• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

#MoyesIn?

moyeseyesx9cmx.gif

(made lovingly by our dear absent Wooden)

Russian league is all that matters anyway. EL ends up being the competition where CL losers battle it out, it's basically a loser's cup. CSKA are just keeping their honor and dignity.

They have no chance in the league. That's what makes it funny. Getting an EL spot is the best they can do.

Suen

I think it's brilliant. The tone f he story is similar to FF9 which is obv a good thing.

The job system is a lot more intriguing than I'd first thought. You can mix and match abilities to create new attacks. Its pretty nifty.

Its absolutely gorgeous for a 3ds game too.
Is the style and atmosphere more like old jrpgs or does it feel too modern? If it's like FF9 I'd expect it to be more like psx jrpgs. Bravely and DQ 7 would be enough for me to want to buy a 3DS.

I think it's brilliant. The tone f he story is similar to FF9 which is obv a good thing.

The job system is a lot more intriguing than I'd first thought. You can mix and match abilities to create new attacks. Its pretty nifty.

No problems with the Brave/Default system or town-building?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
City have some pretty damn key fixtures coming up before 5 away fixtures

12/14 Arsenal
12/21 @ Fulham
12/26 Liverpool
12/28 Palace

They're all matches they should win convincingly, they're setting up for a nice run of form.

LTWheels

Yeah, it seems like its a mix of ff9 and 5.

Clegg

No problems with the Brave/Default system or town-building?
No problems with the B/D system. It adds a layer of strategy to it.

Town building seems to be a bit gimmicky tho. You can get by without building it. Sure you get access to weapons and armour you can't buy elsewhere, but they're not really essential to get.

Suen

They have no chance in the league. That's what makes it funny. Getting an EL spot is the best they can do.
Some of you will lose at least two games while they will keep winning, bookmark this post.

My random-based-on-nothing predictions of RL:

CSKA
Spartak
Lokomotiv
Rubin
Dynamo
Zenit.

Gazprom is not on your side this season.

Some of you will lose at least two games while they will keep winning, bookmark this post.

My random-based-on-nothing predictions of RL:

CSKA
Spartak
Lokomotiv
Rubin
Dynamo
Zenit.

Gazprom is not on your side this season.
I know you're trolling but Rubin are 16 points behind us with only 11 games left...

bjaelke

Ben Lyttleton ‏@benlyt 3m
Pellegrini tells Sky he would have brought on Aguero had MCFC scored a fourth goal. Did he know they only needed one more to finish top?

It is trolling but why wouldn't CSKA be able to catch up? They aren't that far behind you.

They're in 5th, 6 points back, have a harder schedule remaining that anyone above them, have injury problems, squad conflicts, no money to buy anyone in January, etc

The BBC will show England's first group match against Italy on 14 June, after the split of live matches for the World Cup in Brazil was announced.
ITV will screen England's games against Uruguay and Costa Rica, and the opener between Brazil and Croatia on 12 June.

Suen

They're in 5th, 6 points back, have a harder schedule remaining that anyone above them, have injury problems, squad conflicts, no money to buy anyone in January, etc
I didn't know about their squad injury and schedule lol. That Honda money will save them
it won't

Suen

This match is played in the middle of the day. I doubt they'll show a rerun at night instead of the scheduled matches.
This kinda feels unfair to Juve though (and Gala I suppose) considering they have their leagues to think of as well. I don't get it....the pictures show some snow but how hard could it have been to remove it and resume the game? Also did no one check the weather forecast? If they said there was a big chance for heavy snowing something should have been done about it.

Suen we're poor, remember?
Milan just went downwards after Ibra and Silva left :/

Gambit

It was a great LvG homage. dat pep

Absolutely. But, as I said, I am glad it happened now, where the consequences are negligible.

Despite Boateng's really bad mistake I'd say Dante was exposed even more today. As likable as Dante is, I really, really hope Badstuber will take that place again.

Also, forgot to say it before: everytime I hear Negredo I actually hear Rubedo and Albedo as well. Anyone?

Salvadora

He also said that Fergie praising him for "covering every blade of grass" was akin to praising the postman for delivering mail.

Muppet.

wedward

Raphael Honigstein ‏@honigstein 5m
Can't believe Pellegrini didn't know 4-2 would have been enough. Truly incredible.

The Engineer, folks.

oh shiiiiiiiit right. I forgot that I laughed about CSKA not selling him but then I don't know how much he's helped them this season. Maybe it was worth keeping him.

They thought they could make money by keeping Honda and helping them winning some games in the CL for dat money. That certainly worked out well for them, lol.

Moscow clubs are all a fucking joke. CSKA and Spartak eliminated from Europe already, Dinamo and Loko never even qualified.

Elchele

Absolutely. But, as I said, I am glad it happened now, where the consequences are negligible.

Despite Boateng's really bad mistake I'd say Dante was exposed even more today. As likable as Dante is, I really, really hope Badstuber will take that place again.

They are exposed because of Pep defensive tactics. This is not a matter of keep signing better and better players, but Pep having to rework the defensive part of the game (completely missing like in LvG days).

Badstuber would look like a clown in this system, like he did under LvG.

Top Bottom