• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Barzul

Bit harsh really, he wasn't at fault for either of the goals.

The players didn't care about winning that game as much as they did for previous ones. You could see it in their body language. I almost think we began underestimating Napoli, thinking they were never going to score.

Excuse my lateness.

NEYMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This is a cruel thing to wish for. I've done nothing to deserve such strong animosity from you.

No one cares about Benitez. Parma killed his season.

It's not animosity. It's hilarious. We already got Real to play Juve. We need another one of you multiple team cunts to suffer.

Baki

Yeah but we'd getting for league games, keep Giroud fresh for CL. We're not going to get any decent forward who isn't cup-tied, unless we go pure youth. And I'm not sure I want another experiment, i.e. Sanogo.

Hmm...Definitely a better option than Pato I guess. Suarez is the only world class forward that isn't cup-tied.

What about Jackson Martinez?

unless Mou grabs him first

Hmm. This might be a good option.

That's a good shout but I don't see us spending over 20m in Jan which we'll probably need to do to get Martinez. How has he been this season? He was banging in the goals last season.
According to Wikipedia, 10 goals in 15 matches (all competition) as of 4 weeks ago, so pretty good. If it weren't for the cup tie I think Stevan Jovetic would be another good player for you guys. Shame that he gets injured so much. :(

Suen

It's a weird feeling communing with the dead.
image.php

Barzul

According to Wikipedia, 10 goals in 15 matches (all competition) as of 4 weeks ago, so pretty good. If it weren't for the cup tie I think Stevan Jovetic would be another good player for you guys. Shame that he gets injured so much. :(

I forgot Jovetic even existed, is he injured?

Fuck off you rotten pos.

I follow and enjoy EPL, pulga "hates" it. We follow the same league so you should treat me like a brother, not like an enemy.

Mumei pls.

This has nothing to do with league loyalty or picking a fight with someone from another league. :lol

I really don't care about any of that stuff. I just think it would be hilarious to see you pick a team. Pulga got off easy. It was the group stage so he didn't really have to pick.

Suen

This has nothing to do with league loyalty or picking a fight with someone from another league. :lol

I really don't care about any of that stuff. I just think it would be hilarious to see you pick a team. Pulga got off easy. It was the group stage so he didn't really have to pick.
They won't meet. The goddess of football is on my side but I should prepare a plan in case it happens.

:lol fucking love that avatar

Slizz

I wonder if I had 3 options to pass a ball to score a for sure goal , or try and take a keeper one on one which one I'd choose....

I feel like I'd pass. Then I guess it depends on when the last time I scored a goal was.

Clegg

You can't expect players to have a great season if they weren't with their new club during pre-season.
That's not a good enough reason. In Fellaini's case he hasn't just failed to integrate into the team, he has also seen his own game disintegrate. His passing and first touch is much better than what we've seen at United.

I suppose Jovetic is just injury prone. No idea what is going on with Willian.

Fergie

Banned
You can't expect players to have a great season if they weren't with their new club during pre-season.
It took Javi a few months to get going last season because of it.
Tell it like it is Jupp.

Fellaini will come good. Probably doesn't fit in a 442. But I have faith.

Slizz

Oh shit Willian, totally forgot about him.... that dude that was sniped by Chelsea from Spuds, that has what like 20 minutes of total play?

Mastadon

Banned
That's not a good enough reason. In Fellaini's case he hasn't just failed to integrate into the team, he has also seen his own game disintegrate. His passing and first touch is much better than what we've seen at United.

I suppose Jovetic is just injury prone. No idea what is going on with Willian.

Willian really should have come to us.

jtb

Banned
A bit late to this but I don't agree that Jenkinson is all that much worse than Sagna. For one, he's a much better crosser of the ball. He'll improve.

Biggest problem this match was just a very slack attitude, I think, especially going forward. If we manage to score a goal, that relieves a lot of the pressure the defense is under. Same if Arteta doesn't get sent off.

What difference does it make? Aside from PSG who we could at least give a game to, we will lose against the others.

That's a bit harsh. We could push all but Bayern; Real Madrid and Barcelona are particularly vulnerable to an upset, I think. Frustrating result for sure, but to win the CL (and I'm not saying that we do have the quality to win the CL, because I don't think we do) you have to beat the best somewhere along the line. At least if we go out, it'll be to a quality side.

Top Bottom