• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
I think I heard this from Gervais once in some podcast, but what you gotta do is get a fly while you are in the bathtub, tear off its wings, put your erect penis above the water (just a bit with the head) and then let the fly walk around on there, it's supposed to tickle nicely.

It's a sound theory, gonna try it later

I wonder what its like if you wrap a worm around it

Carbonox

I can log in to PSN and access the store but I get an error when trying to download anything. I'll give it a while though - it is launch day after all.

Everything is so sexy though. Runs like a beauty.

rossonero

I don't, at least right now, after everything that has happened in the past three years or so. I disagree on the fact that Milan has been left behind because of him, Galliani always tried to buy the best players possible with the few millions that he had available each year: of course, if every year the board greenlights 50m, just buying Constant and Zapata will never be enough. But, when the budget is tight, around 10-15m euros, then every single CEO will try to get the Zapatas and the Constants from their friends. Once in a while, you get Ibra and Balotelli, but after really long talks and usually we'd end up paying them in multiple installments.

I would've preferred to see Galliani with us and full power until May, just let the season end. Then go after a new board, new CEO, new SD and every other position that will be available. Doing this now, after three horrible months and the worst beginning since the year we were relegated, seems dumb and risky.

We can find a lot of clubs that have made better transfers than us with as much money, even taking in consideration that clubs like Milan pay extra.

Why do we have a 29 man squad with some positions still dripping with mediocrity? Why is the wage bill second biggest in Italy and yet Milan isn't even close to being the second best team in Italy? Why do we release Pirlo stating that we didn't want to give a multi year contract to a 30 year old player, yet Zaccardo and Bonera get multi year contracts?

And so on. I don't think a good AD should waste €10-15m on players like Matri, Zapata and the others. I'm not saying Galliani hasn't done some good deals, but lately the bad overshadows the good.

Maldini, Ambrosini and Pirlo among others had some lousy good byes because of Galliani, quitting now is just par for the course for him. That said, I hope we have a farewell party or something for him and that Adriano gets something better than a fricking pen.

We can find a lot of clubs that have made better transfers than us with as much money, even taking in consideration that clubs like Milan pay extra.

Why do we have a 29 man squad with some positions still dripping with mediocrity? Why is the wage bill second biggest in Italy and yet Milan isn't even close to being the second best team in Italy? Why do we release Pirlo stating that we didn't want to give a multi year contract to a 30 year old player, yet Zaccardo and Bonera get multi year contracts?

And so on. I don't think a good AD should waste €10-15m on players like Matri, Zapata and the others. I'm not saying Galliani hasn't done some good deals, but lately the bad overshadows the good.

Maldini, Ambrosini and Pirlo among others had some lousy good byes because of Galliani, quitting now is just par for the course for him. That said, I hope we have a farewell party or something for him and that Adriano gets something better than a fricking pen.
Maldini had a lousy good bye because of the Curva. He said that he didn't want a farewell match like Baresi or Albertini, he just wanted to say goodbye after a game and be over with it. Ambrosini doesn't seem like a big loss after his photos a month later he signed with Fiorentina, plus his performances on the field in the past two years weren't that great at all. Clearly he was useful in the locker room. Pirlo: after the scudetto, when he played just a bunch of games and then got injured, Allegri started using Van Bommel instead of him and apparently found a formation that would've worked 95% of the time. After a year like that, there wasn't a single person that thought that Pirlo would've been that great, he'll always have class and everything, but everybody thought that he would've been just a good substitute for Conte.

Regarding buying Zapata and Matri for 12m: after Galliani begged every major club in Europe for some sales because we didn't have any money (and this was already a problem years ago) a lot of those just rejected us because they knew that they wouldn't sell their players at the right price. I mean, Santos' president said that we offered a "crate of bananas" for Ganso, of course they wouldn't listen to our second offer.

