• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Magical stuff from Suarez.

We were too adventurous early on in the half, we were over-committing before we had established control.

Still, great stuff overall.

pulsemyne

Welcome Welcome.

To be fair, nobody can play Suarez right now. Not a lot he can do. Tan's a nutter mind, I think he might lead his team out in some mad procession.

At the moment Tan is wearing a pair of black leather gloves. He looks like a Bond villain.

This is what I've always dreamed of as a Liverpool fan! Unbelievable.

I'm close to tears

MrTear.gif

Sorry to spoil the party and all that, just found out my dog has cancer :'(

:( damn, sorry to hear that.

Tegris

Not much to say about the half really, obviously we've been far better than Cardiff and have created plenty of good chances. Suarez is as incredible as ever, and Henderson is fantastic in a free role without needing to play Gerrard's minder. It's been quite easy for them to hit us on the counter, and I suspect Lucas will be told to stay deeper now that we're 3-0 up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Malky's sacked at half time after that performance. He has to change something now(though it'll probably be Campbell for Odemwingie...).

You need your LW to just sacrifice his attacking game and help your LB out more, or replace Taylor if you have an alternative. Sterling is learning to use his pace to good effect against open teams, and you need a LB who thinks ahead rather than reacting against that kind of incredible pace, as its a race he'll always lose.

Suarez though, not sure what you do about him. You can't put one person on him, as he'll lose him easily. You can;t put 2 on him, as it fucks your entire team's shape. And even if you shackle him, everything he touches is turning into gold. Words can't describe the confidence he's playing with, he'd fuck anyone in this mood unless they can stifle the midfield and prevent the ball going near him.

Henderson beasting again, Sakho playing well. Skrtel needsto stop giving the ref a decision to make when he pulls shirts in the box, and he needs to stop fouling from unthreatening counterattacks. Just keep pace.

Welcome Welcome.

To be fair, nobody can play Suarez right now. Not a lot he can do. Tan's a nutter mind, I think he might lead his team out in some mad procession.

Should've at least had Medel man-marking him. Our main issue is that we sit back with six defenders inviting teams to come at us. That tactic was always going to cause issues today. And Whitts and Taylor having no pace down the left.

Hopefully at some point we'll see Cornelius up front with Odemwingie or Campbell.

bjaelke

Football News. @EPLBible
10 - Suarez becomes the only ever player in Premier league history to score double figures in a single month.

Jon Flanagan has completed more take ons (5) than Ashley Young has managed this season (3)

iGNQRPiMBwAV2.gif

Sterling or Januzaj?

:p

Seriously though, if Sterling can maintain a decent level to stay in and around the first team as he progresses, he can become a real beast. Seems to be throwing his crosses into dangerous areas now rather than trying to hit a single player and ballsing it up in the attempt to get it too precise.

You need your LW to just sacrifice his attacking game and help your LB out more, or replace Taylor if you have an alternative. Sterling is learning to use his pace to good effect against open teams, and you need a LB who thinks ahead rather than reacting against that kind of incredible pace, as its a race he'll always lose.

Our LB cover on the bench is an 18 year old kid who's played two games.

Kassu

Banned
I hope Liverpool win the title if we don't. They're much more likable club than City or Chelsea.

Also you can't hate Suarez, he's just so good. Hnnngh.

Marc

I wonder how Suarez is gonna fuck up Liverpools season this time around.

Thing is, by the time he does that (if), Sturridge will be back who had a 1 in 1 ratio scoring against all the big teams for Liverpool.

Liverpool are playing liquid football, Suarez is a beast and erm... Henderson... is actually playing well without Gerrard messing things up. Thats the bigger issue is, when Gerrard comes back, does he go straight into the team? As that is Rodgers weakness, way too much in love with the guy for doing so little under him.

GorillaJu

Sterling's scored, but I'd really love to see a Coutinho goal. He's been playing rather deep, and it's worked well for Henderson whose been immense. Cou or Allen - if either scored I'd joypoop

LTWheels

The only place I would put Gerrard in this team is on the right, in Sterlings position.

Keep him out of the middle

Gerrard's crosses are always the best from the right.

Also pushes him up closer to goal.

The only problem with this is that if we are buying Salah, then that is where he will play.

pappe

Thing is, by the time he does that (if), Sturridge will be back who had a 1 in 1 ratio scoring against all the big teams for Liverpool.

Liverpool are playing liquid football, Suarez is a beast and erm... Henderson... is actually playing well without Gerrard messing things up. Thats the bigger issue is, when Gerrard comes back, does he go straight into the team? As that is Rodgers weakness, way too much in love with the guy for doing so little under him.

Suarez is a whole level above Sturridge. Right now Suarez is untouchable.

You are right abt Gerrard. Its about time Gerrard is phased out but in the world cup year i dont think Gerrard will let that happen.

Top Bottom