• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Barzul

Someone point to an Arsenal GAF member calling Benitez "a fat Spanish waiter" in the run up to the match please, because I certainly didn't see it.

Hostility towards Benitez generally comes from a select set of supporters from certain clubs.

I certainly said we'd win, but I never called Benitez a Spanish waiter. I've only ever heard Chelsea and United fans (and not on here) use that term.

Linius

Not saying that we aren't shit, but this shitty Milan side was in 10 men vs an 11 men team. Ugly match, sure, but Ajax had quite a lot of chances and they wasted every single one.

If anything, tonight neither team was a CL level team.

<3 haters

Us not being on CL level football whatever that means maybe got something to do with the ten men wall around your sixteen...

Not saying you should do anything else with ten men, but it's awfully hard to find the space to score. Especially against a team like Milan, Italian teams are very good at this. The last 15 minutes had maybe three minutes of actual football.

Tactics aside, your players acted like a bunch of cunts with delaying and nasty fouls. And even the ball boys were acting up. Oh and Allegri is completely mental, what the fuck was he thinking when he pushed the ball out of the hands of one of our players.

Show me the receipts, and I'll join you on your crusade :p

Fair point on being disappointed in their efforts tonight, just not a fan of rubbing people's noses in it straight after the match

Just search Lightning's post history, can't be arsed to do so.

As much as I am annoyed by their level over overestimating Ozil (which sort of proved to be right by them frankly since he have been ripping the PL apart this seasons), I understand them getting excited since the haven't had this big of a signing.

As much as you may disagree with them, the fact that you have a bigger anger issue of him just tells of your problem with him rather than their excitement of him.

Get fucking over it!

I don't really hate Özil, but he still is a lazy fuck and the fact that Arsenal get offended by this is hilarious.

Lightning

Banned
Someone point to an Arsenal GAF member calling Benitez "a fat Spanish waiter" in the run up to the match please, because I certainly didn't see it.

Hostility towards Benitez generally comes from a select set of supporters from certain clubs.
Chelsea fans were the ones saying that, not us.

I was sure we would get what we needed from Napoli though. Very disappointing I never expected us to play that poorly.

wedward

I have noticed this a pretty common occurrence in this thread. Someone reads or hears something said outside of this thread by a group of fans and then for some reason claims that it was people in this thread who said it.

Milch probably read that shit on twitter or something and then decided to say the Arsenal fans in this thread said it.

Just search Lightning's post history, can't be arsed to do so.

I don't really hate Özil, but he still is a lazy fuck and the fact that Arsenal get offended by this is hilarious.

Lightning doesn't count tbf. He goes in the box with doicare, Lunchbox, PJX and justjohn where you have to disconnect him from their other fans lest you find yourself looking up molotov-techniques and their stadium address on Google :p

Elchele

Don't know how Schalke and Leverkusen managed to qualify for next round, they should be losing in EL.

Expect both of them to get shamed in the next round by any of the other teams
except Zenit

That will be fine. We'll go out and then focus on the PL top 4 like every year.

By the time the second leg of round 16 is over, 19th of March, I think the top 4 will be more or else decided.

You'll likely still have a healthy point count by then to put less pressure on some of the PL matches and focus on the FA Cup.

Why is there a higher chance for us to play Arsenal? No Arsenal please, thank you.

I have no idea, I like the odds though :p

jtb

Banned
remember when we finished top of our group two years ago, drew a shitty Milan side, and then crashed out of the CL? that was fun.

Supposedly Lamela may be loaned to Atletico in January. Interesting.

That would be interesting. He's not cup-tied for the CL either (I think).

faridmon

You do hate Ozil and Whether he is lazy or not doesn't have anything to do with his game changing quality. To get that excited about him is quite baffling, yes (at the time, since again, he is tearing the league apart) but to be called name s just for the excitement sake is also baffling.

Again, get fucking over it.

You are not right and you know it.

