• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Jimrpg

Vincent Tan and Tony Fernandez are dicks. :p

Especially Tony. So much that he had to relocate to Indonesia over some matters.

From what i have seen, Tan is more of a dick.

Did Tony change QPR's strip? Is Tony going to change the name of the club? Tony backed his manager to the hilt until it was looking like relegation was unavoidable. Cardiff is not even in the relegation spots and he wants to fire Mackay, probably one of the better managers in the prem.

The only thing I've seen that I can criticise Tony is that he has been a little bit naive in the football department and bought a lot of hacks for the club... I can forgive him for that because he at least made the money available. But he had Tarabt and Remy both good players and he got Redknapp who I think is a decent manager who can handle big egos... I think he's done ok.

There are a lot of men like Vincent Tan around, they need to go far far away, if I was a Cardiff supporter I would not be going to anymore games.

Jimrpg

Yep. Just few months on the helm and he is more Blue than that stupid Moyes was for 11 years.

So good.

seems a lot of people on grandoldteam forum also saying the same thing but didn't Moyes and the team go do hospital runs in years past?

in any case I'm really won over by Martinez, he's made a big difference on and off the field... just one man can make a big difference!

From what i have seen, Tan is more of a dick.

Did Tony change QPR's strip? Is Tony going to change the name of the club? Tony backed his manager to the hilt until it was looking like relegation was unavoidable. Cardiff is not even in the relegation spots and he wants to fire Mackay, probably one of the better managers in the prem.

The only thing I've seen that I can criticise Tony is that he has been a little bit naive in the football department and bought a lot of hacks for the club... I can forgive him for that because he at least made the money available. But he had Tarabt and Remy both good players and he got Redknapp who I think is a decent manager who can handle big egos... I think he's done ok.

There are a lot of men like Vincent Tan around, they need to go far far away, if I was a Cardiff supporter I would not be going to anymore games.
Tony was lobbying to 'streamline' malaysia airports' organization, which could cause hundreds of layoffs, not to mention trying to close down a low cost airline (firefly) because he has Air Asia.

When it comes to football, Vincent is worse but about being dick? Tony takes tje crown.

faridmon

Grubby ingratitude, farid. tsk.

Hey, there is a difference between being a blue and making the club ''The plucky ones''
He does have my gratitude for certain things, but being blue and respectful towards our tradition wasn't one of them.

seems a lot of people on grandoldteam forum also saying the same thing but didn't Moyes and the team go do hospital runs in years past?

in any case I'm really won over by Martinez, he's made a big difference on and off the field... just one man can make a big difference!

One; Don't ever form any opinion from that Forum. The majority of them are biased assholes who are quite tinted and resolute to be stubborn beings away from reality of things. NOt to mention a lot of them are misogynistic and sexist asshats, so fuck em (Just see the Womens football thread, man...)

Second, yes, Moyes, did go to a lot of hospitals, but also he did send the ones who are out of favour to do the community things. Martinez does tell everyone to go out if you feel like it and help out the community at your pleasure which motivate the players to actually do things, Moyes actually treated those visits as a punishment (Fellainis multiple yellow cards, Baines defences lapses and Heitingas back pass in that Wigan game all resulted them in doing those community work)

Blablurn

Man, we came a long way after the defeat against chelsea in the finale dahoam. This game changed so much for bayern. Maybe it was fate to wait one more year. Maybe pep would be somewhere else know. Thiago probably wouldnt be here either. Apropos thiago, this guy, even though he is so young, is such a beast. He will be very, very expensive in the future.

2013 was crazy, crazy. Thank u chelsea and Dortmund. Wouldnt have been possible without you.

Lightning

Banned
blablurn stop being a smartass. The Bayern situation where the club currently are has got nothing to do with the Chelsea defeat. You had the best squad in Europe last season with no Thiago and no Pep. Neither of them have made you better this season than last season.

