• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Unfair to Madrid-gaf :/
so I hear you like getting banned, so we banned you while being banned.

tDL292p_Yo-Dawg_Xzibit_meme.jpg

Fergie

Banned
What a weird situation.

So same teams as well? Gonna have to watch this something gonna go wrong.

"If the referee decides to abandon the match, for example because the field is unfit for play, the remaining match time must be played the next day, unless the case is referred to the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body. If, for reasons beyond control, the match cannot be replayed the next day, the UEFA administration will take a final decision.
For the remaining time of the match to be played the next day, or on another date set by the UEFA administration, the following principles apply:
a) the match sheet may contain any of the eligible players who were on the list of 23 players when the match was abandoned, with the exception of players substituted or sent off during the abandoned match. The players who were in play at the time the match was abandoned may not be included on the match sheet as substitutes when the match is resumed;
b) any sanctions imposed before the match was abandoned remain valid for the remainder of the match;
c) players sent off during the abandoned match cannot be replaced and the number of players in the starting lineup remains as it was when the match was abandoned;
d) the teams can make only the number of substitutions to which they were still entitled when the match was abandoned."

Gambit

Just saw an interview with Müller. Apparently Pellegrini was not the only one who can't caculate.

Müller complained that his teammates didn't know what would happen with just one more goal and all the defenders went forward at a corner. He had already started "wasting time" at that point and simply tried keeping the ball from the opposition.

As always Müller proves to be one of the few smart footballers.

Jack cw

Just saw an interview with Müller. Apparently Pellegrini was not the only one who can't caculate.

Müller complained that his teammates didn't know what would happen with just one more goal and all the defenders went forward at a corner. He had already started "wasting time" at that point and simply tried keeping the ball from the opposition.

As always Müller proves to be one of the few smart footballers.

If his first touch with the ball would be as great as his intelligence he would be the best player ever. But he is right in what he says. Last year there was a similar situtation in the ko stage when Arsenal won 2-0. The whole team stopped running and playing, and a quality squad like City beats us. Hopefully its a lesson to Bayern.

FootballFan

Is Barca really struggling that much without him? When will he come back btw and why are you getting your PS4 so late? Questions...

Last 3 games haven't been great otherwise been ok.

We've only had 3-4 players performing good enough and that's valdes, neymar, Sanchez and octopus. Bartra has alsobbeen pretty good actually.

Valdes is fucked with an injury. Alba and alves been injured too. Puyol is broken. Iniesta is shite. Xavi is slow. Pedro is inconsistent as can be. Messi is dead until January. Cesc and song don't belong. Pique has been dead since 2011. I don't even know where tello is.

So yeah lol. Not really a great time ATM but still gonna win CL.

As for ps4, they are all sold out here until February lol. I luckily managed to grab a 2nd shipment unit which come in on the 20th I believe.

Gambit

If his first touch with the ball would be as great as his intelligence he would be the best player ever. But he is right in what he says. Last year there was a similar situtation in the ko stage when Arsenal won 2-0. The whole team stopped running and playing, and a quality squad like City beats us. Hopefully its a lesson to Bayern.

Hope so, too. And agree on Müller's skill. His first touch is his biggest problem, at times. But I love him with all my Bayern heart.

Mario 3D world arrived.

Played 5 or 6 levels.

Wow

WiiU redeemed.

What a game.

It's fantastic, isn't it? It is just so much unrestrained fun. Also, Super Peach and cat Toad look too darn cute. Luigi is my number one, though.

Clegg

Are any United Bros left dissatisfied with last nights win? Yeah we stopped our losing streak and beat a half decent team in doing so. But that first half was amongst one of our worst all season and I've no clue how we didn't concede.

At least we're through to the last 16 and hopefully we'll get alright team. Need to get far in the competition.

Mastadon

Banned
I thought you were buying M'Vila?

M'Vila is one of those that have seemingly been available for a decent price for a long while, so you have to wonder why a bigger club haven't already picked him up.

I haven't seen much of him though, so who knows?

Edit: Ignore me, didn't realise he had left Rennes.

D_prOdigy

Are any United Bros left dissatisfied with last nights win? Yeah we stopped our losing streak and beat a half decent team in doing so. But that first half was amongst one of our worst all season and I've no clue how we didn't concede.

At least we're through to the last 16 and hopefully we'll get alright team. Need to get far in the competition.

Really not too fussed about unimpressive wins in CL. Got to take it one game at a time.

Basically, we're going to win it

And fuck over whoever finishes 4th.

Chelsea.

First half was tear-inducingly bad. Giggs and Rio so clearly showing their age.

Shinji toiled a lot again.

Jones one-dimensional despite getting a goal. Cleverley slightly improved from the usual.

Young... Young.

Adnan, Roon and RVP are the only players I can really get excited for at the moment.

TeddyBoy

Oliver Kay for the Times saying that Liverpool want a box to box midfielder in Jan.

Very hard to find one, maybe Cabaye?

I'm not totally sure who's available, Cabaye wouldn't be too bad but would cost around £20 probably, quite a bit over market value.

M'Vila is one of those that have seemingly been available for a decent price for a long while, so you have to wonder why a bigger club haven't already picked him up.

I haven't seen much of him though, so who knows?

Edit: Ignore me, didn't realise he had left Rennes.

He did leave Rennes for Rubin Kazan, but he has numerous off the field issues so most clubs don't want to go near him as he'd just cause trouble (he was part of the French 2010 world cup squad that wouldn't play for their manager).

I doubt Liverpool would want him, he's good, but I don't think he's worth the hassle.

Fergie

Banned

Since we topped the group, I hope we get a somewhat manageable team.

I wasn't to displeased with the performance, playing crap is a given with how the team is now. I just hope United brings someone in Jan.

Rio and Buttner didn't help either. If Evra ain't playing, play Fabio pls.

Fabio and Rafael have enough experience to start any game. Attack-wise they offer so much as well. I just can't. We need them.

TeddyBoy

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Would want Matic over any of them though.

Here's the bit where Oliver Kay mentions it in his webchat:

Matic does look good, but he's in a fairly poor league. I don't follow Benfica in Europe so I'm a little wary if he would carry over his form into the PL.

In regards to Oliver Kay: I'm actually a little shocked he said that tbh, we signed Toure, Alberto and Aspas to improve the overall squad (or more specifically, to improve the bench). We had a relatively big squad when Rodgers arrived, but he has since removed all the players who don't have a part in the bigger picture (Downing, Shelvey Carroll) and has replaced them with ones who take up less wages and suite the style of football we are trying to play.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching Mourinhos presser before the game tonight and hes right, despite my misgivings at how shit we are doing this years Premier League is awesome, so much unpredictability, every game is like a cup final. Ironic this comes about when we are in the midst of match fixing allegations :p

Seems Honda will be wearing the N.10 jersey for Milan. Dat prestige.
I'm ready to pull the trigger on De Jong's shirt either today or tomorrow, but I'm still thinking about Honda.

I'm afraid he'll suck, I really am.
Much easily obtained in EL though. The problem is nobody cares about EL in Italy.
Usually they care until May and players are ready to kill their mothers for an EL spot. In June, though, it's just a meaningless trophy and it'll stay like that until April.

Top Bottom