Matri was bought because Pazzini would've been injured until November - Petagna wasn't ready (according to Allegri) - he grew up in our youth sector, this way he took Ambro's place in the CL list and, obviously, Allegri wanted him. Don't forget that from time to time our managers dare to say something (I know it's strange seeing who our president is, but it happens) and when it happens we sign a useless dumbfuck like Matri. Lastly, every player over 30 gets a new 1 year contract every year since 2011, Bonera had a long contract signed a couple of years before.

Again, he could've left in May and Barbara might have had more time to find his replacement, doing things like this is pointless and dangerous. Clearly sooner or later he would've left Milan, but there would've always been two ways of doing that, and this one is the wrong one. It's rushed and we'll see why in a month or two.

Sorely tempted to pull the trigger on that £149.99 3G Vita + Tearaway + LBP + 16gb memory stick.

Cracker deal.

Get it.

Vita has Hotline Miami, Spelunky and Tearaway. Having those 3 games on the go is worth it.

Especially Spelunky. That game is just fantastic on a handheld.

I bought another gold-ish tie today, in honor of Galliani.

93k1id4.jpg

Wait, you guys don't think it's time for Galliani to leave? The big reason why Milan has been left behind by the football world is Adriano IMO. He is the one that wants so much control in the club that he suffocated others (Braida) or refuses to give a position to some that could be useful (Maldini, Boban and so on). Galliani is the one giving way too big contracts to mediocre players and he is almost exclusively only dealing with his friends (Raiola, Perez, Preciosi).

Not to say that I'm not grateful and that I don't respect and admire Adriano for all the good things he has done, but it's time.

kharma45, thanks for the tip! I'll just wait for DICE to fix the bugs and for Mantle to come out before buying though. There are still a lot of hours to be squeezed from BF3 too.

I think Galliani should leave, but I don't think it should happen in the middle of a fucking season. It's a friggin' circus at Milan. The transition should have all happened at once, over the summer.

I can see how this might make sense--bringing in a new CEO now would give him time to fill up positions, including the manager, in time for the very beginning of the summer next season. But that is basically an enormous signal that we have essentially given up on this season, which is pathetic.

rossonero

Maldini had a lousy good bye because of the Curva. He said that he didn't want a farewell match like Baresi or Albertini, he just wanted to say goodbye after a game and be over with it. Ambrosini doesn't seem like a big loss after his photos a month later he signed with Fiorentina, plus his performances on the field in the past two years weren't that great at all. Clearly he was useful in the locker room. Pirlo: after the scudetto, when he played just a bunch of games and then got injured, Allegri started using Van Bommel instead of him and apparently found a formation that would've worked 95% of the time. After a year like that, there wasn't a single person that thought that Pirlo would've been that great, he'll always have class and everything, but everybody thought that he would've been just a good substitute for Conte.

Regarding buying Zapata and Matri for 12m: after Galliani begged every major club in Europe for some sales because we didn't have any money (and this was already a problem years ago) a lot of those just rejected us because they knew that they wouldn't sell their players at the right price. I mean, Santos' president said that we offered a "crate of bananas" for Ganso, of course they wouldn't listen to our second offer.

Matri was bought because Pazzini would've been injured until November - Petagna wasn't ready (according to Allegri) - he grew up in our youth sector, this way he took Ambro's place in the CL list and, obviously, Allegri wanted him. Don't forget that from time to time our managers dare to say something (I know it's strange seeing who our president is, but it happens) and when it happens we sign a useless dumbfuck like Matri. Lastly, every player over 30 gets a new 1 year contract every year since 2011, Bonera had a long contract signed a couple of years before.

Again, he could've left in May and Barbara might have had more time to find his replacement, doing things like this is pointless and dangerous. Clearly sooner or later he would've left Milan, but there would've always been two ways of doing that, and this one is the wrong one. It's rushed and we'll see why in a month or two.

