• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Mentally preparing for Young to start.

I have been trying to do that too. I'm struggling though.

iB32VfA8gPuBW.gif

GorillaJu

Rodgers, who took several Liverpool players with him to see that group game, said: "Bayern played with a three-quarter press [as Liverpool did at Tottenham]. They played with a controlling midfielder. Man City played 4-4-2, which was surprising on the night. They played two centre-forwards. Bayern had a holding midfielder, they had the quality and they got a result in the end."

NO FEAR.

Let's fucking do this!

Lightning

Banned
We'll do a decent impression of Bayern, but we'll still lose.

You knobends did an immaculate impression of a team that had a defensive midfielder sent off at 2-0 down and had used all their subs
Us knobends kicked your ass without you even scoring a goal. 0 points are 0 points but I was happy that we gave it a go against City.

And you won't do a decent impression of Bayern because you're not good enough. Bayern have quality players in every position, you don't.

It's basically Suarez vs Man City.

Us knobends kicked your ass without you even scoring a goal. 0 points are 0 points but I was happy that we gave it a go against City.

And you won't do a decent impression of Bayern because you're not good enough. Bayern have quality players in every position, you don't.

It's basically Suarez vs Man City.

Suarez can beat anyone in this form. If he played for you, there's a possibility that you'd be top instead of is

We'll give it a go later on, but I'm pretty sure we'll play it smarter than you guys did, even if the end result is the same. Just gotta tell Lucas to stay back and at least try to curtail Toure and Fernandinho attacking at will, and we're 90% of the way there

277-sun-with-face.png

Hopefully Flanaganadingdong is fit

Lightning

Banned
Suarez can beat anyone in this form. If he played for you, there's a possibility that you'd be top instead of is

We'll give it a go later on, but I'm pretty sure we'll play it smarter than you guys did, even if the end result is the same. Just gotta tell Lucas to stay back and at least try to curtail Toure and Fernandinho attacking at will, and we're 90% of the way there

277-sun-with-face.png

Hopefully Flanaganadingdong is fit
Top instead of you? Lol. This time tomorrow you'll be 5th. It doesn't matter how Lucas plays, City have too many numbers, every single player is going to need to play as well as Suarez for you to win that game.

Toure and Silva the main danger though for me. Navas will likely keep your fullbacks back, and then it's a matter of restricting service to Negredo.

Top instead of you? Lol. This time tomorrow you'll be 5th. It doesn't matter how Lucas plays, City have too many numbers, every single player is going to need to play as well as Suarez for you to win that game.

Toure and Silva the main danger though for me. Navas will likely keep your fullbacks back, and then it's a matter of restricting service to Negredo.

Suarez, Lucas and Sakho are the main men for us.

If Suarez doesn't play well, we don't score
If Lucas doesn't play well, we get smashed all game long
If Sakho doesn't play well, we concede too many to stand a chance of picking up a point

Navas won't need to push Flanagan back, he's naturally cautious which will be needed I think. Could do without Cissokho bombing up at the most inoppurtune times, and jogging back when it breaks down.

Has to be an unchanged lineup injuries permitting. Maybe switch Coutinho and Sterling to have Sterling try and take advantage of whichever rightback they choose, since that will probably be their weakest position with Zabaleta and Richards out

edit: Going from 1st to 5th in one day is gonna suck. Damn the fixture list, everyone else has a piss-easy game :(

Lightning

Banned
Suarez, Lucas and Sakho are the main men for us.

If Suarez doesn't play well, we don't score
If Lucas doesn't play well, we get smashed all game long
If Sakho doesn't play well, we concede too many to stand a chance of picking up a point

Navas won't need to push Flanagan back, he's naturally cautious which will be needed I think. Could do without Cissokho bombing up at the most inoppurtune times, and jogging back when it breaks down.

Has to be an unchanged lineup injuries permitting. Maybe switch Coutinho and Sterling to have Sterling try and take advantage of whichever rightback they choose, since that will probably be their weakest position with Zabaleta and Richards out

edit: Going from 1st to 5th in one day is gonna suck. Damn the fixture list, everyone else has a piss-easy game :(
Exposing either of City's flanks works. Clichy's shit and Zabaleta is not playing but if Sterling, Henderson and Coutinho don't play outstandingly well then Suarez is going to struggle as he will have too many players on him. Liverpool need to get City focusing on their other players as well, they can do this by exposing the flanks and drawing the centre backs out of position, then Suarez will get the room to punish City. GK is an issue for City as well which will help Suarez who loves to shoot.

