• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Clegg

On 360 I still have Bioshock: Infinite, Arkham City Origins, The Witcher 2, The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead Season 2 and Bully to play. Also gonna buy that South Park game and prolly get Black Flag somewhere down the line. The 360 will easily last me another year, have to cut back my gaming time anyways.

By the time I'll get the PS4 there will be a bunch of cool games to play. And as long as I haven't played next gen myself I'll also won't miss a thing :p

why
there are no games!
Linius: I've gotten go the stage where there aren't any more games I want to play on PS3. I'll keep it for TWAU and Persona 5, but other than that I don't have a backlog of PS3 games to go through.

Elsk: I wants that new tech!

Save your money Clegg. Wait for it to actually be worth buying.

I was actually relieved when I saw PS4's lineup for next year. Being 29 means I have less time to play, so now less temptations to buy games. I can live with Killzone, NFS: Rivals and NBA2K14 at the moment.

It sounds weird, but at this point I'm content with PS4 being my primary NetFlix player and less about games. Fantastic machine too.

Linius

I was actually relieved when I saw PS4's lineup for next year. Being 29 means I have less time to play, so now less temptations to buy games. I can live with Killzone, NFS: Rivals and NBA2K14 at the moment.

It sounds weird, but at this point I'm content with PS4 being my primary NetFlix player and less about games. Fantastic machine too.

If you got the money to spend on it, why not right?

Elchele

dat money. Quiche's bro innit

edit:

BcVx_G0CAAETl-a.jpg:large

legend

kharma45

Another reason why I'm just sticking with what I have. PS3 is perfectly good at Netflix.

If you got the money to spend on it, why not right?

Because it's a waste.

K1LLER7

Vaguely uneasy about Hull tomorrow. They tend to be hard to break down at home and we've been finding it hard to play against home teams who keep it tight.

Still think we should win tho.

Expecting some changes with the team tomorrow considering we play again on saturday, away to Norwich.

----------- De GOAT ----------

Rafa - Jones - Vidic - Evra

------ Giggs - Cleverley ----

Young - Rooney - Kagawa

---------- Hernandez ----------

Rooney has been dropping quite deep in recent matches to help the midfield, making it more of a 4-3-3 at times. Think Adnan, Tony.V and Jones will get a rest/bench.

kharma45

I'm with you on this. Nothing out for it that makes me want to buy it at the moment.

Backlog + Dark Souls 2 + Evil Within on PS3 will get me through most of the year.

Looking to 2014 the only game I want on PS4 that I can't get on my PC is MGS V and I can just play it on PS3. Until it has say five good exclusives I can't see me wanting it. Anything media wise for TV my PS3 can take care of.

kharma45

I don't mind. Don't think Fergie has one yet either. That makes 4 of us.

Does the PSN ID stay the same when moving from PS3 to PS4? I'd hate having to switch and add everyone again.

I believe so. I keep getting my inbox spammed the fuck out by those PS4 berks sending messages in whatever chat they've got going.

Elchele

My PS3 almost died in the summer when playing TLOU. You could hear the fans begging for their lives.

yeah, I downloaded Warhamer or whatever today and it showed a 800mb download update screen (not in the PS4 system, but in the game itself), and the fans went crazy. NOPE, deleted that shit.

Thankfully FIFA14 doesn't look like it takes much power out of the console, so the fans never really go crazy when playing it, also it helps I downloaded instead of using a disc.

K1LLER7

I believe so. I keep getting my inbox spammed the fuck out by those PS4 berks sending messages in whatever chat they've got going.
That's cool then. I think i've got you added as a friend.

My PS3 crashed 1 time during what I played of TLOU. Fan was going crazy and the disc had heat-marks all over.

2 problems which should be patched

1) I don;t want to see the ball being retrieved for every throw-in, its boring and pointless
2) Referees blowing for full time when one-on-one with the keeper

Fintan

anchorman's legendary. what an amazing, amazing film.

Having seen the second one the other day, it's weird going back and seeing how much younger they looked.

Is it only in football that people talk about being in a moment, like "Suarez is in a good moment" or "the team's not in a good moment"? I've never heard that phrase used anywhere else. Maybe it's a non-native English speaker thing.

anthonyOA

Salazar

2 problems which should be patched

1) I don;t want to see the ball being retrieved for every throw-in, its boring and pointless
2) Referees blowing for full time when one-on-one with the keeper

3) Martin Skrtel signalling, through repetitive and blatant fouls, that he doesn't know how to defend.

Sherwood's a fucking blert. "The Southamptons" ? There's one Southampton, cock, and they're fucking good.

K1LLER7

I miss Sleepless posting in here :(

Predictions for tomorrow:-

Hull 1 - 3 United
Villa 2 - 1 Palace
Cardiff 1 - 2 Southampton
Chelsea 2 - 0 Swansea
Everton 3 - 1 Sunderland
Newcastle 1 - 0 Stoke
Norwich 1 - 1 Fulham
Tottenham 2 - 0 WBA
West Ham 0 - 2 Arsenal
Man City 3 - 1 Liverpool

#IAMITK

I don't get that song about a girl crashing her car into a bridge and not caring.

Seems like an odd thing to not care about, cars are expensive and she could have died.

I can't believe some members on gaf were excited to see 47 Ronin and then were disappointed by how shitty it turned out to be. That movie was always going to be shit. It looked like shit in the trailer too.

Clegg

I'm now at that stage of Christmas where I've drank enough to feel sleepy but haven't had enough to conk myself out.

Think I'll raid the Quality Street.

Top Bottom