I don't agree with your view, but I respect it. I can point out some facts though:

Bonera, 31 years old, signing an two year contract extension May this year:

http://www.football-italia.net/34471/bonera-signs-new-milan-deal

Zaccardo, 31 years old, signing a three and a half years long contract this January:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11863/8432476/

This is only a couple of examples of Galliani's clownish behavior lately that doesn't make sense considering we're talking about two mediocre and more often than not unnecessary players.

Maldini has several times said that he wants to get involved in the club and the only one preventing that is Galliani. Ambrosini had to find out through media that Galliani didn't want to extend his contract. Moreover he was forced to hold a press conference by himself. Pirlo, however bad a year he had, was ousted by Allegri and was still better than other players that Galliani kept and extended contracts with. And he got a pen as thanks for all the years.

Our scouting system is so broke and it's because we don't really have any. Galliani just goes to one of his friends begging or he checks around if there is any players on bad terms with his employer and that's our transfer market.

It's beyond ridiculous to sign a back up striker for a back up striker for €12m, thereby financing Juve's Tevez signing. Even if it wasn't Adriano's idea, just the fact that Galliani went with it because a coach that has only 1 year left in his seat wanted him is facepalm worthy.

Frank The Great said:
I think Galliani should leave, but I don't think it should happen in the middle of a fucking season. It's a friggin' circus at Milan. The transition should have all happened at once, over the summer.

I can see how this might make sense--bringing in a new CEO now would give him time to fill up positions, including the manager, in time for the very beginning of the summer next season. But that is basically an enormous signal that we have essentially given up on this season, which is pathetic.

Well, that was a given when we allowed Allegri to still be a coach after all the horrible performances. We're not even aiming for CL qualification any more, just hoping that we don't end in Serie B next season.

I just realized, Galliani was essentially the only person keeping Allegri at Milan. I wonder if Barbara will go on a rampage and sack good old Max soon.

I don't agree with your view, but I respect it. I can point out some facts though:

Bonera, 31 years old, signing an two year contract extension May this year:

http://www.football-italia.net/34471/bonera-signs-new-milan-deal

Zaccardo, 31 years old, signing a three and a half years long contract this January:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11863/8432476/

This is only a couple of examples of Galliani's clownish behavior lately that doesn't make sense considering we're talking about two mediocre and more often than not unnecessary players.

Maldini has several times said that he wants to get involved in the club and the only one preventing that is Galliani. Ambrosini had to find out through media that Galliani didn't want to extend his contract. Moreover he was forced to hold a press conference by himself. Pirlo, however bad a year he had, was ousted by Allegri and was still better than other players that Galliani kept and extended contracts with. And he got a pen as thanks for all the years.

Our scouting system is so broke and it's because we don't really have any. Galliani just goes to one of his friends begging or he checks around if there is any players on bad terms with his employer and that's our transfer market.

It's beyond ridiculous to sign a back up striker for a back up striker for €12m, thereby financing Juve's Tevez signing. Even if it wasn't Adriano's idea, just the fact that Galliani went with it because a coach that has only 1 year left in his seat wanted him is facepalm worthy.

Well, that was a given when we allowed Allegri to still be a coach after all the horrible performances. We're not even aiming for CL qualification any more, just hoping that we don't end in Serie B next season.

I agree with all of this, but it is still really poor form for these changes to happen in the middle of a season.

Wilbur

Banned
We definitely wouldn't be getting Reus this summer, if at all. I reckon with Ribery and Robben both getting on a bit Bayern might bid for him next summer when his release clause kicks in.

Linius

Holy shit, some Italian guy masturbated himself to death :lol

He did a 42 run marathon.

EDIT

Oh wait, this is news from 2011. Why was this on my Facebook newsfeed today :/

Salvadora

Lovely article on Ramsey here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/29/arsenal-aaron-ramsey-cardiff-city-wales

Delighted for him, I was one of the ones who kinda lost faith in him ever coming back mentally from his injury, but he has proved me wrong in a big way this season so far. Keep improving Aaron!

