• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Suen

Would Jose want to work with Benzema again???
Don't think Benz and Mou had any problems between them and he used Benz plenty of times. To be fair Ancelotti seems to give Benz enough playtime even when he's in horrible form too so my suspicions are that there are external reasons to why someone as shit as Benz still get to play. For all we know both Ancelotti and Mou might have wanted to use Benz less.

Xabi Alfonso to Juve is a done deal.
Parma buy 30+ years old players, not Juve. Get the facts straight Juve boy.

spidye

so in 9 days lewandowski is going to announce his plans for next season

what do you guys think?
is it bayern or a suprise move to BPL?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

what do you guys think?

Obviously he's going to Bayern. Unless Pep has been sniffing glue again and thinks he can play without a striker.

Salvadora

gRujD.gif

Hopefully we get another goal like this from Thierry Walcott tonight.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hopefully we get another goal like this from Thierry Walcott tonight.

Horrendous from Cech and his defenders there, Walcott is on his arse but still walks through them. Didn't Walcott score against someone elsel after falling over last season?

That's quite the poor article.

You can think of Simon what you want but to write bad about him after that Bayern match? Come on. That shit was boring as fuck, you can hardly blame him for a lack of tension.

what do you guys think?
He'll announce that he has signed a new contract at BVB

what a twist

fuck him

Peco

Niang joins Montpellier on a 6 months loan with a 10m buy-out clause.

Aubameyang 2.0

Good luck M'Baye, you're still better than Matri and Robinho, that's all you need to know.

Yen

Mackay calls 1pm press conference.

"@iainmacintosh: This Cardiff City press conference is just going to be Vincent Tan dressed as Malky Mackay and 'resigning' in a really bad Scottish accent."

L1NETT

He also said that Januzaj was the greatest player in PL history to not have played for a national team.

Oh dear haha

Three of the top of my head

Steve Bruce
Di Canio
Arteta

done.

--

And best PL Fk taker? Up there, but my fav was always Juninho. Such a legend.

Walshy

Looks like the muppetry is in full swing already.

Must be an early christmas present
It's the best time of year!

Been linked with him for a long while now. Man Utd are supposed to be looking at him too.

Good player, but I get the feeling he's destined for an oil club.
Not sure what to expect with Liverpool this transfer window but it seems certain we are going to go for a midfielder. I don't think Rakitic is anything like the other midfielders we have been linked with though, who all seem a bit on the defensive side.

From that I've seen of Rakitic, in particular this season and last season, he make some good passes and is very stable in midfield. Technically I'd say he is good but I don't think he's worth the price Sevilla is demanding (which was above 30+ I think). Let's put it this way, he's not Modric but he's far from bad.

Anyway as it looks now Sevilla will have a hard time earning a CL spot less Bilbao manages to fuck up so Liverpool in CL might be juicy for him.
Would happily take a poor-mans Luka Modric at Liverpool, we've lacked a player like that who dictates play from deep ever since Alonso left to join Madrid.

Gerrard cannot do it consistently due to his age. We have tried Lucas doing it the last few games and he's been a bit ineffective at it imo.

Suen

I heard some people talking about Cassano going to Samp in January yesterday. I assume they were joking, although they were discussing it like it was real news.
Yeah there were rumors about that as well. Pietro Leonardi denied any of those rumors being true though, besides we can't be that stupid unless we wish to bet our chances on getting relegated this season.

sohois

Aubameyang 2.0

Good luck M'Baye, you're still better than Matri and Robinho, that's all you need to know.

Wait, I thought Niang was supposed to be one of the best teenager strikers in the world when he emerged, what the heck happened? Did he do a Bojan or summat?

Jack cw

That's quite the poor article.

You can think of Simon what you want but to write bad about him after that Bayern match? Come on. That shit was boring as fuck, you can hardly blame him for a lack of tension.
Haha, good lord, why in the hell do you have a commentator there in the first place? Its his fucking job to moderate, to talk bullshit when a game becomes as boring like this or Barca 2008-11. Even Kevin Großkreutz would be decent if he would spectate a close 4-4. True skill shows when you have a one sided match, were one team just maintain their lead - entertainment and rhetorics are needed.

And of course he is to blame, that guy was so embarrising that I thought the broadcast just stopped sending the commentary. And his smartass reviews about both clubs were cringeworthy. As bad as many people here in Germany make Reif, those ARD/ZDF guys are way worse. Rethy, Barthels and Simon are such a miscast, when compared to many others like Fuss or commentators from other countries.

Aubameyang 2.0

We are also shipping out Cristante. Dat youth project. Fuck Galliani, seriously. I'm losing all faith in this team.

Wait, I thought Niang was supposed to be one of the best teenager strikers in the world when he emerged, what the heck happened? Did he do a Bojan or summat?

Allegri insisted on playing him as a right midfielder, and then benched him after he didn't score enough. Also, our youth project consists of hyping up young players and then selling them before they reach their potential, and playing with mediocre late-20s Genoa and Cagliari players instead.

Fuck.

We are also shipping out Cristante. Dat youth project. Fuck Galliani, seriously. I'm losing all faith in this team.

Allegri insisted on playing him as a right midfielder, and then benched him after he didn't score enough. Also, our youth project consists of hyping up young players and then selling them before they reach their potential, and playing with mediocre late-20s Genoa and Cagliari players instead.

Fuck.

Run away Mastour.

Slizz

I hope thats his office at Cardiff. Not a fucking single piece of football memorabilia... just old pots n gongs n shit.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On the bright side, Milan lead Serie A in possession, are fifth in pass completion % and second in shots per game.

allegri-happy.jpg

bud

very much looking forward to tonight's game, but at the same time i do realise arsenal will get battered on the break.

football is about to die.

FIFA/UEFA whoever need to step in and do something about players being signed and loaned and loans generally.

It's rigging the game.

If Chelsea have really signed Markovic and loaned him back for 2 years - that's a joke.

Top Bottom