• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
I've gone well off little oik Andre this season. Last year I would have been fretting if we win on Sunday he'll get sacked. Now? I only care for Moyes

Yen

I've only read NCFOM and the Road. Which McCarthy should I read next - Blood Meridian, or All The Pretty Horses?

rossonero

Great. I bet we will replace him with a small club SD who specializes in selling quality players, as opposed to someone who can bring those players in.

TheLucifer said:
So, what will happen now: after Galliani will leave (hopefully without asking for a severance package. Or, at least, not a 50m one), Barbara Berlusconi will have to sign a new CEO and a new SD, hopefully before January. Of course, there aren't many of those available and actually at a Milan-level (I won't say Galliani-level because there simply isn't one), so we'll settle for a random one, make him buy a dumb player or two in January while saying "let's see how the season ends and we'll decide if we should keep him or not". This will end with us keeping the poor bastard and having another awful summer because Barbara Berlusconi doesn't know any better because, well, she has been with Milan for almost three years.

This is probably the beginning of the end for this Milan, at least I'm glad I've seen some of the best side we ever had winning every trophy out there.

Wait, you guys don't think it's time for Galliani to leave? The big reason why Milan has been left behind by the football world is Adriano IMO. He is the one that wants so much control in the club that he suffocated others (Braida) or refuses to give a position to some that could be useful (Maldini, Boban and so on). Galliani is the one giving way too big contracts to mediocre players and he is almost exclusively only dealing with his friends (Raiola, Perez, Preciosi).

Not to say that I'm not grateful and that I don't respect and admire Adriano for all the good things he has done, but it's time.

kharma45, thanks for the tip! I'll just wait for DICE to fix the bugs and for Mantle to come out before buying though. There are still a lot of hours to be squeezed from BF3 too.

K1LLER7

Electronics are so fucking annoying.

I guess I've had my S3 for the max Samsung wants me to have it, cause when I woke up this morning my Internal SD card is now 'damaged' and needs a reformat. Mind you all it did was sit on my desk while I was asleep....
My Samsung note 2's charging port is damaged. Sometimes it doesn't charge. Sometimes it says a "dock" is connected. Then when I get it to charge, it takes a few more hours than it used too.

Going to try and get it fixed or replaced.

K1LLER7

In case somebody is interested:-

Someone in the cheap ass gaffer thread said Sainsbury is selling the 2ds and Pokemon X/Y for £99.

Also, the Mario Kart 3DS bundle for £130 is back. Amazon

For Woodenlung

i5xCZrKFvV92c.gif

Not for Woodenlung

tumblr_mwxxromUQe1s8z5rho1_400.gif

tumblr_mwxxromUQe1s8z5rho2_400.gif

YESSSSS <3

iMBU6BlHDrRir.gif

I've only read NCFOM and the Road. Which McCarthy should I read next - Blood Meridian, or All The Pretty Horses?

I'm finding Blood Meridian a bit of a slog tbh. The flowery language is impeding on my ability to immediately understand the basic events, and nothing ruins the pace of a book as much as having to read the same passage multiple times just to get a grasp of the characters' actions

PS4 gonna be here between 14:44 and 15:44 :D

Fergie

Banned
My Samsung note 2's charging port is damaged. Sometimes it doesn't charge. Sometimes it says a "dock" is connected. Then when I get it to charge, it takes a few more hours than it used too.

Going to try and get it fixed or replaced.
Wireless charging should be a thing, no matter how slow.

PSN store is down it seems like. Wanted to splash on the weekend sale. :(

Blablurn

Jan Aage Fjortoft &#8207;@JanAageFjortoft 2m

Another week - another Marco Reus-story! Has Reus a buy-out clause? Yes When is it valid? 2015 Will Dortmund let him go before? No chance

Hixx

I'm finding Blood Meridian a bit of a slog tbh. The flowery language is impeding on my ability to immediately understand the basic events, and nothing ruins the pace of a book as much as having to read the same passage multiple times just to get a grasp of the characters' actions

PS4 gonna be here between 14:44 and 15:44 :D

PSN is fucked

If you are going digital its fucked

FUCKED

FUCK ARRRRRRRRRRRGH

Peco

iawzRPM.jpg

Now what? Allegri and the Berlus are still there, so nothing ain't gonna change in the near future. Also, I bet Galliani is gonna ask for like 40m. Well done you douches!

Barbara is a woman and a Berlusconi, fuck all that, we'll probably end up with Seedorf and the return of Pato in the next months.

I wanna die.

Timurid

iawzRPM.jpg

Now what? Allegri and the Berlus are still there, so nothing ain't gonna change in the near future. Also, I bet Galliani is gonna ask for like 40m. Well done you douches!

Barbara is a woman and a Berlusconi, fuck all that, we'll probably end up with Seedorf and the return of Pato in the next months.

I wanna die.
Serie B is calling!

Wait, you guys don't think it's time for Galliani to leave? The big reason why Milan has been left behind by the football world is Adriano IMO. He is the one that wants so much control in the club that he suffocated others (Braida) or refuses to give a position to some that could be useful (Maldini, Boban and so on). Galliani is the one giving way too big contracts to mediocre players and he is almost exclusively only dealing with his friends (Raiola, Perez, Preciosi).

Not to say that I'm not grateful and that I don't respect and admire Adriano for all the good things he has done, but it's time.

kharma45, thanks for the tip! I'll just wait for DICE to fix the bugs and for Mantle to come out before buying though. There are still a lot of hours to be squeezed from BF3 too.
I don't, at least right now, after everything that has happened in the past three years or so. I disagree on the fact that Milan has been left behind because of him, Galliani always tried to buy the best players possible with the few millions that he had available each year: of course, if every year the board greenlights 50m, just buying Constant and Zapata will never be enough. But, when the budget is tight, around 10-15m euros, then every single CEO will try to get the Zapatas and the Constants from their friends. Once in a while, you get Ibra and Balotelli, but after really long talks and usually we'd end up paying them in multiple installments.

I would've preferred to see Galliani with us and full power until May, just let the season end. Then go after a new board, new CEO, new SD and every other position that will be available. Doing this now, after three horrible months and the worst beginning since the year we were relegated, seems dumb and risky.

Mourinho:
I only have good things to say about Galliani. He is a gentleman, and I have the utmost respect for him. I hope that Galliani will enjoy his life now because football takes a lot away from you - especially on a personal level.

Walshy

Sorely tempted to pull the trigger on that £149.99 3G Vita + Tearaway + LBP + 16gb memory stick.

Cracker deal.
Go for it. If you have PS Plus you'll get Gravity Rush and Uncharted too which are great.

All you need is Hotline Miami and Persona 4 and you are set.

Wilbur

Banned
Yurt, you just said some user is your favorite in off topic, the user who made this thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399457

You would both have to give and receive, meaning that it would be cheating if you said you just wanted to court a ladybug, and rub it on you're genitals. That is not sex. That is just touching. The genitals has to be physically exchanged between the two creatures. This is the terrorists law.

You would both have to give and receive, meaning that it would be cheating if you said you just wanted to court a ladybug, and rub it on you're genitals. That is not sex. That is just touching. The genitals has to be physically exchanged between the two creatures. This is the terrorists law.

I think I heard this from Gervais once in some podcast, but what you gotta do is get a fly while you are in the bathtub, tear off its wings, put your erect penis above the water (just a bit with the head) and then let the fly walk around on there, it's supposed to tickle nicely.

Top Bottom