• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT10| Silence of the Lambda

Wilbur

Banned
Don't really have one. I'd like to see someone who hasn't won the league in a while win it this season (Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, etc).

BTW, my loyalty is for sale for a couple months since the Russian League is going on break after next weekend...make your pitches!

I've always thought we had a special connection

Suen

My_Movie.gif

"FC Porto’s 53-game winless streak in league ends with 1-0 loss at Academica"
Hahahaha what a way to end it.

LOL. This is what happens when you go to a smaller team just for money, come back to Madrid and this time to Real Madrid pls.

Nah, Gazprom will convince Rybolovlev to loan us Falcao for our CL winning run this season. Reignite dat Falcao-Hulk partnership. Maybe pick up AVB as well once he gets shitcanned by Spurs.

Don't really have one. I'd like to see someone who hasn't won the league in a while win it this season (Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, etc).

BTW, my loyalty is for sale for a couple months since the Russian League is going on break after next weekend...make your pitches!

Liverpool have a black man, and a man who is racist against black people, leading the line. Now if that isn't attractively bizarre, I don''t know what is

@Souls games fans, would you prefer to have a new IP than Dark Souls 2? I think I would, can see DS2 being a little too similar to DS1 because of the structure, bonfires etc.

Fucking sucks that it'll be out on PC after the console versions. My enjoyment of it will be massively influenced by the sense of community discovery, and that'll be negligible by the time the PC version is out.

Might even be worth starting a thread for the PC players to talk about it without everyone knowing everything already

Suen

Nah, Gazprom will convince Rybolovlev to loan us Falcao for our CL winning run this season. Reignite dat Falcao-Hulk partnership. Maybe pick up AVB as well once he gets shitcanned by Spurs.
I am sure that Rybolovlev has already established a very special connection with Perez and a deal is on the way.

Parma pls.

Liverpool have a black man, and a man who is racist against black people, leading the line. Now if that isn't attractively bizarre, I don''t know what is
:lol

I've always thought we had a special connection
United would only become an attractive option if they were to first rot in midtable for a couple of seasons. Too successful.

Black man? You forget I'm a Zenit fan?

#There'sNoBlackInZenit'sColours

Although I did bet a tenner that Liverpool would qualify for CL this season so I'm already partially invested.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Souls games fans, would you prefer to have a new IP than Dark Souls 2? I think I would, can see DS2 being a little too similar to DS1 because of the structure, bonfires

If by new IP you mean a new entry to the..uhmm..D-Souls series, then absolutely! I'm totally fine with 'more of the same' though.

They delayed the PC version? How delayed are we talking here? :(

Wilbur

Banned
Dat early start.

Potentially good football matches on today.

I get out of work at 4, gonna run to the pub in time to see Schneiderlin take Lampard out cleanly. Please.

Our team should be up soon right? If it's a Fellaini-Cleverley centre mid I'll cry on this SouthWestern train

If by new IP you mean a new entry to the..uhmm..D-Souls series, then absolutely! I'm totally fine with 'more of the same' though.

They delayed the PC version? How delayed are we talking here? :(

I've heard it'll probably be between a fortnight and month

fuck pcs :(

Suen

man that Cassano volley was such a beautiful goal yesterday. It was his 100th goal as well, shame it was ruined by not winning against a 10-man Bologna :'(

Wilbur

Banned
No idea WJD, wish it was on at 4. I'm knackered as well, was watching Netflix in my room at like 4 and then fell asleep, my dog woke me up at 5 to let her out for a wee and then I was in a kind of semi conscious state until half 9 when I had to get up. Fucking dogs.

You're playing Spurs though, which puts things in perspective.

I'm still afraid of Andros (lol, one trick cunt)

Looks like we're well on our way to our 7th consecutive game without a win.

When is Spalletti going to get sacked?

Yen

Sure is weird how much grief has been expressed over the death of some C-List actor who had what, 3 hit films in his career? Certainly his family and friends deserve our condolences, but people are going on like he's James Deen or something.

I can't help but feel if Fast 5 had not been released then his death wouldn't have attracted more than 2 pages of replies.
Think you're going to have to specify here.

