• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Salazar

Anyone watching movies today, Christmas or other wise?

Mostly reading (Alan Moorehead's history of the African engagements in WWII; Trevor Royle's account of the Wars of the Roses) and being amazed by adorable toddler nephew.

I did watch The Grey. Which was violently underwhelming. Dermot Mulroney was doomed
when he tried to shimmy along a rope feet first. You go the other way, you fuck.

About to watch Thérèse Desqueyroux, which is a pretty sombre adaptation of a Mauriac novel. Audrey Tautou will pull me through it.

dc89

No time to watch anything today. Busy busy!

I'm going to watch Before Midnight in the next couple of days, I've been saving it up all year.

I've just got some stuff to wrap up then I'm done. Late wrapping presents :(

hope that nuclear submarine fizzes away :p

It's gonna be a great game, that's for sure. I think Liverpool will come with nothing to fear.

Toy Story 2!

Is this on BBC1 like the first film was yesterday?

L1NETT

Fucking wind blew down one of our fence panels at the back of our garden. Spent all morning putting it back up.

Merry fucking Christmas.

Messi

Tron Legacy.... is Olivia in that?

A movie is a movie I guess.

Ah cool. Will probably stick that on.

tumblr_lj6de0553d1qbdzeqo1_r1_500.gif

tri_willy

It's gonna be a great game, that's for sure. I think Liverpool will come with nothing to fear.

indeed it'll be a great game. im nervous as hell yet excited!

wishing football gaf a VERRY BERRY MERRY XMAS!!!

may brendan's battleship lead liverpool to infinity victories and beyond!!!

tri_willy

55. Karim Benzema

"Karim Benzema should be even higher in this list."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

fuck off you mongs

Suen

55. Karim Benzema

"Karim Benzema should be even higher in this list."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

fuck off you mongs
He should be higher on the list considering where Xavi and Neymay are.

Incomprehensible list. Should be 'Top 100 Footballers in 2013 based solely on reputation'
Yeah feels like that, this list is based on reputation and fame.

Labadal

it's not just for this season though, its the whole of the 2013 calendar year. Neymar's performance in half a season is not enough for top 10 in my opinion.

Probably because of no Euro competitions. But they are right. Suarez isn't good. He's a crap player that no one should be interested in. All his goals are lucky shots. He doesn't even know what he's doing. We'll keep him just because we feel sorry for him and don't want to burden other teams.

Labadal

Looking at the PL league table and seeing that Everton only lost 1 game so far. That's an impressive stat. Martinez has done a good job to say the least. This season is really great with so many teams so close to each other. If it stays this even, then Man United could very well win the league. I still think United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal will finish in the top 4.

Razor554

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2013/dec/100-greatest-footballers-2013

Guardian has updated their top 10 of 2013.

1 Messi
2 Ronaldo
3 Ibrahimovic
4 Ribery
5 Iniesta
6 Neymar
7 Gareth Bale
8 Xavi
9 Suarez
10 Aguero

imo, Neymar is way too high. Suarez not high enough.

Good list. Neygod should be higher than Iniesta tho and Garreth Fail shouldn't be in top 10.
After the treble and WC victory Neygod will be number 1 in a year.

Oh yeahh

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Tim Sherwood on his appointment: 'If you cut me in half, I bleed the colour of the club.'

Probably wants to get that looked at.

Hmm...
“They’ve made a great decision to give him the job,” the former Spurs manager told talkSPORT.

“Villas-Boas was a scout for years and years. He never played football.

“He got thrown into the deep end, did a great job at Porto, and got the Chelsea and Tottenham job off the back of that.

“Tim has far more football experience than the previous manager had
. He’s been a top player and captained Blackburn. He’s been coaching for many years with the Under-21s so he’s not short of experience.

“He’s got no fear and can handle players. He won’t be afraid of talking to them because they were bought for £20-30million, it will make no difference to him.”

SHOTS FIRED

Top Bottom