• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

moyesnoddingsqcrb.gif

What have you done

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neuer's reaction to the CL draw (Arsenal)

neuer.gif

-

Official XI:
Storari
Caceres,Ogbonna,Peluso
Isla,Padoin,Marchisio,Asamoah,De Ceglie
Giovinco & Quagliarella

Yen

LFC: #LFC team v Blackpool in the FA Youth Cup: Crump, Randall, Maguire, Williams, Jones, Chirivella, Ibe, Rossiter, Sinclair, Brannagan, Kent.

LFC: #LFC subs v Blackpool: Firth, Brewitt, Canos, Ojo, Wilson.

(Bolded are the hyped players)

bjaelke

Ade and Defoe starting for Spurs.
LFC: #LFC team v Blackpool in the FA Youth Cup: Crump, Randall, Maguire, Williams, Jones, Chirivella, Ibe, Rossiter, Sinclair, Brannagan, Kent.

LFC: #LFC subs v Blackpool: Firth, Brewitt, Canos, Ojo, Wilson.

(Bolded are the hyped players)

Kent sign a contract today. Looking forward to seeing him and the other boys in action.

kharma45

Official team

De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Jones, Anderson, Young; Welbeck.

Subs are Johnstone, Chicharito, Nani, Fletcher, Büttner, Zaha, Kagawa.

Hmm, Anderson behind Welbeck in his natural role I wonder? Thought Ekangamene might've been on the bench.

Confirmed: De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Jones, Anderson, Young; Welbeck.

I can handle all of that but Young. Do fuck off chap.

Edit: Yes Fletch!

LTWheels

God, I've spent the last two hours watching Thundercats cartoons.

I'm not sure why.

Anyone play much of dota2? I always end up playing the holiday event every time it comes around. Would be great to play with some of you guys.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sherwood's team for tonight:

@SpursOfficial: Team - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Capoue, Rose; Lennon, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Townsend; Adebayor, Defoe.

@SpursOfficial: Our subs tonight - Friedel, Fredericks, Fryers, Chadli, Eriksen, Holtby, Soldado.

No Lamela.

Showaddy

@SpursOfficial: Team - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Capoue, Rose; Lennon, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Townsend; Adebayor, Defoe.

@SpursOfficial: Our subs tonight - Friedel, Fredericks, Fryers, Chadli, Eriksen, Holtby, Soldado.

No Lamela.

Englishman at the helm and straight back to 4-4-Fackin'-2.

Presumably they need to get a translator in for Lamela before he can play now AVB's gone...

FootballFan

I missed the Nintendo Direct :(
So I'm relying on my favourite community to update me. So....update me bitch!

How excited are you for the CL match. I can't wait, but it's ages away :(

Hope Aguero gets back for you guys because Messi will be there, and he will make Kompany regret qualifying for the round of 16.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Englishman at the helm and straight back to 4-4-Fackin'-2.

Presumably they need to get a translator in for Lamela before he can play now AVB's gone...

442 with Ade is fine, we've played that under AVB many times. As long as it's not Soldado and JD together it will be OK. Sherwood is not stupid, he'll play it where appropriate. His youth teams all used 4231 or 433.

L1NETT

I'm not sure why.

Anyone play much of dota2? I always end up playing the holiday event every time it comes around. Would be great to play with some of you guys.

There must be some folks who play Dota 2 around here. Not me i'm afraid, always I bit intimidated by Lol and Dota.

I need some people to play Company of Heroes 2 with!

I wanna watch the Utd game tonight, but I just can't bring myself to watch Stoke

They aren't as bad as they were under Pulis, but they still kick lumps out of people and have the most boring forward line I have ever seen.

Showaddy

442 with Ade is fine, we've played that under AVB many times. As long as it's not Soldado and JD together it will be OK. Sherwood is not stupid, he'll play it where appropriate. His youth teams all used 4231 or 433.

Bearing in mind West Ham will basically be playing 4-6-0 is it really wise to go in with nothing but Dembele & Sigurdsson in the central midfield? Bearing in mind the latter get's through very little work?

Slizz

So interested to see wtf clank comes out of this lineup.

In other news I'm on Windows 8.1.... wtf am I supposed to do now?

dc89

Funky Kong is back.

o_OOOO is that it? Pls don't say thats it.