You also might want to wait until the end of the season for this never ending Pep asslicking as you had the league won before the season started but haven't won the cup or CL yet and should you fail then this season will ultimately be worse than last season.

faridmon

Ugh at Blaburn

Give me a fucking break. It would have been more shocking if You didn't win anything. After a long time of choking, you might as well wina trophy or 3 and then spend loads of money in order to monopolise a League.
It has nothing to do with Chelsea nor Dortmund. In fact you should have beaten them blind folded but you didn't, for a long time. That should tell you more than anything else.

Go home, Bla, you are drunk!

Blablurn

BcDXSomCYAAEU3f.jpg:large

Jack cw

Man, we came a long way after the defeat against chelsea in the finale dahoam. This game changed so much for bayern. Maybe it was fate to wait one more year. Maybe pep would be somewhere else know. Thiago probably wouldnt be here either. Apropos thiago, this guy, even though he is so young, is such a beast. He will be very, very expensive in the future.

2013 was crazy, crazy. Thank u chelsea and Dortmund. Wouldnt have been possible without you.
We lacked mentality before 2013. The competition with Dortmund made us better, yes. Chelsea showed us that we weren't that good as many thought - too many missed chances, no faith in our on strength... Heynckes tweaked tactics to more counter pressing to win against counter oppositions, bought Martinez as destroyer, Mandzukic to win balls in the air and it worked perfectly, so yeah in some way the final 2012 and dfb final 2012 were turning points for the things that happened 2013 but the basic layout was done in 2009 with van Gaal. And we shouldn't forget how important the position of Matthias Sammer was because he focused on the matches, strenghtened the mentality of the players and took every media focus away from the squad.

I admit that pep, thiago and probably Götze wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for our success 2013 and I'm glad we could keep our level with those new guys. I hope we reach the semi final this year in CL and from there on everything is possible. Pep was the right choice regardless if we defend the title or not, Bayern was never better than right now.

bjaelke

Blame the weather.

In Norway and Scandinavia in general have a winter break which is akin to the Summer break everywhere else. It fucking sucks.

At least your break is at the end of the season. Our season just went into a 3 month Winter hiatus.
26% think we're going to win the league? Who the fuck votes on these MOTD polls?

Shocking. It'll probably drop to 6% after Boxing day.

GTGB05R.png

Blablurn

We lacked mentality before 2013. The competition with Dortmund made us better, yes. Chelsea showed us that we weren't that good as many thought - too many missed chances, no faith in our on strength... Heynckes tweaked tactics to more counter pressing to win against counter oppositions, bought Martinez as destroyer, Mandzukic to win balls in the air and it worked perfectly, so yeah in some way the final 2012 and dfb final 2012 were turning points for the things that happened 2013 but the basic layout was done in 2009 with van Gaal. And we shouldn't forget how important the position of Matthias Sammer was because he focused on the matches, strenghtened the mentality of the players and took every media focus away from the squad.

I admit that pep, thiago and probably Götze wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for our success 2013 and I'm glad we could keep our level with those new guys. I hope we reach the semi final this year in CL and from there on everything is possible. Pep was the right choice regardless if we defend the title or not, Bayern was never better than right now.

I agree. The others probably not but they are haters anyway :D

Blablurn

You know everyone sees the world out of his own bubble and some in here still think that BPL is the best league out there but let them dream.

true dat!

gonna watch hobbit 2 in some hours. i hope its good. i actually liked the first one. saw it this week. expected something worse but i was pleasently surprised. thought it would be more boring. but pacing was surprisingly fine.

Jack cw

true dat!

gonna watch hobbit 2 in some hours. i hope its good. i actually liked the first one. saw it this week. expected something worse but i was pleasently surprised. thought it would be more boring. but pacing was surprisingly fine.
I'm going to watch it tomorrow and I loved an unexpected journey so let's see if Jackson tops it but with Evangeline Lilly I seriously doubt it.

Meier

I'm going to watch it tomorrow and I loved an unexpected journey so let's see if Jackson tops it but with Evangeline Lilly I seriously doubt it.
I was pleasantly surprised by her. If you liked Hobbit 1, I can't see any scenario where you don't like 2.

