• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Got visions of Allen falling over in Toure's wake.

Hopefully Henderson plays deeper. Not saying he's as strong as Toure, but we could do with congesting the area with as many workers as possible.

jtb

Banned
You're wishing too much. Once we start playing with 11 men (Podolski for Giroud) and Walcott scores a hat trick your hopes will all be gone.

Seriously Arse, what's wrong with some of the players in the team?

Giroud and Özil's great run at the start of the season have all gone to shit. Özil needs time to adapt better to this league (and needs to correct his fucking attitude and stop believing he is perfect, he needs to show up in every game...not only some). Ramsey is dead........Ramsey pls :(

edit: transfer window opening soon. Vela pls. We don't have any top striker to get anyway.

They've played nearly every single game, they're bound to be pretty tired. Hopefully Theo and Podolski being back reduce the load a little on Ozil and Giroud but we'll see. As for Ramsey, I'm pretty sure Wenger's policy is just "play until injured"—I wouldn't be surprised if he's played more minutes than any other player this season.

Lightning

Banned
If we fail to pick up points against West Brom and Fulham, the board might be forced into doing something on January 1st. But, either way, we're most likely going down with or without Allardyce.
You are not going down. Fulham are going down, Sunderland are going down and don't count out Cardiff lols. They were horrible today and have been many times this season. Their owner is also a knob which doesn't help.

wedward

Poldi --------------------------- Theo
----------------- Ozil ------------------
------- Rambo --- Caz/Jack -----
---------------- Arteta ----------------
Gibbs --- Kos --- BFG ---- Bac
----------------- Ches ----------------

Is such a thing even possible?

Seriously though, our possession game this season has been inconsistent at best. I read somewhere that we've been top of the league in that stat for the past 4 years but are currently (before Chelsea @ home, at least) 8th. I attribute that to Rambo letting his goals affect his tactical discipline somewhat (common problem with young CMs, see: Cesc), and Ozil not dropping deep centrally as often as Rosicky/Cazorla used to.

In this system, Ramsey would have a little bit more freedom to make the runs he likes to make, likewise with Theo and Poldi, who can be higher up the pitch, and we should hold onto the ball better too.

But we are top in the only category that actually means anything.

Suen

They've played nearly every single game, they're bound to be pretty tired. Hopefully Theo and Podolski being back reduce the load a little on Ozil and Giroud but we'll see. As for Ramsey, I'm pretty sure Wenger's policy is just "play until injured"—I wouldn't be surprised if he's played more minutes than any other player this season.
I understand tiredness will catch up to them but for the position Giroud is in he should be scoring something. Not nearly as many goals as he did at the start of the season but still some goals. This is the difference between an average striker and a world class striker. Podolski and Walcott (who's doing rather well so soon after coming back from injury) will def. help with reducing the burden. Here's hoping Giroud, Özil and Ramsey come back strong....but Ramsey need more rest. Wenger pls don't kill him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

He's only 2nd to Szczesny, lol.

Carbonox

We've beaten Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Why are you laughing? Oh, is it because you realised you're named after a shit character?

iH94gDUnvMA0B.gif

L1NETT

Oh, is it because you realised you're named after a shit character?

Fuck football, shots fired!

Kyo if you really believe you are a top 4 contender ahead of Arsenal,City United, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea then fair enough. But good luck, might be getting a bit ahead of yourself.

Carbonox

Glad we missed out on Cissokho. So glad. :lol

on a scale of 1 to 7 how racist is it that i always mix up cissokho with sakho.

What I'm upset about is their names don't copy the Brazilian-style pronunciation.

Cissokho = Cissokio
Sakho = Sakio

I would never stop laughing then.

Top Bottom