• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

bjaelke

Me too. Copenhagen are proper rubbish and the bald fella in charge is a bint

oh-stop-u.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I still find it hard to believe as professional footballers that Smalling and Buttner cant cross the ball, even with all the time in the world, they seldom ever get past hte first man.

Like Arsenal.

But seriously, you guys have enough firepower. You don't need Suarez. You need to invest in your midfield instead.

We does

yet you finished 7th.

edit: behind Rafa's Chelsea.

and AVB's Spurs.

Finishing the season in decent form changes the outlook completely. In 09/10 we got a number of points that'd be acceptable this season. It was such a comedown though, and there was so much shite going on off the pitch, it was frightening. And everyone knew that H+G, with Purslow in tow, were just looking for an oppurtunity to sack Rafa. It was terrible.

Then Hodgson came in, and everyone pretended to be optimistic, optimism that was crushed within 5 games as we embarassed ourselves every week, with H+G still threatening the security of the club, and an endless barrage of poor decisions being made at every level.

H+G were replaced with FSG, Kenny steadied the ship and made us genuinely optimistic for 5 months, but the nightmare combination of Kenny, Commoli and a British-focussed, Moneyball-based transfer policy stopped us in our tracks and put us back by about 2 years.

Rodgers isn't perfect, but I'm satisfied with him at the helm, and we showed enough as a team last season to be optimistic going into this. We're slowly on the way up, and have been since January, and that's good enough for me considering the fact that we don't have oligarchs or Sheikhs bankrolling us, and the changes that had to be made at all levels to get the club running sufficiently again.

Gambit

Ribery is ON tonight.

He probably (falsely) thinks he still has a shot at the ballon d'or.

If it keeps him motivated, though, it's fine by me.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
A Buttner Young Left side partnership is about as toothless as it gets

Top Bottom