• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Arnie

ib01IgrYAzyfcK.gif
So

Proud

Carbonox

It was all about Bryan Oviedo. Just sell Baines already so he can play Everton.

Oviedo looked class today. Baines with his shit cunt hair can go join his fellow OAPs at manure and let based martinez and his sexy crew of evertondem style the premure league with oviedo as their new crown prince of left back.

K1LLER7

That's Sleepless, lol.
Oh, thought it was Fady at first lol.

a picture of me comes with every copy of the game

unprecedented partnership with Media Molecule :p
Not buying it if so :p

Me too. Or at least I hope I'm close to the end. Way too long game, just did that ridiculous heist in small town. I hope I could finish it before my PS4 arrives.
Yeah, it's longer than I thought it would be.

I've done 59 out of 69 missions in around 34 hours game time.

Shocking defending. Liverpool should let him stay there.

I really liked FEAR

What the fuck were they thinking with FEAR2

It got even worse than that.

Go to Seattle

Visit Valve.

Omg amaze

A few days later

Visit Monolith and try out Fear3

What a world of difference, that was the longest 2 hours playing the alpha version of their multiplayer counter strike mode.

Fake edit : actually looking at these release dates it must have been fear 2 we played there.

Are you getting any connection issues on BF4? Also, is Conquest working yet? And are they going to implement a party mode? Failing to have that ready for release is ridiculous for such a game, and such an established MP mechanic

They said they're not adding a party system. Ever. I think.

Arnie

Are you getting any connection issues on BF4? Also, is Conquest working yet? And are they going to implement a party mode? Failing to have that ready for release is ridiculous for such a game, and such an established MP mechanic
Had one in a long play session. Conquest works fine but my housemate prefers Rush so we played a lot of that.

Party mode, no. It's pathetic. Shame on DICE. Game's still so fucking good though.

It got even worse than that.

Go to Seattle

Visit Valve.

Omg amaze

A few days later

Visit Monolith and try out Fear3

What a world of difference, that was the longest 2 hours playing the alpha version of their multiplayer counter strike mode.

Fake edit : actually looking at these release dates it must have been fear 2 we played there.
They tried to make it into a next genish shooter and completely ruined what was so good about FEAR: a no nonsense shooter with great and simple mechanics. It reminded me of Half Life the way it played.

And the awesome FEAR shotgun got gimped. What the fuck Monolith

Kassu

Banned
Too long? I think it took me about twenty hours to go trough the campaing, wouldn't say that's too long :p
It is quite long when mostly you're just driving from point A to point B and sometimes you might actually get to shoot somebody. And it doesn't help that both shooting and driving are boring as well and that makes it feel like even longer. Story is also disjointed at best.

Hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure you've still got a fair chunk of the game left :/
Kill me now

Had one in a long play session. Conquest works fine but my housemate prefers Rush so we played a lot of that.

Party mode, no. It's pathetic. Shame on DICE. Game's still so fucking good though.

Cheers. You guys gonna be up for a few games on Tuesday/Wednesday? Hopefully I can jump straight in on Conquest, none of that unlocking Rush by playing TDM nonsense that becomes a grind after 2 minutes. BF and TDM just don't go together.

They said they're not adding a party system. Ever. I think.

Well that sucks. Possibly the greatest example of an unready game being pushed out the door to beat a competitor to market,

GTAV was brilliant for the first 20 hours because I was comparing it to GTAIV. Then things go downhill, I lost track of the character's motivations and reasoning, and got extremely bored of the combat

Linius

Yeah me too! Need to see more Coen Brothers films. Only seen Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Miller's Crossing (i'm rewatching it atm) and No Country for Old Men.

Love them all.

http://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/coen+brothers+filmography/coenbrother/

Here's a good list. I've checked nine of them.

Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, The Ladykillers, No Country For Old Men, Burn After Reading, A Serious Man and True Grit.

Have Barton Fink and Hudsucker Proxy on DVD btw, still need to watch them :p

Yen

Indie Game: The Movie is a very good documentary film and is on C4 right now. It is amusing just how horrible Phil Fish and Jon Blow come across. At the start of the film, Blow says COD is shit and he doesn't make shit games, Fish is seen reciting a poem he wrote after winning an award, and then insulting his fans in an interview. At one stage Blow cries
because Soujia Boy enjoys Braid but not for the reasons he intended.

Suen

I never post about La Liga being shit. The only thing I ever post is that I think it's unfair for a lot of the teams due to the tv deals and that post is usually once every 3-4 months or something. Maybe less. I usually just shit on Madrid and their cunt ways just like you shit on Barca.

