• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2VKBFMT.png

Haha I suck so hard at these kind of games. No wonder I'm too scared to try Dark/Demon souls.

Dark Souls isn't that hard, give it a shot.

L1NETT

Another garbage list, what a surprise. Move on.

--

Interesting to see how Robin of Sherwood does in the old transfer market or if he brings more youth players through (since he knows them clearly better than AVB did)

Recall Carrol and play that Bentekebab chap, he looked sharp.

Don't think Spurs need to splurge (maybe up top)

Gonna repeat myself, but both North London clubs should have got Remy.

Scum

Ronaldo is the best player of 2013.
Messi is the GOAT.
Where are the Ath. Madrid players in the Top 10 list??

GorillaJu

Flanagan a doubt for the City game, seems to have a hamstring problem. Probably going to play Martin Kelly at RB and Johnson on the left.

Feorax

Flanagan a doubt for the City game, seems to have a hamstring problem. Probably going to play Martin Kelly at RB and Johnson on the left.

Bit worried about that. When that sub was made on Saturday, 3 of our 4 defenders ended up having shockers.

That being said, City have serious fullback issues too, so who knows at this point.

dc89

Bit worried about that. When that sub was made on Saturday, 3 of our 4 defenders ended up having shockers.

That being said, City have serious fullback issues too, so who knows at this point.

I'm expecting Clichy at LB and Milner at RB.

GorillaJu

Pure coincidence that this happens the same time as the Red Sox worst-to-first season? Or did something click inside the Fenway management? John Henry must be feeling pretty smug right now.

I think we're seeing the results of a light season in terms of fixture congestion, young players beginning to catch up to their potential, the momentum from an easy opening run of fixtures, a world-renowned sports psychologist working with a world-renowned sociopath, and most of all the stumbling and inconsistency of Manchester City, Chelsea and Man United.

GorillaJu

Apparently Gerrard trained with the team today?

He is my favorite player to ever wear the shirt, but I really hope the team has a few more games without him starting. He's excellent against weaker opposition, and his set piece delivery is the beast in the league, but after seeing the West Ham, Cardiff and Spurs games, where Allen's tackling and pressing gave us myriad attacking opportunities, I'd really like to see the team go unchanged, at least against City.

Fry

He is my favorite player to ever wear the shirt, but I really hope the team has a few more games without him starting. He's excellent against weaker opposition, and his set piece delivery is the beast in the league, but after seeing the West Ham, Cardiff and Spurs games, where Allen's tackling and pressing gave us myriad attacking opportunities, I'd really like to see the team go unchanged, at least against City.

Yeah me too.

I want Django back already. I miss him so much :(

BcQRcwYCUAAz997.jpg:large

Feorax

I have to wonder, if it was any game other than City away, whether Liverpool would have cancelled the Christmas party and trained as if it was any other time if year?

kharma45

Christmas food is so unappealing. You wouldn't eat it otherwise.

Turkey - dry.
Mince pies - pls.
Christmas Pudding - fruit cake?

Christmas pudding is... well I've never tried it but mince pies I'd eat all year round and turkey is fucking great. Lovely in a sandwich and nice in a curry too.

Hixx

Fuck turkey I'll be eating beef.

And pls. Pigs in blankets are freely flowing on Christmas day which makes it the BEST day.

I have to wonder, if it was any game other than City away, whether Liverpool would have cancelled the Christmas party and trained as if it was any other time if year?

Not sure. The players should understand though, we'll need every advantage available to get something out of these games. Imagine if we won both...

Worried about Flanagan's availibility, we completely lost our defensive shape when he came off for Kelly, even though I rate Kelly at RB and Johnson at LB.

Top Bottom