• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Yen

Not sure. The players should understand though, we'll need every advantage available to get something out of these games. Imagine if we won both...

Worried about Flanagan's availibility, we completely lost our defensive shape when he came off for Kelly, even though I rate Kelly at RB and Johnson at LB.

Play Agger at LB

Feorax

Play Agger at LB

I'm all for this. Flanagan, despite his recent drives forward, is far better in defence than attack. Playing Agger at LB would be a good move IMO.

It's almost certain to be Johnson LB, Kelly RB though. Hopefully we've trained with that lineup in mind this week to make sure we don't lose our shape.

Kenka

turing2_1124571g.jpg

bud

at what point does the maid get introduced in that horror series that yurt mentioned a few times.

it's all i care about.

FootballFan

Lol at Neymar. Fucking hell, because of 3 months? Another "Most popular players in the world" list.

I love how it's wrong neymar is there for "3 months" yet same people are saying ronaldo should be first cause he has had "3 months" better than messi this year, because messi is /dead.

Either one at first is fine IMO, personal preferences and all that, just saying it isn't that crazy for messi to be first. Xavi at 8 is a much much much worse decision.

Some atletico players should be there, they deserve recognition for trying to stop the big two and winning more trophies than Madrid in the last 4 years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alright Yenrot, I'll bite.

at what point does the maid get introduced in that horror series that yurt mentioned a few times.

it's all i care about.

LOOOOOOOOOOL literally the only good thing about S1

Very early or even in episode 1 I think.

Clegg

I think FF and the Guardian writers have missed the point of the list. And yes I'm saying the ones who compliled the list got it wrong. Their methodology was sound enough but those who voted on it didnt follow it. This was a ranking of who were the best players for the calendar year. There is no earthly way you can give it to Messi. He's been unfit for too much of it.

Mastadon

Banned
Alright Yenrot, I'll bite.

LOOOOOOOOOOL literally the only good thing about S1

Very early or even in episode 1 I think.

Are you talking about American Horror Story? I watched and liked the pilot, but the first four episodes or whatever sucked.

FootballFan

I think FF and the Guardian writers have missed the point of the list. And yes it I'm sayingnthe ones who compliled the list got it wrong. Their methodology was sound enough but those who voted on it didnt follow it. This was a ranking of who were the best players for the calendar year. There is no earthly way you can give it to Messi. He's been unfilt for too much of it.

Nah I understand where you are coming from, I'm just saying you have 3 players which make a good case for the #1 spot. Any of the 3 is ok but each will bring out quite a lot of people who will disagree with the decision.

Xavi at 8th is ridiculous, whereas any of Ribery/Ronaldo/Messi at first isn't even close to being that bad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Bud

tumblr_lviqscsrcU1qli4o2o1_500.gif

Are you talking about American Horror Story? I watched and liked the pilot, but the first four episodes or whatever sucked.

Yes.

The first season is average. The 2nd one (which revolves around a different story/concept) was surprisingly quite enjoyable.

Season 3 is the best one so far.

(sorry if I'm repeating myself here)

jesalr

Jesus look how much work it takes to make a half decent turkey. Butterflying the meat on Xmas day? Just buy a chicken or duck and have done with it.

Do it a couple of days/the night before. And it's so much more than a half decent turkey. Best holiday bird I've ever had!

Clegg

Have we talked about Neville and Carragher's team of the season so far?

Neville: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Lovren, Baines, Ramsey, Toure, Lallana, Suarez, Rooney, Aguero

Carragher: Mingolet, Coleman, Mertesacker, Lovren, Shaw, Ramsey, Toure, Barkley, Suarez, Rooney, Aguero

FootballFan

Neville: Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Lovren, Baines, Ramsey, Toure, Lallana, Suarez, Rooney, Aguero

Carragher: Mingolet, Coleman, Mertesacker, Lovren, Shaw, Ramsey, Route, Barkley, Suarez, Rooney, Aguero

Is Route supposed to be Toure with the R and T swapped?

Walshy

Carragher: Mingolet, Coleman, Mertesacker, Lovren, Shaw, Ramsey, Toure, Barkley, Suarez, Rooney, Aguero
Not being biased, but Caraghers team is the one I'd choose

Mignolet is questionable though. Would probably have De Gea over both of them.

I love how it's wrong neymar is there for "3 months" yet same people are saying ronaldo should be first cause he has had "3 months" better than messi this year, because messi is /dead.

Either one at first is fine IMO, personal preferences and all that, just saying it isn't that crazy for messi to be first. Xavi at 8 is a much much much worse decision.

Some atletico players should be there, they deserve recognition for trying to stop the big two and winning more trophies than Madrid in the last 4 years.

Wanna know something playboy? I remember when Ronaldo won the league and should've won the Golden ball but it was all about how Messi had scored more goals and shit.

Well this year Ronaldo scored 69 (63 last year), and Messi scored 45. So honestly I don't even give a shit anymore about what anybody thinks, the proof is in the pudding. And yes Xavi at 8 is also another shit decision.

Golden Ball will be the same shit, either Messi or Ribery wins. Look at who Del Bosque voted for the Golden Ball... Iniesta, Xavi and Ribery. Clown show, like this list and like the Ballon D'or will be.

FootballFan

Wanna know something playboy? I remember when Ronaldo won the league and should've won the Golden ball but it was all about how Messi had scored more goals and shit.

Well this year Ronaldo scored 69 (63 last year), and Messi scored 45. So honestly I don't even give a shit anymore about what anybody thinks, the proof is in the pudding. And yes Xavi at 8 is also another shit decision.

Golden Ball will be the same shit, either Messi or Ribery wins. Look at who Del Bosque voted for the Golden Ball... Iniesta, Xavi and Ribery. Clown show, like this list and like the Ballon D'or will be.

That's deep man.

I disagree though, of course.

Top Bottom