• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Young Left, Valencia right. Wellbeck as SS and Chicharito as no.9. Cleverley in the midfield. Smalling RB.

ibjjCbCBvq3KBT.gif

GorillaJu

Tempo has slowed down a bit as expected in the second half.

Could see Cardiff nicking a goal or two for sure with Campbell and Kim out there, they've scored some big goals for them.

But taking off Medel seems crazy to me. He's been their best player out there.

Marc

Suarez is a whole level above Sturridge. Right now Suarez is untouchable.

You are right abt Gerrard. Its about time Gerrard is phased out but in the world cup year i dont think Gerrard will let that happen.

We saw they can play together before he got injured, why wouldn't you play with two strikers who both score for fun. Suarez is in his prime, Sturridge is getting his first extended run so not a shock there. Lets not forget Sturridge was getting every match winning goal whole Suarez was out.

I hope it happens for England too, would much rather play Barkley.

pappe

Can Liverpool challenge for the title? Personally I think theyre 2 players missing of a squad that can.

They dont need a deep squad as they are only in competition and can focus solely on the League.They are definitely gonna challenge for the title whether they win or not is another question.

Fergie

Banned
Cardiff getting back in the game with these chances.

21-12-2013-GifNumber-7.gif

@Squawka: Man City starting XI versus Fulham: Hart, Clichy, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Nasri, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Negredo. #MCFC

@Squawka: Newcastle starting XI against Palace: Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini, Williamson, Santon; Anita, Cabaye, Tiote; Sissoko, Remy, Gouffran. #NUFC

pappe

We saw they can play together before he got injured, why wouldn't you play with two strikers who both score for fun. Suarez is in his prime, Sturridge is getting his first extended run so not a shock there. Lets not forget Sturridge was getting every match winning goal whole Suarez was out.

I hope it happens for England too, would much rather play Barkley.

Yea they can play together but i was talking in case Suarez gets suspended for eating the Anfield cat after scoring a hattrick.

GorillaJu

That wasn't a foul at all

Our shape is suffering. We aren't controlling the midfield as well. I think having Johnson on the left is having a detriment

Fergie

Banned
@UnitedHeaven_: Man United Starting XI: De Gea, Rafael, Evra (c), Evans, Smalling, Januzaj, Valencia, Jones, Cleverley, Rooney, Welbeck. #MUFC

U wot. So Rooney is playing.

That's good. Rafa still in.

danwarb

Liverpool defending like shit for corners and free-kicks recently.

Suarez is a whole level above Sturridge. Right now Suarez is untouchable.

You are right abt Gerrard. Its about time Gerrard is phased out but in the world cup year i dont think Gerrard will let that happen.

Gerrard has actually been good this season outside a few poor games at Hull and Arsenal. Still creates all kinds of chances.

Hindle

Banned
Not when we're letting in goals like that

Set piece defending needs to improve, and they seem to lose possession too easily at times. The likes of City or Arsenal would hurt you for those mistakes IMO. If they improve on those, then I think it's possible.

United line up; De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Jones, Cleverley, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck

Subs; Johnstone, Giggs, Hernandez, Young, Kagawa, Buttner, Fletcher

Fergie

Banned
I guess at this point we can just conclude that Moyes hates Asians. There is no other explanation for him not playing Kagawa in this match.
Should be Shinji behind Rooney. But Welbeck is being rewarded for his performances.

I just hope when he subs in Shinji it's in the number 10. Position.

GorillaJu

Rooney is playing? Fucks sake I made a last minute decision to pull him out for Negredo in FPL thinking he was injured. Took a point hit for it too. -_-

Fergie

Banned
@FulhamFC: Fulham starting XI v @MCFC: Stekelenburg; Riether, Senderos, Hughes, Riise; Dejagah, Karagounis, Parker, Sidwell, Richardson; Taarabt. #FFC
Barcaham.

@Squawka: West Ham starting XI vs Man United: Adrian; Demel, Tomkins, Collins, McCartney; Noble, Morrison, Taylor, Jarvis, Diame; Maiga. #WHUFC #MUFC

pappe

Rooney is playing? Fucks sake I made a last minute decision to pull him out for Negredo in FPL thinking he was injured. Took a point hit for it too. -_-

I was gonna put him in as well for Aguero but thought he wont play. Went with Giroud a lil risk for this week but Arsenal has easy games after this week.

GorillaJu

Times like these I wish we'd just clear the fucking ball out. They're pressuring, we need to regain shape and just get the ball up the field so we can re-settle.

Top Bottom