• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Suen

One of the worst derbies I've seen in my life so far. Watching Stoke's reserve team play against Fulham's reserve team would be even more fun. Switching my focus to Valencia - Madrid. At least something is happening there.

Dark Rider

/sighhhh

I'll be glad when today is over. My Grandad passed away during the night.
I'm trying to watch some football to take my mind off things but this Milan game is awful.

:(

I'm sorry to hear that :(
do whatever it takes to get your mind off of it

Koko

Banned
/sighhhh

I'm trying to watch some football to take my mind off things but this Milan game is awful.

Sorry to hear this. My most sincere condolences for you and your family.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
muntari's disgraceful.

It was an accident.

no intention

pls

i had forgotten about inter's new owner.

i can't breathe.

pop-off-psy-artist.jpg

Lightning

Banned
/sighhhh

Sorry man. Many prayers for you and your family.

Yeah, games suck today. Think I will go play some Twilight Princess.

FootballFan

Also, don't bother with this Milan game DC. Legit one of the worst games I've seen this season, with typical serie a refereeing.

Watch PSG or Madrid if you're going to watch football.

dc89

sorry for your loss, mate. Always hard.

Sorry to hear that man :(

:( sorry to hear that.

Condolences, dc. :-(

I'm sorry to hear that :(
do whatever it takes to get your mind off of it

my condolences. how old was he?

Sorry to hear this. My most sincere condolences for you and your family.

Sorry to hear that DC :(

Sorry for your loss mate. :(

Condolences DC

Sorry man. Many prayers for you and your family.

Yeah, games suck today. Think I will go play some Twilight Princess.

Sorry to hear :(

Thanks everyone. He wasn't well for a few weeks now, and old age really caught up with him over the past few months.

His birthday was coming up on January 2nd. I'm pretty sure he'd have been 89.

Batigol

Banned
It's really annoying that the Milan game is 5 minutes behind on BT. What's the point in watching? I know it's not live and can just check whoscored

dc89

Lightning

Banned
Also, don't bother with this Milan game DC. Legit one of the worst games I've seen this season, with typical serie a refereeing.

Watch PSG or Madrid if you're going to watch football.
La Liga refereeing is worse, way worse than any other top league. It's like the games are fixed in Spain.

Yager

Banned
Because a one-word post in such a thread is worthless? It's not the opinion, it's completely ignoring the points OP made. The guy took some time to express his opinion and people just went in to post "Nope"/"No", why even bother to do that?

No.

Yes, I agree.

confuziz

Banned
Because a one-word post in such a thread is worthless? It's not the opinion, it's completely ignoring the points OP made. The guy took some time to express his opinion and people just went in to post "Nope"/"No", why even bother to do that?

I don't agree with this, but whatever.

Suen

Yep agree with this. People should take time to write more than a word or it just makes them come off as dicks.

confuziz

Banned
They are getting banned for one word replies that don't contribute to the thread. Just posting no is spam, at least explain why then you won't be banned.

spam (spm)
n.
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

Doesn't seem like spam to me.

Linius

I can understand why they would ban these people, Neogaf wants to show the world this is a place where you can get a serious discussion about games. Not just simple trolling or one word answers that won't start discussions. Seems a bit harsh to ban people right away though. But it sends the message loud and clear.

Suen

I can understand why they would ban these people, Neogaf wants to show the world this is a place where you can get a serious discussion about games. Not just simple trolling or one word answers that won't start discussions. Seems a bit harsh to ban people right away though. But it sends the message loud and clear.
It serves that pathetic bunch in the gaming section right. Perhaps they will express themselves better next time instead of acting like a bunch of nerds from ign and gamefaqs.

bjaelke

spam (spm)
n.
Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups; junk e-mail.

It falls under the posting etiquette rule:
Be polite, please
In general when posting in threads, don't be a dick. Be respectful of other fellow members, and learn to argue against the points in a discussion without making it personal or insulting the other party. Present your points well and others will respect your opinion more. Using proper grammar and avoiding typos will also make it easier for others to understand your message.

Don't do annoying things
There are various things which can be considered annoying to many people in general, try to avoid doing that. If someone makes a post with tons of images in it, don't quote the entire post just to reply with "cool" or "looks good". Don't spam a thread with posts which contribute nothing other than implying you were first to post in it. Don't be a racist or a bigot.

But, the site couldn't even stay up when Nintendo announced Crank Kong.

Some message to the world.

Yager

Banned
spam (spm)
n.

Myabe you could consider it a troll-message attempt? I don't know, I'm not saying I agree with banning them, but whatever, I'm not a mod.

Top Bottom