FootballFan

Respect.

So true, if it had to be any other team dominating Europe I'm glad its bayern.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Some mutterings that Lennon is out injured now as well. When it rains, it pours.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
i rather take the 7-0 beating again in the semis than play in a fucking Europa League tho
I'm practically immune to banter, since I'm always the first one to make fun of my team.

But no, I'd take EL over a legendary, unprecedented, public bukkake.

Don't get me wrong, but there's nothing sweeter than Barca's salty tears.

Razor554

I'm practically immune to banter, since I'm always the first one to make fun of my team.

But no, I'd take EL over a legendary, unprecedented, public bukkake.

Don't get me wrong, but there's nothing sweeter than Barca's salty tears.

bukkakes are great bro

and nothing is sweeter than salty tears of a Barça hater when Neymar lifts the CL trophy in Lisbon

Jimrpg

Tony was lobbying to 'streamline' malaysia airports' organization, which could cause hundreds of layoffs, not to mention trying to close down a low cost airline (firefly) because he has Air Asia.

When it comes to football, Vincent is worse but about being dick? Tony takes tje crown.

Hmm, but aren't we forgetting that he started the whole low cost airline thing and made it big in SEA, he's done a lot of good for a lot of malaysians, many of whom would have found air travel prohibitive before he came. If he doesn't restructure the business it will probably hurt more in the long run.... anyway it sucks about the significant loss of jobs but every company is going through it at the moment...

I don't know enough about vincent tan off the pitch but he seems to have pissed off a lot of cardiff supporters.

justjohn

why are we playing on monday when we have another game on thursday? man city, Liverpool and united get to have two extra days rest. bullshit

Jimrpg

Hey, there is a difference between being a blue and making the club ''The plucky ones''
He does have my gratitude for certain things, but being blue and respectful towards our tradition wasn't one of them.

One; Don't ever form any opinion from that Forum. The majority of them are biased assholes who are quite tinted and resolute to be stubborn beings away from reality of things. NOt to mention a lot of them are misogynistic and sexist asshats, so fuck em (Just see the Womens football thread, man...)

i believe grandoldteam is at least a step up from the blue kipper forum... that was really feral. :)

Got FM14 yesterday. Picked Milan, ended up being 14-ish in October. Stepped down after a private talk with Berlusconi.

Why this can't happen in real life ffs.

--

According to various sources, Nainggolan is getting closer to Milan by the day. At this point there's less than a milion between our offer and Cellino's demands, and will probably end up at €7m + half of Cristante.

If we manage to buy him would be a sweet, sweet January. Of course Juve is still watching the situation and might decide to grab him before it's too late. In any case, Cellino confirmed yesterday that he'll leave Cagliari in January.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pep.gif

Got FM14 yesterday. Picked Milan, ended up being 14-ish in October. Stepped down after a private talk with Berlusconi.

Why this can't happen in real life ffs.

--

According to various sources, Nainggolan is getting closer to Milan by the day. At this point there's less than a milion between our offer and Cellino's demands, and will probably end up at €7m + half of Cristante.

If we manage to buy him would be a sweet, sweet January. Of course Juve is still watching the situation and might decide to grab him before it's too late. In any case, Cellino confirmed yesterday that he'll leave Cagliari in January.
I hope not. What the hell are we supposed to do with him? Turn him into a wingback too?

Derby tonight! Line ups:
I won't see it (5 a side + dinner later) hopefully I'll be able to stream it from time to time on my phone. Sky put out a surprisingly good Sky Go app for Windows Phone, I'm impressed they didn't screw up.

Anyway, no Montolivo means that it's going to be even worse to watch, I'm ready to see Inter winning 2-1. And I already know that either Bonera or Zapata (or both, why not) will fuck up, 'cause they can't get two matches straight in a row.
I hope not. What the hell are we ssupposed to do with him? Turn him into a wingback too?
Exactly. Leave him to us, we'll take care of him.

Top Bottom