's down to what Real Madrid do to a large degree.

Hopefully there's something to the theory that they're not interested, backed up by the complete lack of insider reports. And let's be honest, they hardly keep it a secret when they have a target set.

I'd rather he went to any foreign club rather than Madrid. Napoli pls. £25m+Higuain pls :p

Whatever we do, we cannot let him move to an English club unless we get a ridiculous offer, like £70m. I'd honestly be delighted if we smashed our wage structure for him, he's too good to not pull out all the stops

Pog vs Drog

Top Bottom