• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wasn't he supported to have resumed his training with the team?
>
Mario Gomez “is not expected to return to action soon” as he still feels pain in his knee, said Fiorentina medics.

They buried him somewhere. Unmarked grave, most likely.

or marked 4-2, of course.

gomez-suit490ai_3.jpg

#PrayForGomez

wedward

To begin with we don't have many choices between in who we want to rest and in addition both games are really important. If we have a meltdown tomorrow we could be on our way out of CL but I believe Benitez will somehow screw it up. I'm just cautious after Napoli won against Dortmund at home.

We have given up 3 goals once this season. We will be fine. I think we will get a draw.

Suen

We have given up 3 goals once this season. We will be fine. I think we will get a draw.
I'd love to be that positive but United and Everton (no they aren't bad but I expected us to win at home) has removed some of that confidence. A draw seems plausible though.

wedward

To the people blaming The Engineer:

Blame the other staff too. There's enough of them. Besides, it's not the worst thing a City manager has done on the touch line. Once our manager had us playing for a draw, wasting time thinking it would save us from relegation, keeping it in the corners...then the fucking penny dropped.

Plus, it's the first time in UCL history that Bayern have lost from being 2-0 up at home. First time that's happened in any competition in 38 years.

Finally - no ones gonna want to draw us on the back of that performance. Every team will want to avoid Manchester City.

He is the manager for a reason. He takes the blame for everything. Although I don't see how passing the blame off to other staff changes anything. It was a colossal mistake.

Just continues to show that City aren't quite ready to be a BIG CLUB.

Elchele

Enough with the shitting on Badstuber. Jupp, go in the corner of shame, no cookies for you.

Badstuber > Dante

That's like saying

Gomez > Lewa.

pls

Badstuber is a joke player, he only got to feature in Bayern because van Gaal sold our best CB, he wanted a player CB with good passing and left footed. But as a defender, he's absolutely shit. He can't even make a header ffs.

Can't remember how many times he felt into the ground when following an attacker.

He is the manager for a reason. He takes the blame for everything. Although I don't see how passing the blame off to other staff changes anything. It was a colossal mistake.

Just continues to show that City aren't quite ready to be a BIG CLUB.

Heh, you're reaching. They beat Bayern at home, they're doing fine I'd reckon.

I'm legitimately shocked they won. What the fuck was that.

wedward

I'd love to be that positive but United and Everton (no they aren't bad but I expected us to win at home) has removed some of that confidence. A draw seems plausible though.

If we lose to Napoli by 3 goals we don't deserve to be in the CL.

Barzul

So Arse-GAF, what team do you think we'll put out tomorrow? I think Ramsey gets a rest and Flamini comes in, but that'll be the only change from the weekend.

Salvadora

So Arse-GAF, what team do you think we'll put out tomorrow? I think Ramsey gets a rest and Flamini comes in, but that'll be the only change from the weekend.
Cazorla and Ramsey were evidently exhausted against Everton, they definitely need a rest.

Bring Monreal in for Gibbs.

Elchele

I watched a episode from the third season of Homeland yesterday on TV.

Carrie got even worse, thank God I stopped watching that shit

wedward

After Wenger's comments today I expect:

---------Giroud
Rosicky Ozil Theo
Flamini Arteta
Gibbs kos Per Jenks
----------SHZZ

Barzul

I watched a episode from the third season of Homeland yesterday on TV.

Carrie got even worse, thank God I stopped watching that shit

Haven't been following it, but heard this season has been terrible in comparison to the previous ones. The Mentalist has been filling my Homeland void.

Zabojnik

Haven't been following it, but heard this season has been terrible in comparison to the previous ones. The Mentalist has been filling my Homeland void.

You've heard wrong. S3 is actually much better than S2. Pretty much everyone shares that opinion.

wedward

Think the Arsenal team will be:

SCZCSZSZS; Jenkinson, BFG, Bossicenly, Monreal; Arteta, Flamini; Walcott, Ozil, Rosicky; Giroud.

I could see Wilshere play instead of Walcott or Rosicky, but honestly have no clue.

I'd like to see Theo get 65+ minutes. It would be great to have him in form for City or Chelsea.

Dutch TV just said that Dutch legend and one true God Clarence Seedorf will be the Milan head coach next season.

MilanGAF, you have my sword.

aaaa7wlgb.gif

Seedorf is going to big-dick our locker room. Constant will start playing like Roberto Carlos and Muntari will be a doppleganger for Zidane after Sir Clarence gets in their heads.

Can't wait for him to take over. I should buy a Seedorf jersey next year.

Barzul

You've heard wrong. S3 is actually much better than S2. Pretty much everyone shares that opinion.

Hmm I'll wait till it's over then I'll binge watch. I'm watching The White Queen right now, anybody seen it? I just got done with the pilot, which was ok.

Top Bottom