How excited are you for the CL match. I can't wait, but it's ages away :(

Hope Aguero gets back for you guys because Messi will be there, and he will make Kompany regret qualifying for the round of 16.

I'm pretty excited for it. Gonna do everything in my power to go to the home leg. We need Aguero. We also need to go to the Barcelona Hormone Treatment Clinic with a clean sheet if possible, which will be nigh on impossible.

Slizz

Enjoy the best version of Windows.

I already like it more than 7, but I know I'm not using it to it's fullest. Literally just installed it about 20 minutes ago.

No MSE, now I see Windows Defender is the new hot shit. Is it effective as a stand alone or do I need some more stuff?

Dunno about any of the other apps.

Plasma

Banned
Wilshere says he'll appeal any ban he might incur from the FA.

Scumbag.

What's the point? It's as clear as day, I'll be annoyed if he got a two game ban when Suarez got one but he'd be mad to appeal it at the risk of staying out longer.

FootballFan

I'm pretty excited for it. Gonna do everything in my power to go to the home leg. We need Aguero. We also need to go to the Barcelona Hormone Treatment Clinic with a clean sheet if possible, which will be nigh on impossible.

Got these hormone treatment clinic stats from totalBarca just before:

"Over 31 total matches, Barça defended their turf with 25 wins, four draw and only two defeats, thereby ending the year with a 81% home success rate.

Over the 31 matches, FC Barcelona scored 94 goals (3.03 per match) and despite defensive criticism still let in less than a goal per match at 0.81 (25 goals in total)."

If you keep a clean sheet at the Etihad, that would make things really interesting.

kharma45

I already like it more than 7, but I know I'm not using it to it's fullest. Literally just installed it about 20 minutes ago.

No MSE, now I see Windows Defender is the new hot shit. Is it effective as a stand alone or do I need some more stuff?

Dunno about any of the other apps.

It's perfectly fine with a good healthy dose of common sense. I'm only using it and I'm fine. Just don't go on dodgy sites or download dodgy stuff and you're grand.

Apps wise I don't really use many. Just Bing News, Bing Sports, Netflix, Flipboard and a few social ones for notifications.

Fergie

Banned
Official team

De Gea; Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Jones, Anderson, Young; Welbeck.

Subs are Johnstone, Chicharito, Nani, Fletcher, Büttner, Zaha, Kagawa.

Hmm, Anderson behind Welbeck in his natural role I wonder? Thought Ekangamene might've been on the bench.

I'm interested in seeing how Anderson fares.

No Lamela.
Not bad.

irsGRKsVYG0o8.gif

arkon

I'm not sure why.

I've seen some guys from here post in the Dota2 community thread. Mostly OddMorsel, ElyrionX and Wes I think.

I was getting into it a few months ago after getting swept up in the TI3 hype. Haven't played for ages though and I'm not very good. lol

Slizz

It's perfectly fine with a good healthy dose of common sense. I'm only using it and I'm fine. Just don't go on dodgy sites or download dodgy stuff and you're grand.

Apps wise I don't really use many. Just Bing News, Bing Sports, Netflix, Flipboard and a few social ones for notifications.

Alright cool. Seems like I'm pretty well set. Set up my sports tab first lol, then weather, then got Chrome and imported all my shit.

ROONEY INJURED - Stoke v Man Utd (1945 GMT)
Big news from the mouth of David Moyes: "Wayne Rooney is injured."

When asked if he will be fit for the festive season, he answered: "We hope so."

No Rooney and no Van Persie?

Yen

Ibe just dribbled about 45 yards to score, surely must be a better shout than Moses. Horrendous wind in this game.

Blackpool equalise

I've seen some guys from here post in the Dota2 community thread. Mostly OddMorsel, ElyrionX and Wes I think.

I was getting into it a few months ago after getting swept up in the TI3 hype. Haven't played for ages though and I'm not very good. lol

I gave up after getting like 1 kill in 7 bot matches :(

I don't know why Ibe is being handled like a fragile dinosaur egg from Old Trafford. Would much rather he played than Moses, he was very good in pre-season, and Rodgers has no problem playing other youngsters

Top Bottom