• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Hull's pressing is hilarious. You either do it as a team, or you don't do it. Having one player close the CB down while his teammates leave all the other defenders and deep midfielders free for a pass is counterproductive if anything.

Hixx

That's not true at all. They work hard, they simply lack a bit of quality.

It's a typical Bruce team. Effort only gets you so far and when that runs out...

1486dfu.png

14 league games without a win. 14.

we stayed up comfortably that year. looooool :(

Salazar

Fucking Pleat

Probably a fucking stupid, stupid cockend even in his cognitive prime

Now that his brain is full of plaque, they hand him a microphone

Walshy

Is that confirmed?

Shit.
Yeah, ECHO was reporting it before.

It's gonna be Kelly/Johnson as our full backs.

Our team will line up like this:

Mignolet
Kelly Skrtel Sakho Johnson
Lucas
Allen Henderson
Sterling Suarez Coutinho

We should cause City problems, but it's the wide areas they can really hurt us. They could drag Sakho or Skrtel out of defence, leaving huge space for someone like Toure to capitalise on.

GorillaJu

How United can be drawing 2-2 against this Hull side is beyond me.

I think the question is, how have Hull conceded two goals? The second I can understand - it was an excellent hit by Rooney, however the first was pretty poor. Smalling shouldn't have been able to get a jump like he did.

Hull have a pretty excellent defensive record at home. I wouldn't put it past them to win this game except for one thing: Steve Bruce teams always, always lose to Man Utd.

Walshy

I'd rather want Kompany out. He's the only top quality defender they have. And even with him City have looked vulnerable at the back.
Yeah, I think we'll be fine against their defense even with Kompany.

It's the midfield battle I'm worried about. I'd rather face a Fernandinho/Milner midfield rather than a Fernandinho/Touré one. When those two play together they bring the best out of each other, we need a repeat of our midfield performance against Spurs to get anything out of this game.

I still don't get why United fans seem to hate him that much.

Wilbur says:

"Because he's a fucking cunt who wanted out of the club twice, once entirely unjustified when he thought we couldn't challenge at the top anymore and then won two more titles with us (and wanted to go to City for fuck's sake the fucking Neanderthal cunt, and once because he wasn't the main man anymore and his pride took a hit and then he said shit like he should be selfish for once the fucking ape twat"

lol

Slizz

Wilbur says:

"Because he's a fucking cunt who wanted out of the club twice, once entirely unjustified when he thought we couldn't challenge at the top anymore and then won two more titles with us (and wanted to go to City for fuck's sake the fucking Neanderthal cunt, and once because he wasn't the main man anymore and his pride took a hit and then he said shit like he should be selfish for once the fucking ape twat"

lol
It's true.

It's like everyone in this thread disappeared when these sagas happened, especially the last one.

Fry

Wilbur says:

lol
Tell him I miss him more than Ive missed masturbating

Rad-

Okay, I get it. Rooney says things the others only think, he's selfish and not the brightest fellow, but he's still a great football player and he's stayed and despite his disappointment/anger he kept delivering.

He was pretty shit last season. Has been great this season though.

Top Bottom