Salazar

Our team should be up soon right? If it's a Fellaini-Cleverley centre mid I'll cry on this SouthWestern train

-----------------DeGea
Raf(?)------Rio--------Evans---Evra
---------Jones-------Fellaini
---------------Kagawa
Valencia------Rooney-----Adnan

Hmmm

MUFC v Spurs: De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Cleverley, Jones; Welbeck, Kagawa, Valencia; Rooney

Fergie

Banned
I get out of work at 4, gonna run to the pub in time to see Schneiderlin take Lampard out cleanly. Please.

Rppmey.
Shinji still 10.

Welbeck and Valencia wings.

Jones and Clev mid.

Vidic, Evans, Evra and Smalling.

Wilbur

Banned
James Dean never starred in a film as good as Fast and Furious 5

-----------------DeGea
Raf(?)------Rio--------Evans---Evra
---------Jones-------Fellaini
---------------Kagawa
Valencia------Rooney-----Adnan

Don't think I could handle Rio at PL pace to be honest, he's been diabolical. Praying with all my heart and soul and sphincter Vidic makes a miraculous recovery. Think Raf's still out? Not that it would make a difference lol, Moyrannisaurus prefers Smalling.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Vertonghen
Sandro Dembele Paulinho
Lennon Soldado Chadli

Well at least he's gone for the three in the middle but Lamela and Ade aren't in the squad. How Chadli gets the start ahead of Gylfi, I have no idea.

Kyoufu

I am going to watch this game, and hope for a Spuds victory (which obviously won't happen because they are terrible without Bale).

Arnie

No idea WJD, wish it was on at 4. I'm knackered as well, was watching Netflix in my room at like 4 and then fell asleep, my dog woke me up at 5 to let her out for a wee and then I was in a kind of semi conscious state until half 9 when I had to get up. Fucking dogs.
I was playing PS4 till about three. Then at four my best friend rang me after his night out to talk about Paul Walker. Then my housemates crazy ex came round to argue and fuck.

I had such a fractured slumber. In a right mood today. Fuming at everything and anyone. Got the feeling an HD representation of Steve Bruce's head will make me spontaneously combust, sending the star dust that my body consists of back to where it once came.

Wilbur

Banned
I was playing PS4 till about three. Then at four my best friend rang me after his night out to talk about Paul Walker. Then my housemates crazy ex came round to argue and fuck.

I had such a fractured slumber. In a right mood today. Fuming at everything and anyone. Got the feeling an HD representation of Steve Bruce's head will make me spontaneously combust, sending the star dust that my body consists of back to where it once came.

I can only imagine when Yannick Sagbo scores a worldy in the first minute you'll be so apoplectic you supernova.

Official XI vs Catania: Gabriel; Poli, Bonera, Silvestre, Emanuelson; Montolivo, De Jong, Nocerino; Birsa, Kakà; Balotelli.

I'm ready to see another dreadful match. Dat defense. How does that even work for a team that used to have Maldini and Baresi. How.

Smalling will create nothing.
Valencia will create nothing.
Jones will create nothing.
Cleverley can't create anything.
Welbeck will fall over.

Were playing Spurs.

0-0.

Arnie

I can only imagine when Yannick Sagbo scores a worldy in the first minute you'll be so apoplectic you supernova.
That's why I never understood the Mass Effect saga.

If the humans wanted to rid the galaxy of the reapers, or indeed reset sentient matter to stage one, all they had to do was get Kolo Toure in front of me on a karaoke machine singing Ghostbusters and let nature do the rest.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Aye, that line-up does nout to inspire confidence.

I have concerns about Soldado but if the three in the centre work hard we should be able to control the match. Dembele and Sandro shat on United last season, we have to repeat that kind of display. Strong in the tackle and moving the ball forward quickly, playing like slugs is going to cost us this match.

Wilbur

Banned
That's why I never understood the Mass Effect saga.

If the humans wanted to rid the galaxy of the reapers, or indeed reset sentient matter to stage one, all they had to do was get Kolo Toure in front of me on a karaoke machine singing Ghostbusters and let nature do the rest.

Legit laughing out loud LOL on a bus. This public transport nightmare continues to haunt me

Posts like this always annoy me, I'd expect this from Wilbur.

I guess I'd rather always stay optimistic.

You don't even watch football.

Go away.

Fergie

Banned
Expected Nani to play though. Defensively he was good vs Leverkusen and he can do some great finishing. Pls Moyes.

Soldado must be greatly frustrated. All Andros and Gylfi do is shoot.

Top Bottom