But they can go farther in EL and make more money. They have the talents to win it alongside Juve which means it would help them with the seedings for next year and they would not be placed in pot 4 anymore
I'd rather the team claw its way out of pot 4 against better teams in the CL than fight for scraps in the EL. To be fair, I might feel differently 9 months from now; but I'm having trouble finding a silver lining in being relegated to the EL right now.

faridmon

Lightning doesn't count tbf. He goes in the box with doicare, Lunchbox, PJX and justjohn where you have to disconnect him from their other fans lest you find yourself looking up molotov-techniques and their stadium address on Google :p

oh please

You are just saying that because he hate Liverpool
and rightfully so

can't damn a man to have a common sense.

jtb

Banned
By the time the second leg of round 16 is over, 19th of March, I think the top 4 will be more or else decided.

You'll likely still have a healthy point count by then to put less pressure on some of the PL matches and focus on the FA Cup.

I have no idea, I like the odds though :p

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost in the third round of the FA cup. AVB will probably need a result like that to save his job or something.

Messi

nRsn7Uy.gif

Can't wait for the repeat of this but with Lewadowski instead. Fucking hope we meet each other in the Quarters.

Hey you...meet me outside. I'll sort you out, put you in your box.

Yep. Honda was looking jealous of Shinji getting a lot of camera time due to United when he sees himself as the top dog of Japanese football. Milan is a way of him feeling more important than before. Inter even has that prestige in Japan. In every japanese video, you see comments like "INTER NAGATOMO" over and over again.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Im glad Dortmund and Arsenal are both through. The world needs more teams that develop their own players. Teams like PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City are the equivalent of a 12 year old kid playing fifa and using a trainer for unlimited cash. Zero soul, barely any country native players and just throwing money at all of their problems.

You do hate Ozil and Whether he is lazy or not doesn't have anything to do with his game changing quality. To get that excited about him is quite baffling, yes (at the time, since again, he is tearing the league apart) but to be called name s just for the excitement sake is also baffling.

Again, get fucking over it.

You are not right and you know it.
Are you honestly calling me out for calling Özil a twat? Seriously? Come the fuck on.

Also, I would have no problem with saying that I hate Özil, he played for Schlacke, everyone would understand. But I just don't hate him, surprisingly.

faridmon

Shouldn't Lamela stay in England to learn the language?

Spurs pls.

No. what they should do is play him. I honestly don't know what AVB is thinking.

The guy is talented enough, just use him. I actually think the poor guy is scare of doing mistakes just because of his price tag.

Just loan him to us. We are gonna mould him into a proper player.

Fergie

Banned
No. what they should do is play him. I honestly don't know what AVB is thinking.

The guy is talented enough, just use him. I actually think the poor guy is scare of doing mistakes just because of his price tag.

Isn't he also struggling because he can't speak English? I'm just saying keep him in England.

I don't think teams want to strengthen Everton further LOOOL. Would be awesome if he went to Everton though.

Is there a limit to players you can loan within the same league? If there is one, I'm guessing it's 3 and you're on 2 right now

faridmon

Are you honestly calling me out for calling Özil a twat? Seriously? Come the fuck on.

You shat a whole fanbase just you think someone is a twat?

I do think Moyes is a twat, do I shit on Man U fans? I do think Suarez is a Twat as well, do I swear all the time? I do think Bayern are the worse human beings on earth and thier fans are being twats, do I shit on them here? no, just because I assume some level of coherence here on Gaf

Grow up.

So now that Zenit is on winter break I would like to officially announced my support for EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB until the Russian League resumes. I will watch their games, slurp off Martinez and hate on their rivals. You're welcome EPL, I've come to save your shitty league and raise the bantz level.

Elchele

Im glad Dortmund and Arsenal are both through. The world needs more teams that develop their own players. Teams like PSG, Chelsea and Manchester City are the equivalent of a 12 year old kid playing fifa and using a trainer for unlimited cash. Zero soul, barely any country native players and just throwing money at all of their problems.

:lol

Average homegrown players per game.
BY2846nCUAAs2uP.jpg

pls

Top Bottom