While Sir Alex Ferguson was away on holiday and happy to leave Mike Phelan, the assistant manager at United, to deliver the sales pitch, Wenger and Arsenal went to the trouble of laying on a private jet to fly Ramsey and his parents to Switzerland
swag

Holy shit, I am way more optimistic about the Gold Tie's departure, if this is true.

Sky Sport ‏@SkySport 5m

Paolo #Maldini entrerà nello staff dirigenziale del #Milan come responsabile dell'area tecnica #SkySport24

Essentially, with Galliani out of the way, Barbara will appoint Paolo Fucking Maldini as our new head technical director. This is great news.

For some reason, there was a friction between Galliani and Maldini, probably because uncle Fester did not want to lose any control over the club by appointing a legend to an important managerial role. Maldini always needed to be a part of Milan's management though, so I will be really happy if this goes through. We should bring in more past players too.

We may have Inzaghi as our manager and Maldini as our director next season. Hopefully they can get us out of Serie B.

Scum

Holy shit, I am way more optimistic about the Gold Tie's departure, if this is true.

Essentially, with Galliani out of the way, Barbara will appoint Paolo Fucking Maldini as our new head technical director. This is great news.

For some reason, there was a friction between Galliani and Maldini, probably because uncle Fester did not want to lose any control over the club by appointing a legend to an important managerial role. Maldini always needed to be a part of Milan's management though, so I will be really happy if this goes through.

We may have Inzaghi as our manager and Maldini as our director next season.
Uncle Fester! OMG!

#DEAD

Wes

venison crêpe
Pretty hyped for the Channel 4 stuff about video games tomorrow. Sony jumping on that chance with some delicious new ads.

iecKUeWdPIVRd.gif

iNgLMnhC07eoK.gif

Off to watch Hunger Games with my sister for my birthday. Going to count how many times I swoon at Jennifer Lawrence and Jena Malone.

flippedb

Banned

For some reason, there was a friction between Galliani and Maldini, probably because uncle Fester did not want to lose any control over the club by appointing a legend to an important managerial role. Maldini always needed to be a part of Milan's management though, so I will be really happy if this goes through. We should bring in more past players too.

We may have Inzaghi as our manager and Maldini as our director next season. Hopefully they can get us out of Serie B.
Supposedly G is leaving because he can't stand Barbara. See, I'm glad the club is moving on, but G doesn't deserve to leave like this.

Carbonox

Enjoying FIFA 14 far more than FIFA 13. Thank god the menus are far more zippier and it takes like 2 minutes to get from beginning of the transfer window to your first season game, rather than 33984384 hours like in FIFA 13.

One day.....one day we will get a FIFA with non-shit animations though. :( Man imagine what a FIFA 2K game would be like...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Happy birthday Wes!

I thought the movie was alright. I'm not a big fan of the series though.

Or JLo.

Enjoying FIFA 14 far more than FIFA 13. Thank god the menus are far more zippier and it takes like 2 minutes to get from beginning of the transfer window to your first season game, rather than 33984384 hours like in FIFA 13.

One day.....one day we will get a FIFA with non-shit animations though. :( Man imagine what a FIFA 2K game would be like...
Yes pls. How's the new controller? Read some impressions saying its way better than the DS3.

FootballFan

Yes pls. How's the new controller? Read some impressions saying its way better than the DS3.

I had read ds4 reviews praising it etc. but I still thought it would be the same shit as DS3. But when I used it, I was all Keanu Reeves "...Woah". Definitely a big improvement imo.

Don't have a ps4 and they are all sold out here until next year lol.

arkon

I had read ds4 reviews praising it etc. but I still thought it would be the same shit as DS3. But when I used it, I was all Keanu Reeves "...Woah".

Don't have a ps4 and they are all sold out here until next year lol.

I'm walking into a shop tomorrow to buy one.

Then I'm going to set fire to it.

Top Bottom