• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

subtles

Liverpool have by far the hardest fixture. Everton play at home, Chelsea at home and Arsenal play West Ham away. 1 loss and it's first to 5th with Navas, Silva, Toure, Fernandinho, Negredo, Nasri, Dzeko all waiting to run at Skrtel, Flanagan, Kolo, Aggar, Lucas, Sakho. Could be a long game for that defense and when that' s done Mou's bus is waiting.
I hope they don't fasten their seat belts, the hype train is coming.

Walshy

Liverpool have by far the hardest fixture. Everton play at home, Chelsea at home and Arsenal play West Ham away. 1 loss and it's first to 5th with Navas, Silva, Toure, Fernandinho, Negredo, Nasri, Dzeko all waiting to run at Skrtel, Flanagan, Kolo, Aggar, Lucas, Sakho. Could be a long game for that defense and when that' s done Mou's bus is waiting.
Sakho is brilliant though, and Flanagan has played against City before and was fine.

I'm more worried about set pieces and Skrtel and Johnson.

And City are going to play Clichy as a RB, Kolarov and Desmechilis against Suarez, Coutinho, Henderson and Sterling.

Either way it's going to be a real high scoring game

Ogden says Carrick may be back for the Boxing game day.
Ooh nice.

Think we should be alright at Hull though..

We need him for the home game vs Spurs. Maybe sub appearances in the next two to ease him back in. Wonder if Fletcher starts one of the next two games.

Yen

Don't worry. Second half of the season, all the top teams have to come to Anfield.

The last 19 games for us are easier than the first 19, and we have no CL to worry about. Next 2 games are just bonus points for us.
Yeah, but very soon, neither will Arsenal.

Lightning

Banned
We need him for the home game vs Spurs. Maybe sub appearances in the next two to ease him back in. Wonder if Fletcher starts one of the next two games.
The best part about that game is they go to Old Trafford 3 days before our FA cup game against them. You can tire them out for us!

subtles

Has Coutinho's goal obsession gotten a bit worse recently, or is it just me? It's a lot more than his positioning recently, his demeanor appears to have changed as well.

Elchele

messi.jpg_777612156.jpg

:lol Messi is in Rosario.

Wonder if I can manage to get a photo

Kassu

Banned
Who would have thought that we won't win the title because we don't have competent striker? I like Giroud but he's just not good enough for us. Even Bendtner would had scored from those chances Giroud got and that just isn't acceptable at all.

And if everything goes as Wenger has planned we won't get striker in January and we'll finish as third/fourth at the end of the season ffs..

Mastadon

Banned
Watch Liverpool v City turn into a drab 1-1 draw.

I don't even think that's possible. Two best attacking teams in the league, both with suspect defences. I'm really excited about the game. I don't expect anything out of it, but we're full of confidence and won't be scared to go at them.

We're not expected to win, so there's very little pressure on us, and if we do manage a win it'll give us some real belief.

Elchele

Who would have thought that we won't win the title because we don't have competent striker? I like Giroud but he's just not good enough for us. Even Bendtner would had scored from those chances Giroud got and that just isn't acceptable at all.

And if everything goes as Wenger has planned we won't get striker in January and we'll finish as third/fourth at the end of the season ffs..

yis, thank God we went for Mandzukic in the last minute.

Yen

I don't even think that's possible. Two best attacking teams in the league, both with suspect defences. I'm really excited about the game. I don't expect anything out of it, but we're full of confidence and won't be scared to go at them.

We're not expected to win, so there's very little pressure on us, and if we do manage a win it'll give us some real belief.
I think Liverpool getting anything out of the game is just as likely as City sticking 6 past us :(

Elchele

Liverpool would be pot 3 or 4, right?

2014/15 group of death:
Barcelona
Dortmund
Ajax
Liverpool

--------------------Lucky old man
Polish RB - Sokratis - Hummels - Schzmelszzzr
------------- Gundogan - Bender
------Aubameyang - new guy who doesn't suck - Reus
------------------- Adrian Ramos(?)

Hmmm

Replace Ajax with Juventus in pot 3.

No

Ajax always gets the shit group.

--------------------Lucky old man
Polish RB - Sokratis - Hummels - Schzmelszzzr
------------- Gundogan - Bender
------Aubameyang - new guy who doesn't suck - Reus
------------------- Adrian Ramos(?)

Hmmm

Subotic will hopefully be back for 2014/15, Gündogan will be gone, Micky will be amazing and I'll kill myself if Ramos is our main striker (protip: he won't be)

Walshy

Graham Hunter from the Guardian says we've been scouting him and Koke for the last 6 weeks.

Still convinced he's going absolutely fucking nowhere though.
Of course they aren't, it's very lazy journalism.

That Atlético team are on the cusp of something great if they don't sell their players.

Elchele

Subotic will hopefully be back for 2014/15, Gündogan will be gone, Micky will be amazing and I'll kill myself if Ramos is our main striker (protip: he won't be)

The other colombian guy sounds better.
You rate Subotic higher than Sokratis? I doubt Gundogan will leave after being injured for so long, he will need time to recover his form.

Clegg

If Giuseppe Rossi can prove his fitness then we'll probably see a few clubs raiding Fiorentina for him.

Class player when fit.

The other colombian guy sounds better.
You rate Subotic higher than Sokratis? I doubt Gundogan will leave after being injured for so long, he will need time to recover his form.

Subotic is one of the most underrated CBs. He's always been very good defensively but also plays quite the decent ball forward since defenders started attacking the shit out of Hummels whenever he's got the ball. So yeah, definately Subotic over Sokratis for me.

Gündogan needs to sign a new contract or get the fuck out. I don't see him signing a new contract and I don't see us not cashing in next summer.

Baki

Graham Hunter from the Guardian says we've been scouting him and Koke for the last 6 weeks.

Still convinced he's going absolutely fucking nowhere though.

Yeah. Arsenal are scouting, there's a release clause. Now it all comes down to Costa.

faridmon

Wow, Chelsea were playing dirty. Those two tackles on Arteta were out of this world.

Kindly fuck off Mikel you dirty piece of shit. Could have broken his leg.

Clegg

Are we talking about Costa moving after the World Cup or in January?

The former is possible but you're talking out of your arse if you think the latter will happen.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah. Arsenal are scouting, there's a release clause. Now it all comes down to Costa.
Who would be insanely stupid to leave Atletico to join Arsenal or Liverpool and therefore won't. I will be very surprised if Costa leaves the La Liga, if he leaves Real or Barcelona will get him for me.

I'm always having a laugh when people post "news" that big club X is scouting player Y who scores a lot of goals/is an upcoming talent/etc.

No shit, those guys get paid to take a look at players. What a surprise they noticed players which even the guy that has no fucking idea about football had noticed.

Elchele

I'm always having a laugh when people post "news" that big club X is scouting player Y who scores a lot of goals/is an upcoming talent/etc.

No shit, those guys get paid to take a look at players. What a surprise they noticed players which even the guy that has no fucking idea about football had noticed.

:lol milch <3

I agree, but sometimes it does look like clubs have to idea of what they just signed. For example Gladbach signing LdJ. They needed a Reus replacement, and instead they signed a dutch Hanke.

Sometimes I wonder if they just youtube the players. Surely Uli asks for video tapes

Top Bottom