All your defenders need to be good. Hopefully Skrtel is not playing as I would prefer Liverpool get something out of this game as City are too dangerous.

The table at this point is for taking the piss only. One loss for any of us can cost 3-4 places in the table. Too many games to go, it's not relevant.

sohois

City are far from some unstoppable unit and have several glaring weaknesses at the moment. Clichy RB, Demichelis, Hart or whomever is in goal - their defence is weaker than Liverpool's even with the injuries Liverpool are carrying.

Let them throw 3 men at Suarez and Stirling or Coutinho would get free reign to rip their fullbacks to shreds.

Zabojnik

I wonder if PS4 can survive this 38ºC temperatures during the whole summer

yolo i guess

Forgot you live in bizarro world. Winter is summer, up is down, etc. How much will that AC set you back? Just get a used one on the cheap, if money is tight.

Linius

I believe so. I keep getting my inbox spammed the fuck out by those PS4 berks sending messages in whatever chat they've got going.

Every time I'm watching Netflix on the PS3 I see these messages pop up on my screen :p

EDIT

Meh, fuck this shit. Was trying to get some tickets for Ajax - Feyenoord but apparently almost everything was sold two days earlier for people who have season tickets. Club card owners have almost nothing left except for the expensive seats. There will be nothing for those peasants who want to buy in free sale :O

EDIT 2

Aaw yis, did it after all. Not the seats that I wanted but okay.

P5NaBAk.jpg

EDIT 3

wDV9Ww8.jpg

That is some ugly work Fox

Salazar

Moyes on Cleverley

“Tom is someone we like a lot. He’s great on the training ground and about the place, so we want to give him as much chance as we possibly can. I think sometimes people haven’t seen what he can do and maybe they look to see what he can’t do.

“He certainly works really hard for the team, but he needs to score more goals.

“We’ve probably played him a little bit deep and we’re trying to get him further up the pitch now to make the box more often.

lol. He really doesn't. ClevGOD goals are an absurd bonus. If you want Fabregas, fucking buy him.

"He's great on the training ground and about the place"

wot

Salazar

Your mind turns so swiftly to criminal shit Andres

Moyes is learning how to steer. We will roll up over some team you love soon enough

pappe

Moyes on Cleverley

lol. He really doesn't. ClevGOD goals are an absurd bonus. If you want Fabregas, fucking buy him.

"He's great on the training ground and about the place"

wot
To score goals you need to have balls, vision and ability to kick the ball in the forward direction. Something which is severely lacking in Cleverley.

Salazar

ByTheMin Sport ‏@ByTheMinSport 16m
Boxing Day football we've not found a min-by-min writer for...

Chelsea v Swansea
Rangers v Stranraer
Man City v Liverpool

Care to help??

DC would be godlike in this role

justjohn

I was looking forward to watching Man city vs Liverpool on sky today but turns out Btsports has it. this is becoming a joke isn't it? i pay over £40 a month for sky and i still can't watch the top games.

Elchele

Forgot you live in bizarro world. Winter is summer, up is down, etc. How much will that AC set you back? Just get a used one on the cheap, if money is tight.

nah, I found one in my budget, the biggest problem is the installation... I have to find someone to do it, it's a mess, and I have to pay for it. :-/

Where the hell do they get this shit from

"Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is plotting a £48m swoop for Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain."

The Sun.

Clegg

Ogden says Moyes won't offer Ferdinand a new contract and will increasingly rely on Evans, Smalling and Jones as this season progresses.

So looks like Rio is gone in the summer.

Walshy

Ogden says Moyes won't offer Ferdinand a new contract and will increasingly rely on Evans, Smalling and Jones as this season progresses.

You'll probably get a centre back in the summer or January.

Empty

he'll probably retire but i bet redknapp tries to sign him in the summer

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chicharito is going to start this time right?

City have a a perfect record at home this season (8 wins from 8) while Liverpool have dropped points in 5 of their 8 away matches.
well fuck

Top Bottom