• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Linius

I have a Christmas game on my list (Batman), a Ghibli blu and some random stuff. I'll see what happens tomorrw.

5ta8mCo.png

Christmas in Animal Crossing for y'all.

Fuck this weather, if the trains don't get sorted, I have to pick my brother up from Wimbledon and bring down to the south coast.

I wanna drink, not drive through shite traffic and conditions, damn you Zeus!

I had to take 4 detours this morning because of the weather. There was definitely some sort of fallen tree conspiracy to get me on the M25 during rush hour.

sohois

I have work on Christmas day. Won't be receiving any gifts. Also have work on Boxing Day so can't get drunk or do anything at all in the evening. It's the price I pay for working in China.

Walshy

I have work on Christmas day. Won't be receiving any gifts. Also have work on Boxing Day so can't get drunk or do anything at all in the evening. It's the price I pay for working in China.
You are missing the City game as well I'm guessing?

Feel for you, boxing day football is the best.

sohois

You are missing the City game as well I'm guessing?

Feel for you, boxing day football is the best.

Actually no, one bright spot is that my schedule is clear on Fridays, so there is no issue with me waking up to watch the game and simply sleeping in.

bjaelke

Top Ten Youngest XI in European Top(?) Leagues (based on this weekend's fixtures):
1. Anderlecht 22.27 years
2. Vitesse (Ned) 22,91 years
3. Twente (Ned) 23.36 years
4. Standard 23.54 years
5. Sporting (Portugal) 23.73 years
6. Ajax (Ned) 23.90 years
7. Leverkusen (Ger) 24.27 years
8. Liverpool (Eng) 24.72 years
9. Zenit St Petersburg (Rus) 25.27 years
10. Dortmund (Ger) 25.54 years

---

Fabio Coentrao has reflected on his logic as to why Cristiano Ronaldo deserves the FIFA Ballon d’Or over both Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery.

The 28-year-old is seen as favourite to pick up the 2013 edition of the award ahead of fellow finalists Messi and Ribery and for one of his colleagues at club and international level, it is easy to see why.

“Messi is a great player, but he has spent a long time away from the pitch,” considered full-back Coentrao to A Bola this week.

“And you cannot give an award of this type to Ribery, who only scored 22 goals.

“Cristiano Ronaldo has always been at a high level and has scored twice as many goals.”

Salvadora

Tim Sherwood seems rather unqualified to be given the Spurs job on a full-time basis.

The Independant used Guardiola (and Mourinho/Villas-Boas) as examples when responding to people who questioned his credentials....

Kenka

Let's talk about something else entirely :

Brazil 2014 final round predictions :

1/4

Code:
[B]Brazil[/B]      2-0 Japan
Switzerland 0-3 [B]Germany[/B]
[B]Spain[/B]       2-0 England 
[B]Argentina[/B]   1-1 (4-2) Portugal

1/2

Code:
Brazil 0-1 [B]Germany[/B]
Spain 0-1 [B]Argentina[/B]

Final

Code:
[B]Germany[/B] 3-1 Argentina

Kenka

Top Ten Youngest XI in European Top(?) Leagues (based on this weekend's fixtures):
1. Anderlecht 22.27 years
2. Vitesse (Ned) 22,91 years
3. Twente (Ned) 23.36 years
4. Standard 23.54 years
5. Sporting (Portugal) 23.73 years
6. Ajax (Ned) 23.90 years
7. Leverkusen (Ger) 24.27 years
8. Liverpool (Eng) 24.72 years
9. Zenit St Petersburg (Rus) 25.27 years
10. Dortmund (Ger) 25.54 years

---

SP%20SPO%200204%20Piet%20Velthuizen.jpg.crop_display.jpg

<3

Hixx

"The loss of Brown for the next three games against Everton, Cardiff and Aston Villa, is a major blow after the former England international’s stunning form since returning from 21 months on the sidelines.

Sunderland have registered four clean sheets in seven league games with Brown and O’Shea together in central defence after failing to register a single shut-out in the previous 10."

LLShC.gif
Wesley pls

However Diakite up against Lukaku will be interesting. Diakite is fucking nuts you have no idea what he is going to do next... which is probably not what you want from your CB.

Peco

LOOOOL, CSKA president sounds bitter as fuck about Keiswag.

Nainggolan to Milan is a done deal it seems, Berlu better not fuck this up by stopping again another transfer. And Cairo wants Nocerino instead of what we're proposing him (half Saponetta). These are the players we need most right now, too bad Allegri will ruin it all.

Looks like RasDellaFossa might be closing his YouTube channel. Fuck Allegri. :(((

rasbarcamilan2.gif

He's right tho, YT is garbage.

sohois

Tim Sherwood seems rather unqualified to be given the Spurs job on a full-time basis.

The Independant used Guardiola (and Mourinho/Villas-Boas) as examples when responding to people who questioned his credentials....

Well, it is a legitimate comparison. However for predicting the success in such a case what is far more relevant is the base rate, rather than the extreme examples. Now, calculating the base rate in such circumstances is tricky. Do you strictly look at unqualified head coaches, do you look at unqualified coaches handed top jobs or do you look generally at first time head coaches, regardless of the job or the qualifications they previously held.

Villas-Boas and Guardiola are the most successful examples, but when they are 2 out of every 100 coaches that go onto to be successful then it really doesn't paint a good picture for the potential success of Sherwood.

cremino

Nainggolan to Milan is a done deal it seems, Berlu better not fuck this up by stopping again another transfer. And Cairo wants Nocerino instead of what we're proposing him (half Saponetta). These are the players we need most right now, too bad Allegri will ruin it all.

He's right tho, YT is garbage.

LOOOOOOL, is Galliani mad? Saponetta was one of the best in the derby and Nocerino is useless. Seems like Galliani prefers mediocre experienced players instead of young talented players.........

That is hilarious. Someone actually wants that useless sack of shit Nocerino, but we are trying to dump Saponetta and Cristante instead?

What is wrong with Galliani . . .

Showaddy

The key bit with Sherwood though is the 18 month contract, it's short enough that Levy can easily give him the boot but it's long enough so as not to paint Sherwood as just an interim.

Chances are even if Spurs do moderately well (5th or win the Europa) Levy will just bring his preferred candidate in during the summer.

Top Bottom