• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

K1LLER7

iREJNZn78HL1m.gif

i'd do the same thing if Sturridge was dancing infront of me :lol

So whats with the 24m Koke release clause thing. Is it really so low?

He'll sign a new contract anyway. #IAMITK

Slizz

The show I can see listed, but the commercials inbetween? Or did they keep that in the cap. Is it just that gif that was posted? I'm asking way too many questions about this.

Haha, there are two new commercials. One just for VS and all the models and it's in Paris in front of the Eiffel Tower. Then the VSX? Or VS Sport commercial which is all fitness.

I re-watched TWD pilot this week and holy fuck it had so much potential. The balance between zombie and human drama was perfect.

They should trim the fuck out of the cast and give it more focus. A couple of episodes from the latest season did that and imo were comfortably the best in a long time.
Yeah I watched the first season when it was on Channel 5. 1st episode was easily the best ep in that season, just got worse from then on. Never bothered with it after s1. Utter shit.

valeo

He should sign all the retired Man Utd players and roflstomp the MLS league.

If you think that retired players who wouldn't give a shit anymore could dominate the MLS - then you're deluded.

It's like when a big name player signs for an A-League or MLS team and someone says they'll 'murder' the league - never happens.

Kyoufu

If you think that retired players who wouldn't give a shit anymore could dominate the MLS - then you're deluded.

It's like when a big name player signs for an A-League or MLS team and someone says they'll 'murder' the league - never happens.

Well when you're surrounded by inferior players then your performance suffers.

A full team of Man Utd has-beens could do some damage.

I'm talking like 47 year old Cantona scoring 30 goals with service from Beckham.

I am not being serious calm down

Slizz

Beckham did I think exactly what he planned on doing in the MLS. Ridic FK goals and glorious set piece deliveries. Just took him a little bit longer to win that title than expected.

I think a team of multiple former Euro-stars and some hard working young talent could definitely trounce.

valeo

What kind of shit attitude is that?

Jesus, whats even the point if you already believe that?

Exactly. We've beaten Bayern and Barca in recent years with arguably inferior teams to what we have now. No reason it can't happen again.

Even Bendtner can score at Camp Nou.

bendtner-vs-barcelona-o.gif

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Arsenal getting back to their (usual) level, they peaked early and also the relative comfortable EPL schedule early in the season helped to make them look better than they really are. Everton and Napoles exposed them.

City has a better team, and of the second place teams that qualified they are definitely the one I wouldn't want to face this early in the competition.

valeo

Arsenal getting back to their (usual) level, they peaked early and also the relative comfortable EPL schedule early in the season helped to make them look better than they really are. Everton and Napoles exposed them.

City has a better team, and of the second place teams that qualified they are definitely the one I wouldn't want to face this early in the competition.

So Everton and Napoli 'exposed' us, but Chelsea losing to Stoke (and leaking goals like the Arsenal of old) and City losing to Villa/Cardiff, drawing with Stoke etc are just slight aberrations?

All of the top teams in the EPL have their issues. It's up for grabs, imo, and we're just as likely as anyone to grab it at this point.

Would he get into your preferred XI?

Arteta is one of the most important players in the team for mine.

Lightning

Banned

Your negativity towards us is known. You don't have an open view. We've played every team in the PL except 4 teams. Fixtures have nothing to do with anything now since we have played over 80% of the pl teams already.

Lightning

Banned
So Everton and Napoli 'exposed' us, but Chelsea losing to Stoke (and leaking goals like the Arsenal of old) and City losing to Villa/Cardiff, drawing with Stoke etc are just slight aberrations?

All of the top teams in the EPL have their issues. It's up for grabs, imo, and we're just as likely as anyone to grab it at this point.
I don't think Everton exposed anything. They played well, only lost once this season for a reason, but we had our chances in that game to win it and should have done better on the goal. It was a pretty even game against a team who are hard to beat.

Napoli are a different story again. Napoli weren't even that good but we were just shocking. We proved away to Dortmund that we can do it, Napoli didn't play well either, they took advantage of our negativity and if the team learns from what happened today then it's all good.

Messi

I don't think Everton exposed anything. They played well, only lost once this season for a reason, but we had our chances in that game to win it and should have done better on the goal. It was a pretty even game against a team who are hard to beat.

Napoli are a different story again. Napoli weren't even that good but we were just shocking. We proved away to Dortmund that we can do it, Napoli didn't play well either, they took advantage of our negativity and if the team learns from what happened today then it's all good.

Weren't Napoli missing some big names?

Didn't catch the game yesterday but from looking at the stats and reading some impressions, I can't say I'm surprised by having let our advantage slip to finish 2nd.

We are reaching a threshold now where we are approaching the most important few weeks in our recent memory; we must start performing. Nothing we've done so far will count for anything if we capitulate and do not perform.

But the fact that we were only 1 goal away from being KO'd despite having 12 points is infuriating. How we could ever let ourselves into such a situation?

Turok_TTZ

nice to see juventus back to where they belong, to the lower echelons of europa league. finally a worthless team no longer sullying cl football. a shame about napoli, an even bigger shame for milan to go through. but since juventus is rid of I guess that evens things out a bit.

Roberto Mancini > Conte confirmed. Conte always was one who was clearly out of his depth. mad overachiever I'll give him that.

Would have preferred to see arsenal join scrubentus in europa league but sadly napoli didnt get the job done. oh well.

I expect good things from madrid but I fear Carlo will botch whatever goodwill coming our way somehow. why risk alonso and modric in a worthless tie? silly old fart.

Peco

nice to see juventus back to where they belong, to the lower echelons of europa league. finally a worthless team no longer sullying cl football. a shame about napoli, an even bigger shame for milan to go through. but since juventus is rid of I guess that evens things out a bit.

Roberto Mancini > Conte confirmed. Conte always was one who was clearly out of his depth. mad overachiever I'll give him that.

Would have preferred to see arsenal join scrubentus in europa league but sadly napoli didnt get the job done. oh well.

I expect good things from madrid but I fear Carlo will botch whatever goodwill coming our way somehow. why risk alonso and modric in a worthless tie? silly old fart.

rukiddinme7rfen.gif

Poor Yurt, having to read this while banned and unable to respond.

Lightning

Banned

Mesut Ozil disagrees.

Top Bottom