The only thing I mentioned today is that I don't think you should count stats at face value to determine how good La Liga players are due to them scoring so much. The last 4 seasons or so both Real Madrid and Barca scored around 110 goals in the league. The rest of the teams scored like 70 goals.

How is that shitting on La Liga?

Everybody has been shitting on Benzema and that cunt has directly contributed to around 40 goals in each of the past 3 seasons. Is my point not valid? How can you Madrid cunts say he's shit when he's putting up those types of numbers? Do you not take La Liga stats at face value? And if you don't, why do you see my post as shit talking La Liga?
Not taking their stats at face value implies that they aren't really good as they appear and you'd say the reason to that is due to the uncompetitive state of the league due to corruption and a dual-monopoly over TV revenue. You certainly make a valid point about the unfairness of the league and if the money was distributed better other teams would likely be stronger instead of having to sell their best players. Would they have scored less if the other teams kept their best players instead of selling them? Perhaps so, or maybe they would still have scored just as much but other teams would have scored more. Ronaldo scored 12 goals in CL last season (and surely you aren't going to call CL a joke competition, right? Aside from the group United ends up in always being a joke). That's slightly over a third of the amount of goals he scored in La Liga with 22 less apps. If he wasn't as good as he appears to be in La Liga then he would have just been one of the many players in a much more tougher competition like CL with a few goals, and the same will be true for any other big players to come in Madrid or Barca.

You're acting as if the defense in La Liga, Madrid and Barca aside, is almost non-existant and thus allowing players from the big two to just easily raise their stats which isn't true. Last year Malaga and Atletico had a great defensive record, better than Madrid and Barca if I'm not mistaken. The league is in a bad state but it's not that fucking bad. If this was the case then the total amount of goals in the league should have been way more, especially with clubs that had decent players in their squad no? Yet the total amount of goals scored in the league last season for La Liga 1091 and 1063 for BPL. Add Messi and Ronaldo to BPL and you'd have just as many goals or slightly more/less. Some players are just as good as they appear to be. Anyway my point is that I don't think a more competitive league would make some of these players score less. I just think the clubs as a whole would have a harder time winning and other teams would be scoring more.

As for Benz, most of us didn't start shitting on him until last season when he started playing worse and moreso this season when he was absolute shit, he's still kinda shit but slowly returning back to a better form. 40 goals in three fucking seasons is shit considering his position and the fucking players he's surrounded by. I'll admit thought that rotation and over-dependence on Ronaldo in earlier seasons somewhat killed Benz stats.

Clegg

Not taking their stats at face value implies that they aren't really good as they appear and you'd say the reason to that is due to the uncompetitive state of the league due to corruption and a dual-monopoly over TV revenue. You certainly make a valid point about the unfairness of the league and if the money was distributed better other teams would likely be stronger instead of having to sell their best players. Would they have scored less if the other teams kept their best players instead of selling them? Perhaps so, or maybe they would still have scored just as much but other teams would have scored more. Ronaldo scored 12 goals in CL last season (and surely you aren't going to call CL a joke competition, right? Aside from the group United ends up in always being a joke). That's slightly over a third of the amount of goals he scored in La Liga with 22 less apps. If he wasn't as good as he appears to be in La Liga then he would have just been one of the many players in a much more tougher competition like CL with a few goals, and the same will be true for any other big players to come in Madrid or Barca.

You're acting as if the defense in La Liga, Madrid and Barca aside, is almost non-existant and thus allowing players from the big two to just easily raise their stats which isn't true. Last year Malaga and Atletico had a great defensive record, better than Madrid and Barca if I'm not mistaken. The league is in a bad state but it's not that fucking bad. If this was the case then the total amount of goals in the league should have been way more, especially with clubs that had decent players in their squad no? Yet the total amount of goals scored in the league last season for La Liga 1091 and 1063 for BPL. Add Messi and Ronaldo to BPL and you'd have just as many goals or slightly more/less. Some players are just as good as they appear to be. Anyway my point is that I don't think a more competitive league would make some of these players score less. I just think the clubs as a whole would have a harder time winning and other teams would be scoring more.

As for Benz, most of us didn't start shitting on him until last season when he started playing worse and moreso this season when he was absolute shit, he's still kinda shit but slowly returning back to a better form. 40 goals in three fucking seasons is shit considering his position and the fucking players he's surrounded by. I'll admit thought that rotation and over-dependence on Ronaldo in earlier seasons somewhat killed Benz stats.
TL;DR

La liga is crap.

Top Bottom