• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

11485639245_d86036c712_o.gif

noal

Banned
So glad there is no winter break in the premier league. Would be insanely boring if there was a break instead we get 3 league games and a FA cup game.

The lack of a winter break does make the premier league more exciting. Does it help England? Probably not, and they need all the help they can get.

Lightning

Banned
The lack of a winter break does make the premier league more exciting. Does it help England? Probably not, and they need all the help they can get.
Certainly doesn't help our teams CL chances but the epl have won the competition so none of the teams have that excuse. We all need squads that can rotate. The biggest thing about the pl is there are very few easy games in it and that shock result is always around the corner.

Fatigue is not England's biggest issue. The problem for England is they have a lack of talent and what talent they do have is scattered throughout too many clubs so the cohesion is never there. Spain have majority of their squad Barcelona and Madrid players, Germany same with Bayern and Dortmund players. I think that plays a huge part in it.

Yen

Watched two eps of Orphan Black. V good. Maslany's stand out performance (bar the main character) has to be Art. Can't believe they have her playing every character in the entire show, brilliant acting and makeup.

Watched two eps of Orphan Black. V good. Maslany's stand out performance (bar the main character) has to be Art. Can't believe they have her playing every character in the entire show, brilliant acting and makeup.

Sounds interesting. May catch up when it goes for 3 series, lest I get into it and then it gets cancelled :p

Won't it be funny when we fail to beat Arsenal and then Liverpool. Then, over the coming weeks, fall behind Man United. Oh god, it's going to happen.

Yen

Sounds interesting. May catch up when it goes for 3 series, lest I get into it and then it gets cancelled :p

n.b: I may have slightly misrepresented the premise of the show.

I previously advocated for a PL winter break, but I've realised how stupid that is. One of the few (only?) times I was inadvertently an idiot.

n.b: I may have slightly misrepresented the premise of the show.

I previously advocated for a PL winter break, but I've realised how stupid that is. One of the few (only?) times I was inadvertently an idiot.

The actual premise sounds more interesting than your representation bruv, I wiki'd it. If she was literally playing every character, I'd consider it a pretentious wankfest and vow to avoid it at all costs :p

Meier

I'd recommend giving it a shot sooner than later. Season 2 will start up next year.. it's a big hit and she's won quite a few awards for the role(s). I think it'll get at least 3 seasons at a minimum.

GorillaJu

Still more glorious football to come this weekend.

I don't know how I ever got into this sport when I hated it as a child and never followed any other sports closely but nothing makes me happier than knowing there's a game still to come on a weekend day.

Lightning

Banned
Still more glorious football to come this weekend.

I don't know how I ever got into this sport when I hated it as a child and never followed any other sports closely but nothing makes me happier than knowing there's a game still to come on a weekend day.
I can't believe after our great start we may end this weekend 4th. Fuck!

lol Baker's defending for Adam's goal. Just invited him onto his left foot and given him ethe space to use it

Do referees consider the ability/strong foot of a player when judging a foul to impede a goalscoring oppurtunity?

Lightning

Banned
lol Baker's defending for Adam's goal. Just invited him onto his left foot and given him ethe space to use it

Do referees consider the ability/strong foot of a player when judging a foul to impede a goalscoring oppurtunity?
How about the stupidity of that Stoke player for Villa's goal? Great assist that.

GorillaJu

That would be a really difficult thing to implement/enforce. I imagine they just assume everyone is Messi and give every player the benefit of the doubt.

That Negredo cross was awesome, although Hughes should probably have done better,and maybe would have earlier in the match. Tired attempt to clear it, looked like he didn't have the energy to lunge so had to fling a boot at it as it flew past him

K1LLER7

I just saved that photo a while ago. :lol

I like that photo because Ravel is in the background looking on.
Thought you'd like it lol. Ravel was missing for most of the game. Still needs more games under his belt imo.

Adnan was awsome today (bar diving). Never expected Moyes to be playing him as much as he has this season. He's pretty much the main left winger for the 1st team now. Really looking forward to seeing how he does against the top teams. Will be a good development season for him.

Over the next month, hopefully we get Carrick back, buy a CM in January who is first team quality (Cabaye pls), and keep the wins ticking.

So glad there is no winter break in the premier league. Would be insanely boring if there was a break instead we get 3 league games and a FA cup game.
It's not so bad this season since Zenit were just awful the last couple of games, the break came just in time.
Blame the weather.

In Norway and Scandinavia in general have a winter break which is akin to the Summer break everywhere else. It fucking sucks.

It used to be that way in Russia. The season used to be from March-December. I liked it much more like that. No stupid break in the middle of the season and there's football all year round for me to watch. Now summers without football are just awful.

Playing Fifa 14 Manager mode after Football Manager is weird.

Why the fuck are the players so cheap and why is it so easy to get good deals for everyone.

Meanwhile, the PS4 is a fantastic machine. My favorite thing about it? How awesome Netflix looks and performs. Worth the extra monies I paid for proxy to make it work in Malaysia.

Top Bottom